Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 19:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Good going, Congrats!! I have a suggestion. Visit Michellin website and note down tyre dealer's address. Visit personally to check If tyre is available. Check tyre mfg dates and condition of the tyre in and out and decide.

You can go to dealer based on what Michellin recommands, but don't buy 1 year old tyre. Max 6 to 8 month old is better deal always.

The reason why they said you can buy upto 3 years old tyre is because warranty hold good upto 3 years and it is there in their website.

Its very difficult to trust any dealers who desperately want to push sales and clear the stock. Check all 5 tyre, take your own time, don't rush even if it is Michellin recomanded shop After all CEO and others are also humans so chances making mistakes is possible anytime.

I had few bad experience in the past but what I do is at first hand avoid such bad experience or forget such events and make sure next time I won't do same mistake!!

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I am making this point based on my experience with this kind of people, last couple of years I noticed most of them do the wrong business because of less profit they make. So its not totally dealer's fault, even they have to survive. But we need to be careful which is better than cursing them after bad experience.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
This afternoon I got a call from the CEO Michelin India, Mr Jean Paul Caylar.
..... I then accepted his proposal.

Good show, Dushyant.
All's well that ends well.

Cheers.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
I made a proposal to change all 5 tyres free of cost which they declined. I went back to my initial proposal of Rs 5000 (not to be paid to me but to be given to a charity) and booked as training cost. Mr Caylar expressed his inability to do so. I then accepted his proposal.
ROFLMAO
Just because the CEO called - you thought he might give you the stuff for free... not since he'd have known by now that you are on tbhp & every other member is gonna ask 5 free tyres from the CEO. Maybe If you had asked for some discount he could have given you.

Anyways - I am happy that it ended quite well for you... all the best!
Old 4th March 2009, 20:51   #64
Senior - BHPian

Nice ending. Am actually impressed by Michelin's dealing of this situation. Not every established brand take so much pain. So finally you are happy Dushyant and thats what matters
Old 4th March 2009, 21:18   #65
BHPian

Hey, i am really happy for you....

Even if you didnt get the free tyres, atleast there's a higher chance that things at Michelin will be sorted out and all thanks to you.

Well Done and enjoy the drive and new tyres.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:

This afternoon I got a call from the CEO Michelin India, Mr Jean Paul Caylar. He had gone through the communication. He wanted to hear it out once again from me (maybe he thought it will help me get over it).
If a company's CEO actually calls a retail customer to solve a query, I surely want to buy shares in that company.

Most complaints to corporates just get an automated reply and nothing happens. Have seen it at ICICI, Vodafone, BPL and a lot of other companies.

Congrats dushmish, even though you didn't get the freebies, I am sure you brought to attention to the company that such behaviour will not be tolerated and hopefully it looks like your actions will maybe in the future will bring about a change.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:32   #67
BHPian

Thanks fellas! Shall let you all know where do I pick up the tyres and how does the experience go now.

Am looking forward to the weekend to get the binoculars. Planning to buy an Olympus and trust me, I have no intentions of talking to the CEO of Olympus! LOL
Old 4th March 2009, 22:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Good that Michelin took your case seriously & finally CEO intervened to sort it out.

But, asking for free tyres was too much, maybe you could have asked for some discount.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice ending. Am actually impressed by Michelin's dealing of this situation. Not every established brand take so much pain. So finally you are happy Dushyant and thats what matters
+1 to that. I am impressed by the response from and speed with which Michelin acted. My next set of treads are prolly gonna be Michelins now! (based solely on this episode).

Quote:
Thanks fellas! Shall let you all know where do I pick up the tyres and how does the experience go now.

Am looking forward to the weekend to get the binoculars. Planning to buy an Olympus and trust me, I have no intentions of talking to the CEO of Olympus! LOL
Congrats Dushyant on the good resolution of a crappy situation. Trust me, not too many corporations would have acted with the speed or in the manner that Michelin did.

Cheers,
Old 4th March 2009, 22:51   #70
Team-BHP Support

Great going dushyant. Well done. Please do post pics of the tyres...........and the binoculars
Old 4th March 2009, 23:14   #71
BANNED

Dushyant, before I chime in with my 2 cents, congratulations.

looking at the communication, I personally dont feel that Michelin were being apologetic about the incident. they were simply trying to wash their hands off the whole mess. only when you refused to take that did they escalate things.

however, Dushyant, once you had the CEO on line - and well before that - you should have adopted a more dignified and terrifying [to Michelin] stance about this incident. one thing is for certain... nobody gives away free stuff even if the mistake is theirs. if I were in your shoes, I would have demanded the following:
1. Tarini's resignation [and if possible, his head] on a plate
2. that the 'preferred partner' status of whatever outlet be revoked

these demands would have really stuck a poker in them. free alignment and balancing?? what a joke! after all the time and energy you wasted, all they did was do what they should have done in the very first place, which is to be professional. instead, all you got was free alignment and balancing. both of which cost a maximum of 500 bucks combined.
so, Michelin effectively got rid of this issue for 500 bucks. that looks awful cheap to me.

I have a gut feel that most corporations look at customers in terms of numbers and believe that customers are there to be had and can be easily suckered into buying stuff with the bait of a DISCOUNT and a WARRANTY.
most of us humor them by actually taking this bait. they discount stuff that's overpriced or old stock. and warranty on tires and wheels is a joke and can very very rarely be claimed. the only time you will know a tire is bad is after it has failed on you by tearing and then, that will promptly be dismissed as 'negligent driving'. similarly wheels. the only manufacturing defect in a wheel can be found by an X-ray scan. how many places offer you an X-ray scan? a defective wheel will break and that will be dismissed similarly.

see, my point is that your time and dignity is worth much more than an alignment and a balancing job. you did not need the Michelin CEO to ensure you got a set of good tires. any decent tire shop that cares about customers would have sourced them for you.

it's high time we stopped being mere numbers in these corporations' books and put the fear of god, competition and most importantly, us in their thick skulls.
Old 6th March 2009, 16:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wise decision, dushmish. Good that you did not change your decision about the tyres too. We cannot let one sod of a dealer to change our plans. Good going.
Old 6th March 2009, 16:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I replaced my Getz' tyres with Michelin XM1+ about six months back, from BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar. This shop was recommended by Ishan. I gave them his reference and they treated me really well. I was shown the tyres, packed in immaculate condition and only after that they replaced them. Team-BHP ki jai ho :-)

\N
I also had a great experience with BK Tyres here in 3/2008. Brand new tyres done in 1 hour alongwith wheel balancing, etc. Right now, my office in Sec 16 NOIDA is located 50 metres from both Bridgestone and Michelin dealers (ABN?)
Old 6th March 2009, 17:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
But, asking for free tyres was too much, maybe you could have asked for some discount.
Well, nothing wrong in asking for it.
As a kannada proverb goes :
Try pulling a mountain with your hair, either you get a mountain or at the most you loose your hair.
Old 6th March 2009, 17:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

Spent around 45 minutes reading through this thread again. Congrats that the issue is resolved.
All's well that ends well.

And I don't think Olympus has a CEO in India!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks