Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:01   #31
BHPian

I got these rubbers for my swift 195/60/R15.These tyres very comfortable and less noise, yes its true. At seed rage 60 -100 km the tyre is very quite(I have Remus exhaust so I did not hear anything apart from the exhaust sound ) ,only time I could hear the tyre noise is at high speeds. I did 140 in Bangalore to Coimbatore highway for a steady 3-5 mins after which I had to negotiate between the trucks and it handled pretty well ( not as good as the yoko S drives 205/55/R15 ) good for a comfort range tyres.Well I liked these tyres would recommend to people who look for comfortable drive. ( money well spent [FONT=Wingdings][/FONT]) .

These tyres are very very comfortable absorbs bumps and irregularities on the road very well and that is what its suppose to do.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I was just about to give you my best regards for not letting me know .
But then, I hear it was Innova, Corolla and a Skoda on the track. So, no "compliments" for you, Nikhil.
Sheesh. Sorry anna.

Secondly, I dont know about ride quality as the track surface is as smooth as Katrina Kaif's skin. Should be decent if Michelin's past reputation is anything to go by. It isnt a sporty tyre for sure, so it has to be comfy!

There were also plenty of Force Motors TT, etc on track. Not to mention water lorries as well!!
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:10   #33
BHPian

Will it be a good idea to use the Primacy LC tyres (195/60/R15) on my i20? Does the sidewall scrape the wheel wells?
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:33   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all, it's the wrong size. Secondly, I dont think it will fit. I think it will scrape on full lock or full load.
Old 7th July 2009, 22:35   #35
BHPian

I have upgraded my i20 tyres to Primacy LC and the ride is fantabulous. I dont mind a 3% speedo error.
Old 7th July 2009, 23:16   #36
BANNED

Hey will these 195/60 R15 Primacy LC fit on a Baleno. One of my friends got this set of tyres and it is great so i wanted it on my car.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Handling: Ok ish. Not bad, but not great either.
Hi Nikhil

I am looking to upgrade the tyres of the SX4 Zxi that I will be receiving soon. I was looking at Pilot Primacy or PP2, but the dealer I spoke to (Sai Baba) told me that PP2s and Pilot Primacy are not available, and that Primacy LC was available @ 8750/piece. And that I could get an exchange price of Rs. 3500 for the stock tyre (JK 205/60/R16).

1. Instead of LC, is there another Michelin performance tyre that you can suggest -one that is not merely listed on the website, but actually available in Bangalore?
2. The dealer told me that if I go for wider tyres (225/55/R16), then the suspension warranty will be void. Is this strictly true?
Old 10th July 2009, 14:23   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Hi Nikhil

I am looking to upgrade the tyres of the SX4 Zxi that I will be receiving soon. I was looking at Pilot Primacy or PP2, but the dealer I spoke to (Sai Baba) told me that PP2s and Pilot Primacy are not available, and that Primacy LC was available @ 8750/piece. And that I could get an exchange price of Rs. 3500 for the stock tyre (JK 205/60/R16).

1. Instead of LC, is there another Michelin performance tyre that you can suggest -one that is not merely listed on the website, but actually available in Bangalore?
2. The dealer told me that if I go for wider tyres (225/55/R16), then the suspension warranty will be void. Is this strictly true?
There is no PP2 in that size unfortunately. Not too many options. Only Primacy LC.

About wider tyres, I dont think it's necessary. 205/60 R16 is a good enough size given the SX4's power and everything.

About the warranty, some dealers use it as an excuse to not honour warranty, some others are more forgiving. Technically, they are right in not honouring warranty as the car was designed to be used with the stock tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Hey will these 195/60 R15 Primacy LC fit on a Baleno. One of my friends got this set of tyres and it is great so i wanted it on my car.
I doubt it will fit. It is not advisable at all.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Michelin India Website updated.. Primacy LC and Primacy HP are brought in and Vivacy and MXV8 model are removed from the website.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:06   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post

Also as i understand Silica reduces rolling resistance which is great on a good road .But on our indian roads there will not be any major difference since potholes , speedbreakers , stones , kerbs etc make our road.
And it will be only beneficial on really good roads like the the Ahmedabad super expressway, some other extremely good highways.

You obviously don't understand the concept of rolling resistance. Even if it has to roll over a pothole, there will be less resistance in doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Primacy LC is NOT a low end tyre. Far from it.
Now who sounds like a Fanboy ey Nikhil?
Old 13th July 2009, 16:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Now who sounds like a Fanboy ey Nikhil?
Actually you do. If you would take time to understand the range of tyres sold in India by Michelin in India & Asia Pacific, you would realise it is not a low-end tyre. Low-end tyres are the XM1 series which come in 12" and above sizes whereas the LC's start at 15" and above and are meant for fitting on premium cars in our market.

On a related topic, I would seriously advise that if you cannot handle disagreement on internet forums, please do not post. The tone that you're speaking in is not very welcoming and does nothing to liven up the discussion. If you have something useful to contribute, you're most welcome to but someone will always have an opinion opposed to yours, so I would suggest you learn to deal with it rather then being spiteful about it.

And, the comment to Trust about not understanding Rolling resistance was uncalled for.
Old 13th July 2009, 18:11   #42
BHPian

I'd advise you read the past posts prior to posting redundant rhetoric.

I'm already aware the Primacy LC isn't a low end tyre. I've been saying so all along. My arguement is that it is the best non-performance tyre available for the premium segment.
Old 13th July 2009, 19:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

How would you rate Primacy LC with BS ER60?
Old 13th July 2009, 21:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

I fitted Michelin Primacy LC 195/60R15 in my Elantra Today. Went through some average condition roads with rough patches, i felt the tires handled them smoothly and on the expressway did 160kmph and i felt the noise is very less compared to the BFG Sport which i have in my Getz. . I cant compare and comment much about this tire with other tires (except BFG Sport ).
Old 13th July 2009, 22:25   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I'm already aware the Primacy LC isn't a low end tyre. I've been saying so all along. My arguement is that it is the best non-performance tyre available for the premium segment.
You can't really say that they are the best without ever having tested the competitor's tyres.

The Turanza GR-80, the Yokohama V-550 and the Continental PremiumContact's are also very good comfort touring tyres.

Most Viewed