Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 21:12   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Did you check Tyre pressure? I do find them nosier if pressure is above 45psi (which of-course is high, but sometime fault pumps, tire shop gauge you can't help it)! Do you feel noise when you keep around 30 PSI?

Other suggestion, do a wheel balancing may be that may also contribute.
Did a wheel balancing last weekend. The air pressure is 32 PSI. Maybe noise increases with the age
Old 7th July 2010, 08:57   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Did a wheel balancing last weekend. The air pressure is 32 PSI. Maybe noise increases with the age
Yes with age noise increases, but 5K isn't bigger number, unless you drive less. As mentioned else where in the forum, tyre rubber tend to harden if not run regularly.

About pressure, get it checked in different places. When I got my car recently, the service guy had put 30 PSI for all 4 tires in front of me. I found too much of noise inside cabin. Went straight to my regualr petrol bunk, pressure was 55 PSI and more in all 4 tires Now who would have though the guy would have faulty gauge. So it is always better to go many places to double check!
Old 7th July 2010, 10:36   #273
BHPian

Just got back from a Blr-Mas-Blr drive. The A drives (185/70 R14) handle well at higher speeds (110-130kph). Those familiar with the Hosur Rd to Chennai will remember the long curves on this highway. I used to always downshift before entering a curve. With the A Drives, I do not have to do that anymore. The drive is now more enjoyable and I do not have to focus on what my tyres are doing all the time.
Overall, I'm happy with these tyres. I have not been able to test high speed performance in the rains yet. Any feedback on that?
Edit: In my opinion, it is always better to downshift before entering a curve no matter how good your tyres are. But I did have a lot of fun just turning into curves without having to worry about ending up in the fields.

Last edited by Roy.S : 7th July 2010 at 10:39.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:59   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Here is the update - the tyres are named "ASPEC" and are H rated 210 kmph?! Treadwear Indicator says 300; Traction 'A' and Temperature 'A'.

Compared to S322s, there is a definite improvement.
Back after a 2800 kms drive over 15 days. (95% highway. Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Honavar-Jog Falls-Udupi-Karkala-Mangalore-Calicut-Waynad-Mysore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Hubli-Pune).

These are my impressions -
a. Tyres are silent and ride is plush on NH4 - much better / improved than S322

b. Braking - definite improvement. Can 'feel' the brake bite. No fuss / drama from the tyres, even during screeching halts!

c. Handling - drove in heavy downpours - no problems. In fact, I was thinking that the 'heavy' feel of S322s was a 'plus' factor in rains - it turns out that the lighter feel of the Yokos is much more comfortable and re-assuring.

Only one negative factor - in corners the S322s were much more sure footed; on A300s the car's tail loses its line ever so slightly. 80 was the max I could do in curves on the highway with confidence. (Beyond this, I involuntarily went for the brakes as I felt that car didn't track true. Had done some fast curves on S322s - but that was on the e-way)

Not much difference in mileage - nearly same at about 16+ (almost four tankfuls)

Overall, I am very satisfied.
Old 7th July 2010, 21:42   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Yes with age noise increases, but 5K isn't bigger number, unless you drive less. As mentioned else where in the forum, tyre rubber tend to harden if not run regularly.

About pressure, get it checked in different places. When I got my car recently, the service guy had put 30 PSI for all 4 tires in front of me. I found too much of noise inside cabin. Went straight to my regualr petrol bunk, pressure was 55 PSI and more in all 4 tires Now who would have though the guy would have faulty gauge. So it is always better to go many places to double check!
Tyre is only 6 months old. And i always fill air from same place. Let me see how thing goes in the coming weeks
Old 13th July 2010, 16:45   #276
BHPian

Tyre Point near Sacred Heart Town, Pune has quoted Rs.3050 for Yoko's A drives, 175/70/13 for my Palio. I think he said AA022 tyre spec or something. Can anyone confirm this pls?
Old 13th July 2010, 16:58   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Tyre Point near Sacred Heart Town, Pune has quoted Rs.3050 for Yoko's A drives, 175/70/13 for my Palio. I think he said AA022 tyre spec or something. Can anyone confirm this pls?
I paid Rs. 3,000/- for 165/80 R13 Yoko - Aspec - A300, about a month back. Purchased it from Sangoi Tyres, Shivajinagar. See my posts (#247 and #257, I think)

But, I heard that tyre prices have increased between 5 ~ 8% in July.

Sukiwa told that Lokmanya Tyres, Karve Road gave him a good deal on Yokos for his Santro.

I found the A300 upto be better than S322 of Bridgestones, which were OE
Old 13th July 2010, 17:12   #278
BHPian

Yep, prices are up! I don't mind paying 3050 for each tire. Was not sure about the tyre pattern & performance.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:18   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep, prices are up! I don't mind paying 3050 for each tire. Was not sure about the tyre pattern & performance.
Did you go through my posts? I have posted some pictures as well

What are the other brands you looked at? I see now there are increasing number of 'Apollo' tyres - their unidirectional tyres look great! Think they should priced at par with Yokohama.
Old 13th July 2010, 18:10   #280
BHPian

Will probably look at Apollo tyres too. But I am more inclined towards the Yoko's. Hopefully the A022's are good. I just saw the reviews & pics & I like what I see.
Old 13th July 2010, 18:16   #281
BHPian

I am having Tata manza, with 15' rim, which tyre should I go for(Upsizing)

Sorry to have used this thread for my query.
Old 13th July 2010, 18:29   #282
Senior - BHPian

A couple of tips from my experience...

Quote:
Will probably look at Apollo tyres too. But I am more inclined towards the Yoko's. Hopefully the A022's are good. I just saw the reviews & pics & I like what I see.
All the best for your new shoes!

Here are a few points, which may prove to be useful (since the car in question is a Palio)

a. If you are using tubed type tyres now, check the conditions of the rim first. Especially for rusting and bends.
b. Palio manual says only 4 tyre rotation - which I was strictly following (without any issues/problem). So kept the best tyre as a spare and purchased only 4 new ones.
c. Dealer says tyre compound of S322's and A300's are different (something like carbon black vs. silica mix) and A300s are softer. Very true.
d. Standard size (OE) of Palio = 165/80. Found 185/70 to be nearest fit (not much difference in odo readouts). 175/70 seems to smaller - compare with old tyres before fitting. Between 165/80 and 185/70 the difference was minimal.
Old 13th July 2010, 18:42   #283
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs sir.
a) I am using Bridgestones (tubeless) at the moment. I got the bends corrected recently.
b) I am purchasing only 4 tyres, I haven't touched the spare yet...thankgod.
c) The dealer said the A022 has a softer compound, which is good for the way I drive, & considering I am going to Goa day after :o)
d) The tyre size is what confused me, I am not sure what to fit. I visibly like the tyres to look broad & bulky. Dealer says 175/70/13 should fit fine. I am not sure how 185/70 would turn out to be.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:07   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs sir.

d) The tyre size is what confused me, I am not sure what to fit. I visibly like the tyres to look broad & bulky. Dealer says 175/70/13 should fit fine. I am not sure how 185/70 would turn out to be.
You are welcome, mb_jg. 175/70 R 13 should appear smaller going by the specifications. 165/80 was of course broader, but visibly 185/70 seem to be better. Have no problems with the ride quality or the speed breakers, so far...
Old 13th July 2010, 19:58   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
You are welcome, mb_jg. 175/70 R 13 should appear smaller going by the specifications. 165/80 was of course broader, but visibly 185/70 seem to be better. Have no problems with the ride quality or the speed breakers, so far...
Shouldn't the 175 be broader than the 165? Or am I reading the specs incorrectly!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks