Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 11:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how good is Pirelli P7 tyres? I am looking for 195/55 R 15 for my baleno. I am not looking for high performance tyre,just something which can give decent performance and which stays for long
Old 29th July 2011, 16:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?

are the p7 available in 205/55/16 size in mumbai? anyone know who might have them?

Thanks..
Old 21st November 2011, 18:02   #18

Delhi Tyres @ lamington road currently have them in stock and I was quoted 7500/- for them.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Bring up an old thread as I am considering this tyre for my Superb and can't seem to find many reviews on our forum.

Apparently they are OE fitment on the A6, can some A6 owners comment on the performance of the tyres? I am looking for least road noise and max comfort.

Also, if experts can comment on how these compare to the Michelin 3ST?
Old 15th November 2014, 15:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Bring up an old thread as I am considering this tyre for my Superb and can't seem to find many reviews on our forum.

Apparently they are OE fitment on the A6, can some A6 owners comment on the performance of the tyres? I am looking for least road noise and max comfort.

Sahil - Even i am in the market for tyres and i believe the SUperb and the Line Tjet plus have the same sizes!. Looked at P7 and 3ST and in the same quandary as yours! Where are you shopping for the tyres in Mumbai? I had a visit today to Palm beach road and checked out the tyres and prices there. Let me know what you are considering and what feedback you have recieved!
Old 16th November 2014, 15:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
Sahil - Even i am in the market for tyres and i believe the SUperb and the Line Tjet plus have the same sizes!. Looked at P7 and 3ST and in the same quandary as yours! Where are you shopping for the tyres in Mumbai? I had a visit today to Palm beach road and checked out the tyres and prices there. Let me know what you are considering and what feedback you have recieved!
Sahil / palitrana,

I've used a set of P7s (205/55R16) and found them to be mediocre at best. They do not inspire confidence under cornering or heavy braking and certainly one of the poorer set of tyres I've had.

On the Skoda Superb, I am presently running on a set of Michelin Primacy 3 ST and Yokohama Advan Sports albeit both in sizes other than 205/55R16 but I would certainly say they are both MUCH better than the P7s.
To be specific the sizes are 225/50R17 in the Advan Sport and 215/55R17 in the P3ST.

Despite the sidewall height being similar, I would say that the ride is certainly a lot better and especially with the Advan Sport, the performance close to superlative. No fault can be found in the performance of the P3ST either but its not in the same league as the Advan.
I've found the increased ground clearance to benefit me greatly too.

That said, in the stock size, I would buy the P3ST and not even give any other present day option a thought.
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 22:03   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

225/55R16 for a set of four

Any Recent View of the P7 Cinturato.
Am getting them for 41,500 with Alignment & Balancing?

An better price, the Snapdeal product seems different at it is available for 35,500 for an approx. 38,500 MRP product.

There is a P7 Blue, and a P7 Cinturato All seasons & a P7 Cinturato All Seasons Plus
Difference? Which is available in India?

Vs Michelin P3ST at 49,500 is P7 worth the price?
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
225/55R16 for a set of four

Any Recent View of the P7 Cinturato.
Am getting them for 41,500 with Alignment & Balancing?

An better price, the Snapdeal product seems different at it is available for 35,500 for an approx. 38,500 MRP product.

There is a P7 Blue, and a P7 Cinturato All seasons & a P7 Cinturato All Seasons Plus
Difference? Which is available in India?

Vs Michelin P3ST at 49,500 is P7 worth the price?

Just picked up the 3ST in the same size for my Laura. Spoke to a few friends who are using p7 and all of them said they would be going for Michelin next. The ride has improved considerably and my god these tyres are quiet over a variety of surface. It's just been 400kms but the difference is immediate.

I personally feel the premium may just be well worth it.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 14:27   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Just picked up the 3ST in the same size for my Laura. Spoke to a few friends who are using p7 and all of them said they would be going for Michelin next. The ride has improved considerably and my god these tyres are quiet over a variety of surface. It's just been 400kms but the difference is immediate.

I personally feel the premium may just be well worth it.

Rohan
Took a different Path

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...thread-10.html

Went in for Pirelli P7 Cinturanto 225/55 - R16 W99 XL - Extra Load Tyres.

Am very satisfied, 41,500 for a set of 4 including Alignment & Balancing & weights.

My view - I did try out other options only in the front.
Sound - Very quite - 9/10
Comfort - Quite comfortable - 8/10 - XL Tyres (Extra Load) have to be run at higher air pressure and have stronger and stiffer side walls relatively, so cannot be a 9/10.
Grip - 9/10
Braking - 9/10
Drive - 9/10 - Fun to corner
Economy - 9/10 - Obviously compared to any 205/55 - R16 FE will be lower by about 5% - Initial trends are point towards this - not more than 10% lower at the max through. The Thing is I am now tempted to drive even more aggressively for the fun of it and that does take it's toll, I think in time I will get back to my normal self when the novelty of the new tyres wear off on me.

These presently feel as perfect as can be for my application, there is no noticeable loss of power either but do note mine is the 1.5p AT Ecosport variant with the DSG type of gearbox.

I would have gone for Michelins as the second options or maybe even first (purely to play safe) if priced identical or close. The CPC2 was my third preference as they were V rated vs W of the other two.

The look of the Pirellis was in my view the best followed by the Continentals. CPC2

Pricing and other details below.

LHS if Pirelli, Middle is CPC2 Continental & RHS is Michelin
Attached Thumbnails
Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-22555r16w99xl.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-options.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-tyres-prices.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-22555r16-front-angled1.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-22555r16w99xl.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-22555r16-front-angled1.jpg  

ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 15:13   #25
BHPian

I use a 205/55 R16 P7 cinturato for the part 30000 kms.

I really love them. There is very little road noise and grip levels are good compared to the OEM Goodyear NCT's.

Thread wear is moderate after 30000 kms, it gives good grip and marginal increase in road noise.

The only problem i faced is a bubble in the sidewall. But, I continued to use them for another 10000 odd kms, just to check if it holds. It did, but I changed the weaker tyre last month as I was fed up of the restrained driving.

Replaced it with a P7 again.
Old 25th July 2015, 18:42   #26
BHPian

Have recently got Pirelli p7 tyres in 205-55 R16 for my recently purchased 2007 skoda superb 2.8 v6 petrol. I am already using michelin P3ST on my honda city from 10k kms, thoroughly impressed with them and don't really have anything to complain about. When looking at options for superb I almost decided on michelin P3ST in the stock size which is around 9400 per tyre. But after going to tyre shop (ASHOKA WHEELS, HYDERABAD) got to know that there is a deal going on pirelli tyres after which the price per set came close to Rs 29,000 per set of 4 including wheel alignment and balancing. After checking reviews available on the team bhp and speaking to couple of users of pirelli p7 which turned out to be positive, finalised them. So in the end me and my friend(who has got new 16"inch alloys on his civic) chose the pirelli p7 considering price difference over the Michelin P3ST.

Done close to 400 kms after the tyre change, the initial impressions are same as what i have after changing the tyres to michelin P3ST on honda city. The tyres are silent, comfort oriented and the steering feel is more or less the same as before. At Rs 29,0000 per set these tyres are VFM. The manufacturing date of tyres are in 4th and 5th week of 2015 which I think is good enough.

Will be able to comment more after piling up few thousand kilometres
Attaching some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-img_7119.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-img_7118-1.jpg  

Has anybody used Pirelli P7 tyres?-img_7111-1.jpg  

Old 9th January 2016, 14:02   #27
BHPian

Hey! I looking to change tyres on my BMW X1 & i'm sticking to RFT.
The choices i have are Pirelli Cinturato p7 & Continental .
Anybody has experience to compare between the two.
Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 11:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have used these in my sonata and my superb ( 225/55/16). Fantastic tyres. Low noise, improved comfort, good dry grip and strong sidewall. Covered over 1,00,000 kms on 2 sets. Just got them put in my innova also. ( 205/65/15). Nothing but good things to say about the product.

Last edited by bigron : 10th January 2016 at 11:36.
Old 5th January 2020, 00:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post

Done close to 400 kms after the tyre change, the initial impressions are same as what i have after changing the tyres to michelin P3ST on honda city. The tyres are silent, comfort oriented and the steering feel is more or less the same as before. At Rs 29,0000 per set these tyres are VFM. The manufacturing date of tyres are in 4th and 5th week of 2015 which I think is good enough.

Will be able to comment more after piling up few thousand kilometres
Attaching some pics
Hi Harsha, reviving an old thread.
How were the tyres on the loan run? How many kms did you do with these P7s? Did the comfort and noise levels remained more or less same in the long run? Please share your experience. Looking for changing my Octavia 2.0 OEM tyres. Confused between P4 ST's and Perfinza and now added Pirelli to the list as the Skoda showroom offered a deal at 8.5k on P7s.
Old 5th January 2020, 09:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Hi Harsha, reviving an old thread.
How were the tyres on the loan run? How many kms did you do with these P7s? Did the comfort and noise levels remained more or less same in the long run? Please share your experience. Looking for changing my Octavia 2.0 OEM tyres. Confused between P4 ST's and Perfinza and now added Pirelli to the list as the Skoda showroom offered a deal at 8.5k on P7s.
Hi,

The tyres we're good for my purpose. Silent, comfort and reliable. They lasted around 40,000 kilometres on superb(90% highway driving). Have again chosen pirellis on whom we have done again 30,000 kilometres till date. So in total having approximately 70,000 kilometres on pirellis, will recommend them. However if your priority is hard driving/spirited driving, I am not sure how they are going to behave. For regular highway driving with good speeds these tyres are perfect and complement the skodas.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed