Team-BHP - Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/52046-fiat-linea-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread.html)

hi guys i will be getting my linea on monday and would like to upgrade its 195/60/r15 stock tires to 205/65/r15 will there be any problems for this ...can you suggest other options as i want to go one size bigger and better rubber than stock tires ....my prefrence is for Michlin XM1...thanks.please:

Its not advisable to go wider and increase the profile too. Stick with the same profile if you want 205. Ideally the best upsize would be 215/55R15. Will give you loads of grip and comfort won't be hampered as sidewall size remains almost the same.

I've been keeping this as a thumb rule of upsize of late: Go two steps up on the width and one lower on the profile....@Iraghava: Fool proof way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancity (Post 1132183)
hi guys i will be getting my linea on monday and would like to upgrade its 195/60/r15 stock tires to 205/65/r15 will there be any problems for this ...can you suggest other options as i want to go one size bigger and better rubber than stock tires ....my prefrence is for Michlin XM1...thanks.please:

Trying to mount Innova tyres on the Linea?
I'd rather stick to your current size and get better rubber.
Or 205/55/R15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1132249)
Its not advisable to go wider and increase the profile too. Stick with the same profile if you want 205. Ideally the best upsize would be 215/55R15. Will give you loads of grip and comfort won't be hampered as sidewall size remains almost the same.

I've been keeping this as a thumb rule of upsize of late: Go two steps up on the width and one lower on the profile....@Iraghava: Fool proof way?

the only problem with that is that the linea isnt a very powerful engine and 215s could slow the car down a bit.

id say 205/55 r15 would be fine.

205/55 would be the ideal upsize, As Akshay rightly said 215 would be an overkill

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1132376)
205/55 would be the ideal upsize, As Akshay rightly said 215 would be an overkill

And you can go for the S-Drives, Maxxis MZ-21 or even the Michelin PP2s.

Ideal sizes would be 205/55 R15, 205/60 R15 or 215/55 R15. But as Akshay/Manan mentioned, 215 width would be overkill for the 90 bhp engine already burdened with a relatively heavy car. Don't load it up further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1132249)

As a rough calculation thumb rule, that's pretty good. However, the best way is to use a Tyre Size calculator. Do let me know if you want one, I'll PM it across.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1132589)

As a rough calculation thumb rule, that's pretty good. However, the best way is to use a Tyre Size calculator. Do let me know if you want one, I'll PM it across.

Yes that would be great, please PM it across. I have used some online links in the past for calculation.

Is there a calculator to see how much load an upsize exactly would put on the car? Lets say he puts 215 on the linea, how much time would he loose out to 100km/hr and also how many kmpl would his mileage drop. If there is someway to figure that out it would be helpful.

Oh my my! barely 2 days that the Linea is launched and folks have started upsizing as well! Way to go. And, congrats for your new car.

@IR: Could you please PM the tire calculator to me as well?

OT: Linea ICEd! thread coming soon by our fellow friends!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1132601)
Is there a calculator to see how much load an upsize exactly would put on the car? Lets say he puts 215 on the linea, how much time would he loose out to 100km/hr and also how many kmpl would his mileage drop. If there is someway to figure that out it would be helpful.

Not really, for that we have to use guess work & experience with these things comes in handy.

I would suggest you stick to the same dimensions and get better rubber say XM1

Here is the link that will suggest the right upgrade size.

Tire size calculator

Quote:

Ideal sizes would be 205/55 R15, 205/60 R15 or 215/55 R15. But as Akshay/Manan mentioned, 215 width would be overkill for the 90 bhp engine already burdened with a relatively heavy car. Don't load it up further.

hi ishaan can you forward me the tire calculator please?..thanks,paddy.

Quote:

Ideal sizes would be 205/55 R15, 205/60 R15 or 215/55 R15. .

Upgrading to 205/60 R15 will result in 2 cm increase in the overall dia of the tyre. Is it advisable considering it will result in speedo and odometer errors. also, what will be the impact on the handling and perormance? Theoritically there will be, but in real life what is the extent of this impact?

well its a simple calculation:
195 x .60 x 2 = 234
25.4 x 15 = 381
i.e 234 + 381 = 615 overall diameter.

Technical its better to stick to same overall diamter.
So ideally its better off if u stick to 205/55/r15
Why ?
205 x .55 x 2 = 225.5
25.4 x 15 = 381
I.e. 225.5 + 381 = 606.5 overall diameter