Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:30   #61
BHPian

Hi guys,

Since I was looking for Tyrse and Alloys, I came across another person who keeps alloys in Delhi:

Although you will not get a great range in terms of brands, but he did have a good variety of the X2 alloys(since these ar not so expensive snd seem reliable(I have seen many cars in delhi with them).
I got his number from Yokohama India as an authorised dealer of Yoko's

His name is Karan 9811138629

He is lokated in CR park.

I took five yoko's 185/70/r14 and got a buyback on my JK tornado 165/80/R14 at 1600 per tyre. Got 4909 yoko's meaning 49th week of 2009 manufactured.

Cheers
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Hi guys,
Since I was looking for Tyrse and Alloys, I came across another person who keeps alloys in Delhi:
Although you will not get a great range in terms of brands, but he did have a good variety of the X2 alloys(since these ar not so expensive snd seem reliable(I have seen many cars in delhi with them).
I got his number from Yokohama India as an authorised dealer of Yoko's
His name is Karan 9811138629
He is lokated in CR park.
I took five yoko's 185/70/r14 and got a buyback on my JK tornado 165/80/R14 at 1600 per tyre. Got 4909 yoko's meaning 49th week of 2009 manufactured.
Cheers

Which tire of Yokohama did you buy ??

What was the per piece price for the Yokohama's ??
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

The phone number belongs to Delhi Tyres and also is shared by Tyre Hub (Vasant Kunj). Maglev, I think the VK shop belongs to Delhi Tyres correct?
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The phone number belongs to Delhi Tyres and also is shared by Tyre Hub (Vasant Kunj). Maglev, I think the VK shop belongs to Delhi Tyres correct?
Correct! he's the same guy, both of them belong to him.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:22   #65
BHPian

URGENT advice needed

Hey Guys,
I'll keep it short but detailed here. I have been searching the market extensively for new alloys+tyres for my car. I have a chevrolet optra SRV. It came shod with 185/65 OE Goodyear NCT5 tyres and steel rims. Surprisingly, there aren't many options for me to consider given the fact that the PCD is 114.3. I have set my mind (and heart) on upgrading to 16 inches alloys and 205/55-R16 or 205/50-R16 tyres. The problem is that no dealer in Delhi has what I am looking for. I have been to Sai Mag Wheels, BK Tyres, Lenso (Karol Bagh) and a couple of unknown dealers too but to no avail.
So please help me out here and suggest some other dealers in Delhi or Gurgaon where I can get what I am looking for. The current tyres are bald to the core so I want to change them ASAP.
Old 1st March 2010, 19:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

You've checked the best options in Delhi and chances are rare that you'll come across the right set, atleast in NCR.
Old 14th May 2010, 01:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Can anybody share the details/contact of some dealer in Delhi who can provide me authentic League alloys. I seem to have found one model which is also available in 12". The model is LG-160.

I had decided on Neo, but stumbled onto this model just now. I would be making the purchase this weekend, so if anybody can please share the details of a dealer in Delhi or Gurgaon, who can provide me with League would be highly appreciated. PLEASE!

Thanks.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Blackfire, contact Jitesh Bhaiya at BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar. They stock League.
Old 14th May 2010, 21:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Blackfire, contact Jitesh Bhaiya at BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar. They stock League.
Hey there buddy, I contacted him today morning. He wasn't aware about any options for 12 in League, but I told him about two models LG-160 & LG-106 which are given on the website.

He inquired & informed later that there are no models in League which are imported to India for 12". He mentioned that not all models listed on the website are imported. At the same time he suggested Plati, & told me that he would mail me the details of the models available.

I just checked my mail & haven't recieved anything so far. I will probably speak to him again tomorrow.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

though I had posted this on another thread but the title of 'tyre upgrade for swift' might not have done justice to my question hence posting it here

I am currently running michelin xm1+ 185/70 R14 (bought from BK Tyres) on stock rims on my swift ldi. I was planning to upgrade to alloys and had a few questions around it
1. Swift stock rim is 5.5J so what width should I be looking at in the alloys I purchase? 6J or 6.5J or would it remain at 5.5J?
2. If the width is going to be 6J or more would it make the tyres look a little more fat than they already are? Please say yes
3. I was planning to visit BK Tyres (lajpat nagar, delhi) for getting the alloys. Would you recommend any other place where I could get good R14 alloys. BTW I am looking for white ones (5 spoke or more) for my white swift.

Something to consider before you suggest anything. The tyres have only done 4k so at least for another year or so I wouldn't be looking at an upgrade but if I plan to upgrade to 195s (r14 only, can't compromise on suspension going bad or ride comfort) later I would be very happy if the same alloys work with them too.
Old 13th August 2010, 21:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the store, you can check Sai Mag Wheels, Rama Road Industrial Area for alloys (Importers for HR/ HRS) apart from BKT. Sai Mag probably has the biggest collection in India.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

From what I've read on some threads the personnel at Sai Mag Wheels are very rude and they take no time in taking out your tyres in the first 5 mins you are there to ensure that you are serious about buying from them. Is such the case?
Old 14th August 2010, 16:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
From what I've read on some threads the personnel at Sai Mag Wheels are very rude and they take no time in taking out your tyres in the first 5 mins you are there to ensure that you are serious about buying from them. Is such the case?
You're mistaking Sai Mag for another dealer (I think Universal) as Sai Mag have no provision to change the wheels. They only deal in Alloy Wheels, no buybacks, no fitments etc. You can't find gems like BKT and Sai Mag easily, customer centric approach is their USP.

Regarding the rude point, the post was made by 'blackfire_9' in the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...rial-area.html . Sai Mag people don't entertain quotation requests over the phone especially when you're a retail customer residing in the same city as their operations, they ask for a personal visit and when you do so, be prepared for a wonderful buying experience. Blackfire_9 didn't like the way he was entertained over the phone, further details available on the thread mentioned where-in you can also find people praising Sai Mag. Do check out the thread by Notorious 'Visit to Sai Mag Wheels'.

It's your wish, I again say that finding people like those from Sai Mag and BKT is a difficult task. Quality Wheels, Amazing prices, Awesome buying experience etc. all describe them.

Off-topic: It was the closing time at BKT when I asked Jitesh Bhaiya for my Xing's Balancing. He told me to get the car after fifteen minutes and himself did the balancing after ages, that's a personal touch to business.
Old 14th August 2010, 21:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from BKT, Jitesh wasn't around but his brother was. I did check out the alloys at BKT but there weren't too many options for me. Jitesh's brother is also a very nice guy to deal with. Since I had 185s I checked with him if going for 195s R15 was a better thing to do since fat tyres wouldn't hurt and I would have a little more options in 15" alloys. I even said that I would give them 185s back to them but the good guy he is, told me that after running 4500 kms with 185s the buy-back would be less than 50% and 195s with R15 wouldn't be good for the suspension.
As you said, dealing with BKT is always a good experience and though I never bought anything off his shelf he still wasn't refraining from giving me a worthy advice.
I would now be visiting Sai Mag Wheels in one of the coming weekends now.

Also, BKT told me that rarely would I find alloys with 6.5J width and 6J would work perfectly with my 185s. I just want someone to tell me that 6J would make my 185s look at least a little fatter than on stock rims.

Last edited by fine69 : 14th August 2010 at 21:08.
Old 15th August 2010, 00:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Just came back from BKT, Jitesh wasn't around but his brother was. I did check out the alloys at BKT but there weren't too many options for me. Jitesh's brother is also a very nice guy to deal with. Since I had 185s I checked with him if going for 195s R15 was a better thing to do since fat tyres wouldn't hurt and I would have a little more options in 15" alloys. I even said that I would give them 185s back to them but the good guy he is, told me that after running 4500 kms with 185s the buy-back would be less than 50% and 195s with R15 wouldn't be good for the suspension.
As you said, dealing with BKT is always a good experience and though I never bought anything off his shelf he still wasn't refraining from giving me a worthy advice.
I would now be visiting Sai Mag Wheels in one of the coming weekends now.

Also, BKT told me that rarely would I find alloys with 6.5J width and 6J would work perfectly with my 185s. I just want someone to tell me that 6J would make my 185s look at least a little fatter than on stock rims.
Well, I can't comment on the width of the Alloy Wheels as I myself depend on this forum for the right advice but I would suggest you call up Gautam from Sai Mag before going and do give TBHP reference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks