Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2010, 21:19   #136

Hello guys need some help in deciding tyres for my Linea, The stock ones are 195/60 R15. I usually drive 150+ kilometeres a day and drives mostly on state highways with lot of turns so need a tyre that provides better control and braking at 100+ speeds. Is the primary LC worth a try ?
Old 19th April 2010, 00:22   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Definitely. However, if you can compromise with a slightly noisier tyre, I would recommend the CPC2.

However, I think the Primacy LC would also suit your requirements well.
Old 19th April 2010, 01:18   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Definitely. However, if you can compromise with a slightly noisier tyre, I would recommend the CPC2.

However, I think the Primacy LC would also suit your requirements well.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion Nikhil, i was unaware of CPC2 and now think i should consider that also. Noise is not the primary concern, I am driving mostly in kerala and Tamilnadu. Here (kerala ) roads are wet most of the time in year so it should have good grip at wet surface, breaking and handling performance ( reckless pedestrians is a real menace and comes in drunk or not so drunk shapes especially in the evening times when visibility is low )
Old 19th April 2010, 02:44   #139
Awaiting Email Confirmation

So what is the verdict guys? Which tyres are best for low noise, comfort, grip, etc. for tyre sizes like:
1) 205/55 R16
2) 225/45 or 40 R17
The upgrades are for Laura FL.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:58   #140

Continentel............

Hi Nikhil, a dealer showed me BF goodrich sports and it was quoted @ 4.7k and CPC2 @4.4k . I think i should go for CPC2, is the price reasonable ? ( i was considering the fact those tyres are meant for very high speeds (Bf goodrich ))
Old 20th April 2010, 18:58   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

At those prices, it's a shoo in for the Conti CPC2!

Which size anyway?
Old 21st April 2010, 23:49   #142

Purchased CPC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
At those prices, it's a shoo in for the Conti CPC2!

Which size anyway?
Actually purchased CPC2, cost around 4.45k /Tyre, got wheel balancing and alignment, charged me for filling nitrogen, feeling less noise than stock tyres for linea. I drove a few kilometers on normal speeds ( let the ABS to cope up with new tyres ) the first thing to feel was probably some feedback on the stearing when turning @ lowspeeds, like it tries to steer itself but i think i invested my money on the right thing so i am a happy man. Thank You Nikhil...............

both the tyres were (195/60 R15)
Old 22nd April 2010, 09:36   #143
Senior - BHPian

Based on the advice of a member here (let it be anonymous), I bought Michelin Primacy LC 195/60R15 yesterday for my Corolla. They cost Rs. 5,150 per tyre in NOIDA. My old Bridgestone were still good for some 3-4,000 kms but the frequency of punctures had increased (3 in the last 2 months) and it was getting unbearable in the Delhi heat.

Anyway, there has been a huge difference and it feels that my car has got some extra sound dampeners. Whether that is due to new tread or specifically Michelin new treads, only time will tell. While getting new tyres fitted, the dealership in NOIDA had some people from Michelin on a field visit (incl. Indians and some foreigners). Related to them the experience of some people on this thread.

The question is not about the quality of the tyres but Michelin's after-sales warranties.
Old 24th April 2010, 22:16   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Michelin PLCs - One Month On

I bought a set of P-LCs when 2 of my OEM Turanzas ER300s were damaged after driving on a pretty bad road. I have covered approx 1,100 kms in the past month including a long distance trip out of station. My observations:

a) Really low levels of road noise even on concrete roads. On tarmac it seems the tyres do not make any rolling noise. Better road grip (at least in my mind). I was touching speeds of up to 160 kmph on the GQ with steady state speeds between 120-140 kmph. Covering a distance of 430 km in 6 hours and 15 mins with a 30 min stop for lunch.
b) The sidewalls are really soft and flexible. When the car is stationary I pushed the chassis and it literally moved as if it were mounted on jelly. Performance handling tyres these are NOT and at the cost of repetition, you need to be a bit careful with these tyres.
c) Very comfortable ride, a corollary of b)
d) The car does seem to roll farther and easily when compared to the OEM shoes. Courtesy the lower rolling resistance. Difficult to put a %age on the improvement but an enthusiast owner can detect the change.
e) No change in mileage, or improvement in fractions of a kmpl, too low to gauge...even though these are supposedly green tyres. Trip computer showed 14.9 kmpl. Need to check with the full tank to full tank method.
f) Is it my imagination but the finish on brand new Michelins seem to be better than competition.

My 1st trip to the tyre shop for a nitrogen top up is scheduled over the next week or so. I'll report back on any change (reduction) in TP.

Conclusion from the 1st month of ownership - Best set of tyres I've ever owned...period. I'd recommend these tyres to anyone with the normal caveats related to driving on rough roads.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 24th April 2010 at 22:17.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:18   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

R2D2 --- Finish on Michelin tyres is something I agree wholeheartedly with! They feel fantastic when they are new!
Old 5th May 2010, 22:22   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok guys. As promised, an update on my experience with the automotive snake oil - Nitrogen

Right here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1871485

Cheers!
Old 31st May 2010, 18:04   #147
BHPian

I have read almost the entire thread and still undecisive whether to go for Primacy LC or not, I am doing an upgrade on my Honda Civic, 215/55/R16.

I am hard on throttle and cornering but not on a race track but are day to day with lots of inter state highway driving, but dont want to compromise the comfort, ride quality and handling and less noisy tire.

What is your advice. PLease let me know at the earliest.

Cheers
Old 31st May 2010, 21:18   #148
BHPian

what would be an average life fot PLC on civic in 195/65/R15 size?
considering occasional 140+ on highways and not much cornering? And how soft is its sidewall can nikhil or someone using it comment on this?
and can someone compare it woth stok bridgestone B250 or micheline MVX8 which is still coming in new civic?
Old 1st June 2010, 11:25   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I have read almost the entire thread and still undecisive whether to go for Primacy LC or not, I am doing an upgrade on my Honda Civic, 215/55/R16.

I am hard on throttle and cornering but not on a race track but are day to day with lots of inter state highway driving, but dont want to compromise the comfort, ride quality and handling and less noisy tire.

What is your advice. PLease let me know at the earliest.

Cheers
GUYS await your thoughts to make the right decision.

Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 14:21   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh. Sorry! I typed a reply last night but some error. Didnt post.

The Saint --- The Primacy LC will do just fine. Dont worry about it.

Lalit --- It is soft, but it's not unmanageable. Just be careful and remember the tyre your car is running on is not an MRF or Apollo Amazer.

Dont even think of comparing it with a B250. The B250 is a low end tyre. The MXV8 is the predecessor to the PLC. They both are on par on almost all counts.

Most Viewed