Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:53   #16
BHPian

Thats it. I'm putting up my Swift's stock JKs up for sale. Used only 38k km and a steal at Rs 7k a tyre. Will also exchange with your Michelins/Yokos if you are willing to pay me the difference.
Interested buyers PM me asap. Such high performance tyres will surely be sold within minutes of posting this.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:37   #17
BHPian

Just in India? Well to be completely honest this idea of market journalism is present worldwide, even in established markets. Any car mag is out to make profits, and the maximum profit is in advertising or such sponsored articles. So don't blame them for doing this.

What they should be blamed for is for not providing any empirical evidence to support their grading. I'm sure JK and MRF are good at the budget end, and that MRF's performance tyres are relatively competitive, but neither of those manufacturers have ever made "ultra performance" rubber nor have they claimed to have done so.

So Autobild is at fault with their nonsensical grading system/pattern.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think they're a bunch of drifters
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Every magazine have a favourite brand. That's why every car in India is the Car of the Year for some magazine or the other. Anyone know which car got the Dainik Bhaskar COTY award?
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Im sure JK influenced them.Where are the standards of Michelin and JK.Poles apart.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

PS: I dont think it's too hard to figure out which company has sponsored this feature in this rag.

I guess you missed the point, they were talking about Auto (Rickshaw) tyres, not car tyres.
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:26   #22
BHPian

And I thought that OE JK tyres on my Swift Diesel were not tyres but thick rubber bands wrapped around steel rims, how stupid of me.
I am sure Auto Car India & Overdrive are laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I sold the brand new JK "performance" tyres which came with the swift. Reason: it was giving so much performance and grip I couldn't drive the car
that was a good one. Next thing you know is auto bild claiming tube type tyres are way safer and easier to maintain than ttubeless ones
Haven't seen the issue in question, but I'm sure it has the back page and a couple of full page adverts from JK.
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
that was a good one. Next thing you know is auto bild claiming tube type tyres are way safer and easier to maintain than ttubeless ones
Thankfully they havent done that! They have an article on tubeless tyres too and say they are better.
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I guess you missed the point, they were talking about Auto (Rickshaw) tyres, not car tyres.
Sir dont let that clause fool you. We all know that the best performance and heavily modded cars run on 12" tyres and rims.
Old 4th June 2009, 08:56   #26
BHPian

Nikhil, not fair man. You sold me AD07's when I already had the best money could buy in the JK vectras. Good thing I still have the tyres. Can I come over and get the Vectras put back in? Oh, and I must remember to write a personalized thank you note to Auto Bild for their comprehensive review. The car manufacturers had it right all along when they gave us those tyres. Who are we to question their superior intellect?
Old 4th June 2009, 09:20   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
Nikhil, not fair man. You sold me AD07's when I already had the best money could buy in the JK vectras. Good thing I still have the tyres. Can I come over and get the Vectras put back in? Oh, and I must remember to write a personalized thank you note to Auto Bild for their comprehensive review. The car manufacturers had it right all along when they gave us those tyres. Who are we to question their superior intellect?
Sorry buddy!! Guilty as charged. I was mistaken. I thought the AD07s were better

Sure come back!! I'll be happy to use those crap AD07s on my Getz. Get the JKs fitted back to your flying Swift!
Old 19th June 2009, 18:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Damn! I gotta get myself a set of them JK's now......need to get hold of an issue of Auto Bild too!
Old 19th June 2009, 19:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm not surprised....remember reading something as absurd as the 1.2L i20 being quicker (or was it more fuel efficient) than the Swift as well.
Yes GTO. Its right here. I own an i20, but this is ridiculous. That whole review is full of contradictions. Looks like a concoction of reports from various eggheads.

for i20, 0-100kmph: 12.9s

While poor 1.3L swift is at a lowly 13.8s

i20 0-100 figures from other mags...

OD:13.36s (not bad...eh?)
Auto India: 14.61s
BSM: 14.83s
Car India: 15.13s
ACI: 15.21s
ZW: 15.44s

From my own "low tech" tests, it must be somewhere between 15-16s.

Last edited by appuchan : 19th June 2009 at 19:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks