Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Easiest warranty claims?
Goodyear 2 28.57%
Michelin 0 0%
Bridgestone 2 28.57%
Yokohama 1 14.29%
Pirelli 2 28.57%
Dunlop 0 0%
MRF 0 0%
Continental 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:33   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Best tire warranty? A.S.S

A lot has been said and done about tire damages, sidewall bulges,etc which land up in nothing but arguments with your tire shop and manufacturer's personnel.

Post your experiences on the after sales service of your tires and lets find out which company delivers the most hassle free experience.

After all a tire is meant to provide peace of mind in every way.

Last edited by Sahil : 2nd December 2008 at 12:36.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fortunately, never had the need to claim for any tyres. However, and more relevant to your opening post, isn't after-sales dependant more on your dealer than the tyre brand?
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Had pirellis in my safari and earlier in my gypsy... never had a complain...Ever! Great ride and no sound! Super grip.

Had a problem with dunlop SP9000 once. Damaged sidewall noticed on day 2. Dealer took it back but dunlop refused to exchange it saying that the dealer damaged it during fitment. Dealer exchanged it at his own cost and has stopped selling with dunlop since. This is two years ago and i know the dealer pretty well and he told me that dunlop are the worst when it comes to warrantee issues.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fortunately, never had the need to claim for any tyres. However, and more relevant to your opening post, isn't after-sales dependant more on your dealer than the tyre brand?
From previous threads it seems like most dealers shy away from replacing the tire and claiming any responsibilty on behalf of the company.One has to contact the manufacturer to get his/her claim.
The main reason being the dealers are not empowered enough by most manufacturer to handle claims.Tire companies that do let the dealers take decisions and give prompt replacements would be winners in this poll.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:19   #5
BHPian

My SX4 came fitted with JK Vectra's,at about 2500km the front tyre got burst.My M.A.S.S gave me a new tyre with out any arguments or anything.Dont know whether it was Maruti or JK who replaced it.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:31   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. As dealers we are just the intermediaries. As a special case we may give the replacement even if the company rejects it, but this will be at OUR cost and not the company's cost. If the company rejects a claim, then nothing can be done.

@Sahil --- I would say Falken. Maybe because it is still unknown in the market or whatever, but they are a little too lenient in giving replacements. I have seen so many cases where there is obvious damage to the tyre caused by hitting a pot hole and the company still gives a replacement free of cost!
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
+1

Good dealers will go great lengths to keep customers happy and at times even replace / repair at no cost.

regards

Vaseem
Old 11th December 2008, 16:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Almost all companies are terrible in this department unless they are selling a tyre with the commitment that we'll replace it anyway no matter how it was damaged (Yes, there have been such schemes from companies).
Old 11th December 2008, 17:44   #9
BHPian

Have never managed to convince any tire company to give a claim, even when tires burst with no obvious side wall impact marks. The "warranty" offered by Indian tire companies is useless, from my experience.

If I could buy tires in grey, that would be the best option. At least you don't spend money on a useless warranty.
Old 11th December 2008, 18:36   #10
BANNED

Tyre cos provide warranties for 1 year max. Is that right ?
Old 12th December 2008, 05:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

No, warranty can go up to 3 to 5 years too.
Old 30th December 2008, 11:36   #12
BHPian

Looks like Apollo has been missed out.

I got a claim from Goodyear for my NCT5 without any questions asked. Where as Apollo i had to argue for getting it cleared. Both cases was due to a bulge on the side walls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks