Team-BHP - Am simply lucky or superstitious with my Vectras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Am simply lucky or superstitious with my Vectras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/53335-am-simply-lucky-superstitious-my-vectras.html)

My Dzire ZDI came with 180/70 R 14 JK Vectras with factory fitted alloys.
From starting days it is lacking grip, skidding on sand, sleeping on mud, even skidding under braking despite having ABS so I was sure to change those to MICHELIN XM1+ with same size.
Anyway I always did alignment and balancing and rotation at every 5000 KM. My brother owns a tyre alignment center and gives me the service free.
One of the tyres had little sidewal bulged, got that replaced under warranty with Rs 500 for the usage measured through tread at the time of exchange to tread of new tyre.
Went to tyre dealers several times and was getting 60% - 70% residual value for the exchange. That means around Rs. 10000 for 4 tyres to be exchanged.
But now the dilemma
I haven’t got any single puncture in 12000 Km (6 months) with my regular drive.
Just for reference
My wife’s santro had good year GPS2 and now on yokohama A-drive.
My OCTY had seen dunlops (OE), Bridgestone GIIIs, and now Good Year Ducaros,
My brother’s alto has JK(OE)
All of them has experienced one puncture per month on average on the same terrain and YOKO’s the worst among them. Experiencing two per month.
I am thinking that vectra’s are real puncture resistant.
Any comments or experience on this regard?
please:

well the vectras will probably be of a much harder compound than say the yokos. due to this they will last longer and give you less grip, stiffer ride and probably be more puncture resistant. of course you may have also been lucky.

That's why I started this thread. I want to know experiences for bhpians using YOKOs, Michelins, Vectras in terms of puncture. Now a days if I have to go for drive in the night and especially if many things depends on the on time reaching to the destination I take only the dzire. If somebody in the family takes out the dzire and I have to take the santro or alto or OCTY I always feel so tensed and nervous that any minute some tire will go flat. And it's hard to realise the flat if it happens on rear tires and I am driving alone and on more than one ocassions I have ruined the tire ( in case of alto the tube) and landed in Rs 3500 to Rs 4000 expenditure apart from time spent, tiredness and consequences of not making it in time.
I really need more grip, better ride, more comfort, less noise but can't loose the peace of mind I am enjoying (which may be false...that's why need to quantify/factify the same).
Please share your experiences.

you do know that in tubeless tyres it takes quite a while sometimes even days for the air to come out so i wouldnt really worry about a puncture if i were you. just get it repaired the next day if you find that the pressure is getting lower. if you have tube tyres its a different story.

I have been using Michelin XM1's for close to 2 years now. I maybe had 2 punctures but both were big nails, which even the tyres with the hardest compound cannot prevent. I guess, you were plain lucky with your Vectras.
On a different note, one puncture a month, do you pass by a bed of thorns??