Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 13:20   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
@Nikhil,
why is C.Drive not as popular as A.Drive in India
IMO the possible reasons
- C drive was 1st launched only in one size i.e 225/60-15, a size which doesn't sell much.
- By the time, C drives was launched in other sizes, A drives had already started selling well in 13" 14" 15" sizes.

From customer's perspective
- C drives look thinner than A drives
- C drive is costlier.
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:47   #377
BHPian

This is exactly what I was looking for. Have been looking for new tyres for my Esteem Vxi for sometime now.

today had to visit a tyre shop as one of my rears picked up a nail. The shop stocked Bridgestone, Michelin, Good Year and Yokohamas.

All of them had the stock size needed (175/70 R13).

The prices as far as my memory recalls were

Yokohamas A Drive: 2800/-
Bridgestone ER60 I think: 3700/-
Micheline: 3850/-
Good Year: 3400/-

All approximate figures.

The guy there said, my tyres have about 4-5k kms in them. So maybe I will get new ones once I get my salary end of this month. Till then would love to hear suggestions. I am interested in the Yokos for the reviews I have read so far and yes the price too. Suggestions?

PS: The guy also said, he can get Pirelis if I am interested. They are on order only. I cannot see the pattern or anything, just order it and he would get it for me. Is Pireli worth it? I don't remember the price he mentioned, but was at par with others.
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:28   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
IMO the possible reasons
- C drive was 1st launched only in one size i.e 225/60-15, a size which doesn't sell much.
- By the time, C drives was launched in other sizes, A drives had already started selling well in 13" 14" 15" sizes.

From customer's perspective
- C drives look thinner than A drives
- C drive is costlier.
You bring out some very valid points. Even the C.Drive I have is the one that was launched first (225/60R15). I recently helped a friend upgrade his Honda City (NHC ZXI) from 185/60R14 Bridgestone Potenza GIII to 185/65R14 Yoko C.Drives. He Initially wanted to buy Michelins Energy XM1+ in the same size (had seen the XM1 in my Baleno) but lack of stock at the dealer and a bit of persuasion from me made him buy these.

Well the tires are a revelation. Excellant grip and the ride is so so much better than the GIII that he was running. Road noise is down mayne 90% or so. To be fair to the Potenzas they were a lower profile (60) and tire noise grows as miles pile up.

We all knew that this was a slightly different upsize, 185/60R14 is closer to the OE dia (175/65R14) but now my friend is very happy with the additional few mm of GC he got as the car does not scrape anymore on the parking ramp in his bldg.
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:46   #379
BHPian

Here is a small story. I took my Ritz for a family event and it was a drive of around 550 kms. It was on a nice NH4 highway. It was decent enough road to large extent I was cruising at a decent 60-70-80 speeds. Suddenly I went on a big pothole and I heard huge noise from my rear tyre. One of my alloy wheel had given up with a 4 inch crack on it . I seem to have hit the edge of the pothole and the sidewalls of the tyre had slided with the wall of pothole. The edge of the pothole which might have had a hard stone which might have hit the alloy. However the tyre seem to be in excellent condition! I am happy to have invested in A-drives. But I am now in trouble to find a replacement for the damaged alloy. I checked with few dealers and the repair of alloy is 2000 bugs and they are not willing to sell 1 alloy
Old 1st December 2010, 18:04   #380
BHPian

I upgraded my i10 tyres and wheels to HRS Alloys and Yokohoma A Drive 175/75/R13 from 155/80/R13. The road grip is excellent compared to stock tyres. The ride quality is not as good as I expected. It is still bumpy.
My main concern was the steering behavior with wider tyres. To my pleasant surprise, the steering became slightly lighter compared to earlier. This was my (wife's) one of the main requirements and I'm satisfied with the upgrade.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:04   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
I upgraded my i10 tyres and wheels to HRS Alloys and Yokohoma A Drive 175/75/R13 from 155/80/R13. The road grip is excellent compared to stock tyres. The ride quality is not as good as I expected. It is still bumpy.
Check the tyre pressure. A drive with recommended pressure give best comfort that is possible. On the other hand I have noticed you can drive with around 5 PSI+ with little discomfort (mainly on concrete roads), with better mileage.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:21   #382
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yokohama A-Drive Reviews

After much deliberation, finally stayed loyal to Yokohama and A-Drives. Had been very impressed with the A-drives in my Indica for the last 2 years.

Yesterday bought A-Drives in 195/60 R14 size for my Verna. Detailed report in my ownership thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2179445
Old 20th January 2011, 11:45   #383
BHPian

Finally took the plunge after 58k kms with my Bridgestones

Picked up Yoko A drives from Madhus for the ride.

Initial differences aren't too many but would still like to document it

1. Tyre looks thin compared to the earlier Bridgestones. Feedback received was that the patter may be the reason for the same.
2. With the earlier Bridgestones the occupants would know when I went over the cats eye which isn't case now

Will update the experience as I log more miles with the tyres
Old 13th March 2011, 19:56   #384
BHPian

Yokohama A-Drive Reviews - 2000km update

Dear BHPians,

My Yoko's have covered close to 2000 kms since the change and wanted to provide feedback that may be useful

1. Braking has been very good
2. Comfort has been better than the old Bridgestone's
3. Mileage is pretty much similar

All of this has been only based on City Driving (well considering the fact that all Bangalore is dug up like the folks from BBMP are on a serious treasure hunt)

Cheers
Old 13th March 2011, 20:01   #385
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yokohama A-Drive Reviews - 2000km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians,

My Yoko's have covered close to 2000 kms since the change and wanted to provide feedback that may be useful

1. Braking has been very good
2. Comfort has been better than the old Bridgestone's
3. Mileage is pretty much similar

All of this has been only based on City Driving (well considering the fact that all Bangalore is dug up like the folks from BBMP are on a serious treasure hunt)

Cheers
How is the tyre noise compared to Bridgestone's?
i am looking forward to these,for my next change
Old 4th April 2011, 19:00   #386
BHPian

Re: Yokohama A-Drive Reviews - 2000km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
How is the tyre noise compared to Bridgestone's?
i am looking forward to these,for my next change
Akshay sorry for the delayed response. I had to take a care for a long drive to comment on the tyre noise.

Tyre noise is better than the OEM Bridgestone's but noise DOES exist

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 20th April 2011, 14:43   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Dont worry

Many times the puncture is very small and will be detected the second time round when the technician looks harder.

Apart from this, it could be a faulty valve. The valve pin could also be problematic. If it's the valve pin, dont worry. It's a 30 sec job. And usually it's free. If it's the leaking valve/tubeless neck, it's still simple. Take out the tyre, remove the tyre from the rim, cut the neck from inside, put in a new neck and fit the tyre again. You're good to go.

If it's a bent rim, not much you can do except beat the rim into shape if it's a steel wheel. If it's an alloy wheel, then it's a problem.
@NikhilB2008 - I am planning for new set of tyres for the AVEO - 185/60 R14.
HAve narrowed down to 2 tyres - YOKOHOMA A drves and the Bridgestone - ER300 Turanza.

Which of the above is good tyre.. in terms of cabin noise, comfort and drive on OK sort of roads.

A quick reply would be very useful.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:00   #388
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best A-Drive or S-Drive; car(Punto) will do long lot of run and needs mileage. Need 205/60 R15.

Do advise.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:32   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
HAve narrowed down to 2 tyres - YOKOHOMA A drves and the Bridgestone - ER300 Turanza.

Which of the above is good tyre.. in terms of cabin noise, comfort and drive on OK sort of roads.

Yokohama C drives 185/60-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Which is the best A-Drive or S-Drive; car(Punto) will do long lot of run and needs mileage. Need 205/60 R15.

Do advise.
S drives are not available in that size.
Only A drives/ ES100 and V550
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 19:02   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post

IT's not an early reply but KPzen has echoed my thoughts!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks