Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 13:36   #1
BHPian

JK Tyre Manufacturing defect on Scorpio causing vibration

I bought a Scorpio CRDE 2.6 LX in September 2007, after driving for around 13,000 KMs, my Scorpio started to vibrate whenever I crossed 100 KMPH, did wheel balancing and alignment at Mahindra A.S.S many times. Every time wheel balancing was done the vibrations used to be at 120 KMPH and above, but gradually after 500-600 KM the vibration used to return at 80-100 KMPH. Mahindra A.S.S got all the 5 tyres tested by JK tyre Experts and found manufacturing defect in 4 of the tyre. JK Tyres replaced all the 4 tyres free of cost. There was not vibration at all after that.

Now my scorpio has run 31,000 KMs, the vibration has returned and this time its more than the last time. Mahindra A.S.S says it can’t help this time as the tyre has already been replaced once, but they agree that there is manufacturing defect with the JK Tyre.

Mine is not an isolated case. I have spoken to other Scorpio owners with JK Tyres, all have faced the problem at some point depending on the KMs they have run.

Please let me know what should my approach be –
  • Its not my fault if there is manufacturing defect in tyres, since its under they should replace with new tyre. This time I am pressing for Bridgestone tyres. Correct me I am wrong here.
  • ]If they don’t replace the tyre, I am planning to replace it my self, which is better Bridgestone or Michelin
  • Should I ask the Mahindra A.S.S to provide me with Bridgestone tyre (spare or used) to make sure that there is absolutely no problem with vehicle
  • If any one else also has faced this problem please let me know what was your approach with Mahindra A.S.S

Thanks in Advance to All

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th May 2009 at 13:42. Reason: Please dont use external editors else [FONT] [COLOR] tags come up
Old 18th May 2009, 13:58   #2
BHPian

I have Bridgestone OE. tyres in my Scorpio, ran 65000 kms in 3 years & never such an issue, all tyres still have 40% tread. I have also heard a lot of people complaining about JK tyres. In fact on my 3rd Service (15000kms) one guy jokingly said in A.s.s if you want we can replace your current tyres with new JK tyres. I was lured but thankfully denied the deal.
But you must press M&M & JK hard enough so they provide you another set of tyres as they agree there is an issue. Talk to them & say you would not hesitat going to consumer court. Should solve the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks