Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 16:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

One can also get it done at Adarsh Petrol Pump, at vile parle east, near Sahara star hotel signal or at BP pump at juhu, near chandan. The one in parle charges 30 per tyre and the one at juhu 25 per tyre i suppose.
I have been using nitrogen in my fabia from 5000kms onwards so far driven 28000kms. Must say it has made a difference in ride. It's more softer, smoother ride than the normal compressed air I had. the Sharp edges on the roads I travel could not be felt that much as compared to the normal air the tyres had. I just get them checked once in every 5000kms. Also, on highways the tyre stays colder in this heat, doesn't let the tyre heat up all that much compared to normal air.
Old 8th May 2009, 12:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
It's available in Sec-17 Vashi, the strech where Palm beach road starts there are lot of tire shops. One of them has Nitrogen available.
The shop is Wheelworld in the Shah complex building below the flyover (over Vashi R.S.) . I get it filled there.
Old 8th May 2009, 12:29   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Proven again and again that nitrogen fills only the wallet of the seller with no effect on the longevity of air in the buyer's car (diff. is perhaps 1% in 1 month). Just spend rs. 2-3 at a petrol pump and go wherever you want.
Agreed. You get 80% pure Nitrogen for free. It is all around up and is called AIR.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:29   #19
BHPian

I filled up the tyres on my SWIFT ZXi with Nitrogen @ Discovery Tyres Borivili West (Dattapada) near TATA Steel for 100.00 Rs for all the 5 tyres (Including the spare). The procedure is they empty the air and vacuum?? the tyres to remove all the air and then refill them with Nitrogen!

Listened to the sales talk from the guy there, for the actual results! well time will tell, Will be going out for an out of the city drive 600+ kms. I will keep a log for refills, performance etc...
Old 8th May 2009, 14:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
Listened to the sales talk from the guy there, for the actual results! well time will tell, Will be going out for an out of the city drive 600+ kms. I will keep a log for refills, performance etc...
There is the sales talk and there is this article:

Tires - Nitrogen air loss study: Consumer Reports Cars Blog

Nitrogen in tires - Q&A: Consumer Reports Cars Blog

Of course, you can still go ahead and make the seller's day.
Old 8th May 2009, 14:31   #21
BHPian

At least I have found that it does not require a refill for more than 3 months.
Old 8th May 2009, 14:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this will help. See the executive summary and the initial statements here.
Of course, with nitrogen lesser pressure loss, but see the difference over 3 months and then compare with the cost.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/staticfiles...009/811094.pdf
Old 9th May 2009, 19:10   #23
BHPian

I have been using nitrogen since 3 years in my car. I get it filled from tyrex at mulund who does not charge me for refills which are usually in 2-3 months or during allignment. I have till now not paid for nitogen refills at this place most probably because i am his regular customer.

I donot find any difference between normal air filled & nitrogen filled rides. However only checking tyre presure has reduced. Serious disadantageis if you get a puncture you will be forced to use normal air filled if nitrogen is not available.
Old 4th November 2009, 07:39   #24

The lotus petrol pump opposite Infiniti in Andheri has the option of filling in nitrogen.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:29   #25
BHPian

For Navi Mumbai Folks. Gao devi mandir Petrol pump Sector 14 Vashi

Most Viewed