Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:36   #241
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
Folks I need advise on replacing my current set of tyres. I am driving a Fiat Line Emotion MJD 2012 make and its time to replace the shoes. The present setup is GoodYear 205/60-R16 and I am getting a good deal on Yokohama Earth 205/65 R16. I need your opinion on whether I can go ahead with 65 profile and if yes, what advantage/disadvantage I am looking at? Also, any quick review on the tyre?
Anybody who can share their inputs?
Old 15th February 2023, 13:30   #242
BHPian

Hi everyone. My friend owns a T-Jet 114 PS Emotion pre facelift model. All 4 of the stock 16 inch alloys are bent and there was no remedy to rectify them. His tyres are also due for a change, so we started to search for 15 inch Linea steel rims (hoping they would fit our T Jet). This is because he does not intend to put more money into it, than absolutely required. But due to the strange bolt pattern/ rim specifications, we were not able to find them anywhere in the local shops. The Fiat SVC also said the 15 inch steel rims were out of stock and can be back ordered at around 6.5K a piece. This is the same case with 99rmp.com - https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/steel-wheel-15-linea.html
We felt this was outrageous, and searched Boodmo. We found a listing for a 15 inch steel rim at 1.2K per piece and placed an order for 4 rims almost 20 days ago.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-51830703-20748328/. Order status is still 'processing' and no help from Boodmo customer care as well.
Kindly suggest what options do we have, mostly in the 15 inch segment, as i find the tyres to be cheaper and might help in the ride quality as well. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by Rohit_Quad : 15th February 2023 at 13:54.
Old 15th February 2023, 13:49   #243
BHPian

Hi, downgrading to 15 Inch Alloys or steel wheels is not a problem. But the thing is with fiat is that you need to go for 4 bolt 98 PCD specification or simply what is referred to as 4x98 pattern.

Unless you get this any other regular 15 inch rim will lead to problems unless you find 15 inch 4x100 wheels ( alloy or steel) and then find yourself the right wobble bolts (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...s-reality.html (PCD Variation Bolts (aka Wobble Bolts) - Myth versus Reality)).

I would recommend going the used options. Or you can check with someone like this - https://www.olx.in/profile/110796625.

Your friend ideally can try the 15 inch punto evo alloy wheels, and with the increased tyre profile you need not worry about the bent rims. -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...w-img_5514.jpg
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 15:20   #244
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the info Sai. We will definitely look into the punto evo rims, if we do not find anything else. In the mean time, Boodmo has come back with an update and said the steel rims will arrive around 22nd. Will update here if and when those rims show up.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 14:37   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Thanks a lot for the info Sai. We will definitely look into the punto evo rims, if we do not find anything else. In the mean time, Boodmo has come back with an update and said the steel rims will arrive around 22nd. Will update here if and when those rims show up.
Can you please let me know if you got the wheels?. I am looking to go for 15 inch steel wheels for my Punto Evo, which came with 16 inch wheels. The alloys are bent and it has hampered the high speed dynamics. Can you please let me know if Linea 15 inch steel wheels is a direct fit for Punto. Please share the link. I too see availability for 1123/- INR per piece on boodmo. Please let me know your experience. Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 17:58   #246
BHPian

@torqueaddict - My friend ended up getting new alloys and did not take the steel rim route. I will gather more info if you are looking for alloys as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks