Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2009, 10:24   #1
BHPian

Tyre Exchange for Brand New Scorpio

Hi,

I have been searching the forum since yesterday, but have not found the right answer to my query. Hence posting this.

I am planning to exchange the tyres of a brand new Scorpio VLX which I will be getting next week. It comes with P235/70 R16 bridgestone tyres. I will be mainly using this for highway travel and then off roading on country roads. And sometimes into the jungles for my wildlife photography. I will not be doing heavy off-roading. It will be mainly on country side village roads.

I also read this statement from Behram Dhabhar :
The 16 inch size comes with 6.5J wheel rims, everything else remaining the same. Please note that for steel wheels, the wheel nuts have a spherical profile on them to hold the wheels. It is not only necessary, it is IMPERATIVE that this mounting setting must not be changed in any way. This system is engineered for the vehicle and will perform its intended function. Any deviation will spoil the performance and affect safety.

I understand that A/T tyres may suite my purpose. Please advice what brand of tyres are suitable for my use keeping the above statement of Behram in view.

Regards,
Sudhir Shivaram
Old 13th June 2009, 10:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are not upsizing/changing alloys etc then I don't think you need to worry too much about that statement.

I would recommend Yoko Geo's in 235/70-16 size. Absolutely VFM and at home on/off the road.
Old 13th June 2009, 10:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I second Shahnawaz and please approach a tyre dealer directly for the best deals in exchange for your existing tyres. Knock out a deal right away, and drive your car straight to the dealer on the day of delivery for an exchange. Your car dealer will make a cut on the exchange if done through them.
Old 13th June 2009, 11:20   #4
BHPian

Like Khan said, go for Yoko Geolander's. Great tyres and VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks