Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 15:47   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Oh. Sorry! I typed a reply last night but some error. Didnt post.

The Saint --- The Primacy LC will do just fine. Dont worry about it.

Lalit --- It is soft, but it's not unmanageable. Just be careful and remember the tyre your car is running on is not an MRF or Apollo Amazer.

Dont even think of comparing it with a B250. The B250 is a low end tyre. The MXV8 is the predecessor to the PLC. They both are on par on almost all counts.
Thanks nikhil, one more question, will there be any high speed lack of sticking on the road while cornering (say 160++)? and close zig zag Maneuver (I mean if you are tailgating and you switch your lane immediately), I have done research on the net, they are pretty good in wet and high speed breaking.

Thanks bro

Last edited by The Saint : 1st June 2010 at 15:49.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:06   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, you can never say anything for sure. It depends on the road surface, your car, how quickly you turn the steering wheel, etc....

For most basic things, it is good. An easier solution would be NOT to tailgate!
Old 1st June 2010, 16:12   #153
Team-BHP Support

Last year I was looking at options (For Fusion). Thats when P-LC was just introduced. I was very much fine with stock tyres (Goodyear). And the price between GY and Michelin turned out to be 10K.

(11K versus 21K). I went with regular Good year. Its running fine. I have done about 10K already.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:26   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Well, you can never say anything for sure. It depends on the road surface, your car, how quickly you turn the steering wheel, etc....

For most basic things, it is good. An easier solution would be NOT to tailgate!
Thanks bro, sorry to bug you, letme ask you this way, keeping in mind my requirements do you think PLC is the best or you recommend something else.

Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 17:50   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

The PLC is a very good tyre. I personally would go for the Conti CPC2. In fact, I did. But for outright silence and comfort, nothing touches the PLC.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:33   #156
BHPian

Quote:
The PLC is a very good tyre. I personally would go for the Conti CPC2. In fact, I did. But for outright silence and comfort, nothing touches the PLC.
Thanks bro, I did my own testing latel ast evening in Mumbai, keeping in mind Mumbai roads are very different then other states and metro's very slippery, uneven and rough.

My first impression:

- Good handling on cornering, I did at 120kms and it was just sticking on the road like a glue. Remember the above road conditions.
-Great breaking on high speed, i am so impressed with it.
-Zig zag just out of this world, holds the car and the road inch perfect.

One more thing I will like to add the car takes of like a rocket, I mean the civic is sluggish in low torgue but since PLC I feel a minor difference.

Overall very good performance with comfort and handling.

Thanks for all the advice, this my personal opinion on Honda Civic 215/55/16.

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 2nd June 2010 at 12:37.
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2010, 20:31   #157
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I may sound really naive here, but as far as i know a tyre upgrade is only if there is a need to drive on the highways
However reading a few threads, i see that on the ANHC people upgrade for better road grip and even get higher GC
Can someone tell me if i really need an upgrade on my new ANHC? My drive is sedate, and almost 90% in city. No high speed cornerings etc at all
Currently i have Michelin XM1 and i will be going in for alloys for the stock rim size.
Please give me the pros and cons and also if the warranty should not get void with an upgrade.
Old 5th July 2010, 14:30   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I may sound really naive here, but as far as i know a tyre upgrade is only if there is a need to drive on the highways
Not true A better set of tyres goes a long way to improve your in-city driving as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
However reading a few threads, i see that on the ANHC people upgrade for better road grip and even get higher GC
Can someone tell me if i really need an upgrade on my new ANHC? My drive is sedate, and almost 90% in city. No high speed cornerings etc at all
Currently i have Michelin XM1 and i will be going in for alloys for the stock rim size.
Please give me the pros and cons and also if the warranty should not get void with an upgrade.
To be honest, given your driving style and usage, I see no point in changing your tyres. XM1 (or if I'm not mistaken, XM1+) is a very good tyre - comfortable, quiet and offers adequate grip+braking for sedate driving. Given that it is an ANHC, the tyres wouldn't be that old either. And since you aren't planning on upsizing, the existing tyres will do just fine.
Old 5th July 2010, 22:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post

To be honest, given your driving style and usage, I see no point in changing your tyres. XM1 (or if I'm not mistaken, XM1+) is a very good tyre - comfortable, quiet and offers adequate grip+braking for sedate driving. Given that it is an ANHC, the tyres wouldn't be that old either. And since you aren't planning on upsizing, the existing tyres will do just fine.
Razor, XM1 which are stock on ANHC are too noisy, XM1+ takes care of this noise. Regarding comfort, they aren't that laudable.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2010, 07:51   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

XM1 is same as XM1+ except for deeper tread depth.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:06   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
XM1 is same as XM1+ except for deeper tread depth.
Thanks for information, I believe the extra depth has been added to enhance life, true? Moreover, are the Energy XM1+'s different from normal XM1+'s like the one I've on Xing (155/70 R13)? I've seen the Michelin model where-in two different balls are used on 2 paralled half-circular paths to compare the rolling resistance.

Moreover Nikhil, the XM1's on my ANHC are very noisy (I PMed you regarding this as well). Will Anti-Rust treatment filter out the sound, I read this somewhere on TBHP?
Old 7th July 2010, 10:44   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Energy XM1+ has silica in the tread compound. Normal XM1+(in 12" and 13") does not have this.

You can try the anti rust coating. Anyway, can you confirm if it is XM1 or XM+ on the ANHC?
Old 7th July 2010, 20:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Energy XM1+ has silica in the tread compound. Normal XM1+(in 12" and 13") does not have this.

You can try the anti rust coating. Anyway, can you confirm if it is XM1 or XM+ on the ANHC?
It's XM1 for sure. Civic comes with MXV8 even when Primacy LC has long replaced the former, don't know how much stock is Michelins having or are they still producing XM1 and MXV8 for Honda?
Old 7th July 2010, 22:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

My Ritz got puncture yesterday. People say theat if we use tubless tyres we can drive with punture for 50 or 1ookms. With that concept in mind I drove around 3 0r 4 kms. Alas my wheel was flat. I changed the spare wheel and drove for 450 kms. Now I have no idea whether my punctured tyre will work or not. If not it is sad to know that it did not last even 30k Kms. Any comments on this.
Old 8th July 2010, 01:18   #165
BHPian

If it was completely flat then you shoudnt have driven it ahead. Generally, tubeless tyres do not lose air quickly when punctured. Hence, you can drive them till you find a fix as long as you keep filling in air every now & then.

But if its completely flat, then you need to stop driving right away to prevent further damage.

P.S. - Do check if the tyre is punctured or ripped. In cases of puncture, ive never come across a tubeless losing all its air altogether.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks