Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 01:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
SC01 looks great too. I have changed my tyres as i got a very good buyback deal and the best price for the new ones..Believe me i have checked almost all tyre shops in Bangalore for Michelins (Pilot Primacies, XM1+s and MXV8s) since Jan 30th and this is by far the best. Changed to Primacy LC 195/60 R15. Tyres were a priority as i would not have got the rate if they had run a lot. The best rates for the Lenso's are from Sai Iyenger (Nithin) on Banerghatta Road. I am doing some more hunting on the Lensos before i call it enough and succumb to my emotions.. By the way for a hundred more bucks more you could get their membership and avail of 3 Nitrogen fills, 3 puncture repairs, 3 alignments and 3 balancings valid for a year. I feel it is a good deal. Guys keep the network going so that we get a good deal on the Lensos.
hey, I was also doing some research on alloys for my ANHC. Can you please let me know the details on deal which you got on your old stock tyres and rims. How much had the stock tyres run when you got them exchanged and at what price?
How much is the price for Lensos? set of 5.
Old 10th April 2009, 15:22   #62
BHPian

Tire for Honda city vtec(old)

I have the old honda city vtech fitted with Bridgestone tubeless tires of the size 175/65 R14. Both the rear tires are flat and need to be changed. The front two tires are in the pink of their health.

Now the question is :

!) Is it ok to replace only two tires instead of all 4? If yes, then i might put the front tires in the rear and new ones up front. I am concerned if it will affect the mileage or performance of the car in any way?

2) The tires i have on now are the standard Bridgestone tires (S322 i guess). Are there any better ones available in the market. If yes, please advise on it.

Thanks.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th April 2009 at 15:32. Reason: Search please
Old 10th April 2009, 15:34   #63
Team-BHP Support

1) Yes you can replace 2 tires if the other 2 are in good shape. If you drive fast in wet put the new tires in rear axle.

2) Please search inside the forum, there are a whole lot of options available for upgrade, though Bridgestone's are not that bad either for regular usage.
Old 17th April 2009, 14:13   #64
BHPian

Can anybody let me know what is the Mag PCD for the ANHC ?
Old 20th April 2009, 10:39   #65
BHPian

hi tabrez ! Its 4 bolt 100 PCD 15 inch
Old 15th May 2009, 10:20   #66
BHPian

Hi All,

I am very dissatisfied with the ANHCs ride quality. My car came with the Michelin's as OE fitment. Small bumps on the road get filtered in as if there was no suspension in this car! I have gone through the few tyre upsizes recommended by Mr.GTO and Mr.Raghava. However, I still have a few queries for you all to answer ;

1. I dont wish to change to Alloys and would like to continue with the stalk rims. Please recommend a tyre which would offer excellent ride quality and should fit into the existing rims.

2. Any significant or perceptible difference that I would feel on upgrading to a 15 inch alloys (Notwithstanding the looks, alloys being lighter, fuel efficiency etc.).

3. Will a tyre change or upgrade affect the warranty in anyform ?

Awaiting your expert comments please!

Last edited by sandeep.mishra : 15th May 2009 at 10:22. Reason: new line added in between
Old 19th May 2009, 13:14   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Warranty will not be affected but they advised me to stick to the stock size (effective dia) and go for only up to 195 (width).
I saw a car which was fitted with 205 and the wheel was sticking outside the car.
Actuallythere are people who like the look of wheels sticking out, like me for instance.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:22   #68
BHPian

Nayyar, can you please share your experience with the Michelin Primacy LC (195 65 15) on your ANHC? What deal did you get on them with the buy back?
lancer80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2009, 00:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer80 View Post
Nayyar, can you please share your experience with the Michelin Primacy LC (195 65 15) on your ANHC? What deal did you get on them with the buy back?
The Primacy LC has been ultimate. I have had them on for 3 months now and driven them in all kinds of road conditions. I found a profound difference in road grip and cornering from the XM1. Also the road noise, i would say is down by almost 50%. I got a good buyback on the old tyres. 2300 per tyre when everyone else was giving me 1300/1400. Plus no extras. I took a package for 3 balancings, 3 alignments, 3 puncture repairs and 3 nitrogen fillings for Rs 500 out of which none of it was ticked done when i left with the new tyres.
nayyar.rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2009, 20:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
I got a good buyback on the old tyres. 2300 per tyre when everyone else was giving me 1300/1400. Plus no extras. I took a package for 3 balancings, 3 alignments, 3 puncture repairs and 3 nitrogen fillings for Rs 500 out of which none of it was ticked done when i left with the new tyres.
Could you give me the contact details of the guy who bought the tires ? I've got a friend in th same situation.
Old 7th June 2009, 21:57   #71

My ANHC Tyre Upgrade

Got a Bold Beige ANHC last Tuesday and the first upgrade was on Rims and Tyres. Thanks to this and various other posts which acted as my guide:
Original ANHC (as we all know) is with steel rims and mine came fitted with Michelin XM1+. As recommended in some other threads, went to BK Tyres (Jitesh is really helpful) and got the following upgrades

Went from stock tyres to Michelin Primacy LC. This deal costed me net Rs 2400 per tyre (Rs 4900 price of Primacy - Rs 2500 price of stock) i.e Rs9600 in total.

Also upgraded from steel rims to Honda alloys (these alloys were imported from Honda Thailand) -> A set of 4 costed me net Rs 16500 (Rs 17500 cost of set of 4 minus Rs250 off on each of the 4 stock rims)

Ofcourse, ride quality and grip has been absolute delight ..will post the pics later in a new thread after all accessories are done.
galant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2009, 13:49   #72
BHPian

ANHC: Is warranty void once the tyres are changed??

Hi,

One of the sales rep in a Honda dealership told me that, we should not change the OE tyre of the ANHC. What is said is that if the customer changes the tyre after delivery, the warranty is will not be valid for that car.

Can Anybody who has changed the wheels / tyre comment on this?

Thanks
Old 11th June 2009, 14:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Hi,

One of the sales rep in a Honda dealership told me that, we should not change the OE tyre of the ANHC. What is said is that if the customer changes the tyre after delivery, the warranty is will not be valid for that car.

Can Anybody who has changed the wheels / tyre comment on this?

Thanks
Technically he could be right.

I had checked with the dealer before changing and he had assured me that it is OK to change as long as it is within the permissible limit.

But we know that, if it comes to a point where you need to challenge Honda (in case if they refuse to honnor the warranty) these 'verbal' words from the dealer will not be good enough. There is a element of risk invloved in changining the tyres.
Old 19th June 2009, 21:09   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by galant View Post
Got a Bold Beige ANHC last Tuesday and the first upgrade was on Rims and Tyres. Thanks to this and various other posts which acted as my guide:
Original ANHC (as we all know) is with steel rims and mine came fitted with Michelin XM1+. As recommended in some other threads, went to BK Tyres (Jitesh is really helpful) and got the following upgrades

Went from stock tyres to Michelin Primacy LC. This deal costed me net Rs 2400 per tyre (Rs 4900 price of Primacy - Rs 2500 price of stock) i.e Rs9600 in total.

Also upgraded from steel rims to Honda alloys (these alloys were imported from Honda Thailand) -> A set of 4 costed me net Rs 16500 (Rs 17500 cost of set of 4 minus Rs250 off on each of the 4 stock rims)

Ofcourse, ride quality and grip has been absolute delight ..will post the pics later in a new thread after all accessories are done.
Hey galant,
I am sure your ride must be looking great. As i am also looking for alloys, could you please share the pics of your alloys. Where did you get them? Does someone import directly from Honda Thailand??
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:19   #75

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Hey all,

My folks bought an ANHC-E a couple of days ago. I was reading the owner's manual and under the 'Tyres' heading, it mentioned that if the wheels are changed to alloys, only Honda alloys should be used and not generic 3rd-party alloys. The reason? " because they [aftermarket alloys] are a universal design, they can cause stress to the suspension"-- or words to that effect.

Is there likely to be any truth in that, or merely a ploy to:

(a) Sell Honda accessories at absurd prices (someone said 11k per alloy?)

(b) Provide an excuse to void warranty if the owner does go in for 3rd-party aftermarket alloys?
Some friends and some Car Sales people tell me that the alignment gets messed with if the Alloys are done from outside. Is that true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks