Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 19:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
My Swift (2006) stock JK tyres seem to be nearing their end of life. The guys there ran their hands over the sidewalls and identified slight bulges on 3 out of the 4 tyres.

Suggestions are welcomed.
I have a similar bulge on my Opel Corsa (2002) front Tyre. The tyres are Bridge stone on Alloy Wheels. As per the Bridgestone dealer:-

"The bulge is caused by the car hitting a pothole or a "hump" at speed. On a steel rim, the damage is to the rim but on alloy rims the Tyre absorbs the impact this creats a small pocket in the tyre rubber skin which forms a bubble."

He further stated there that since there is no damage to the Steel Belt, tyre replacement is not needed. This was an year ago.

Hope he knows what he is saying.

Sathish
Old 15th May 2009, 10:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Believe you are talking about the last five digits on the chassis number. Kindly confirm if the issue is for the numbers before or after 240xx.

Thanks
Yes, they are the last five digit number, the issue is for numbers before 240XX (as far as I can recall this needs to be checked in most Swifts that have last five digits prior to 24089)
Old 11th October 2009, 12:28   #18
BHPian

One of my Good year F1 tubeless tyres has a rather big bulge. Any idea if there is a way to fix it in any way? I'm not sure if they do this in a tyre clinic. Anyone on this forum with any such experience? Help!
This is actually a tyre I bought second hand. One of my tyres was damaged in an accident and I went to the second hand market as I didn't want to buy just one new tyre. I wanted something that was run for a while. I found one that had hardly any wear out on the diameter. On closer inspection, there was some patch work on the side wall - as if it was torn open and then fixed up - pretty neat job. This tyre is about 6 months old. The bulge is not near the original patch work but in another place. The explanation by Sudherma seems plausible as I just did a Managalore Bangalore trip using the Shiradi route. So the question is - does anyone know where they do such patch work in Bangalore and if bulges can also be fixed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks