Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 14:22   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Very well looks like a dealer-specific Limited Edition model. And wrong tyre size to boot!

6.65 OTR for an LDi is sacrilege!

Yeah. Thats what even i thought. Also, it comes with leather seats and sony stereo system ( Don't know the model number). Don't know what other after market features are added other than these (sorry, couldn't take picture of the interiors)
Old 3rd September 2009, 09:19   #77
BHPian

hi everybody got my own ritz vdi limited edition fire brick red.will be upsizing tyres.going for bridgestones as roads are not very good.earlier was planiing for michelins xm1+.well, the tyre dealer is pushing me to go for g3 potenzas over er-60 turanza.the diff is around 50 bucks per tyre.how are these tyres?can i have a quick answer as planning to do upgrade today itself.thank you.
p.s-alloys have been ordered-neo black machined.will be posting pictures soon.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:04   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
hi everybody got my own ritz vdi limited edition fire brick red.will be upsizing tyres.going for bridgestones as roads are not very good.earlier was planiing for michelins xm1+.well, the tyre dealer is pushing me to go for g3 potenzas over er-60 turanza.the diff is around 50 bucks per tyre.how are these tyres?can i have a quick answer as planning to do upgrade today itself.thank you.
please tyre gurus help me out.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post

Turanza ER-60 are THE best ones for comfortable ride and in bad roads. Go for it.
Old 12th September 2009, 15:02   #80
BHPian

I am getting the Zxi in a few days, with JK Vectra 185/70R14 on alloys.

I have been mulling whether to change the tyres to Michelin/Bridgestone? Local dealers are quoting around 8000-9000 for 5 tyres after deduction of the Vectras. I'm wondering if it really is worth that much money (Brand consciousness and pride excluded!). After all, the tyre sizes are the same.

On the Baleno, I upgraded from 165/80 Bridgestone tubetype to 185/70 Michelin XM1 tubeless. The difference in ride was quite significant, but how much of it was due to going for a broader tyre, as well as going tubeless?

What are the experiences of people who have remained with the Vectras?
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:56   #81
BHPian

hi how about goodyear tyres GT 770 if i am not wrong .what price i can expect for that.. one dealer told me it will cost 2800..tyre size is 185/70/R14 ...what is the advantage of filling with nitrogen compared to normal air....if once i fill with nitrogen is there any problem if i topup with normal air later.....
Old 30th October 2009, 00:35   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I am getting the Zxi in a few days, with JK Vectra 185/70R14 on alloys.

I have been mulling whether to change the tyres to Michelin/Bridgestone?
Hey Filcord, did you upgrade to better rubber? What deal did you get?
Old 15th November 2009, 23:51   #83
BHPian

My New Maruti Ritz Lxi

Hi All ,
Have been following Team-bhp for more than an year now. Thought now is the time to start adding some of my own thoughts. I just recently purchased Maruti Ritz Lxi one week ago in Bakers Choclate colour. Have already done some add-ons and modifications like Alloy wheels(only today) and Kenwood Double Din music system. Would be installing power windows soon.

Need one advise with regard to installation of alloy wheels from all you experts. I have installed one of the Neo Wheels alloys on the car with size as 14X6. The default size originally from Maruti is supposedly 14X5. Can you people please advise if this difference of 14X5 with 14X6 make any difference to car handling or any other kind of ill-effects to the car. The alloy wheel dealer was suggesting me to install a higher size tyre i.e 185 65 R14 instead of the 165 80 R14 that comes along with the car but I am somewhat short on budget for a while. I know that the higher size tyre will improve the handling and ride of the car by miles but for the moment I plan to continue using my standard JK Tyres that have come along with the car.

I seriously need all your advise regarding this : that whether the 14X6 instead of original 14X5 affect the car in any wrong way.

I would be sharing my complete detailed story about my purchase soon. Also would post some pictures of the car. The car is looking awesome after installing the Alloy Wheels which I happened to purchase only today. Thanks in Advance......
Old 16th November 2009, 08:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi wings.
Congratulation on a new Ritz.I too did wanted to o the changes of your likeness like Alloy wheels.I went around and came to know the wheels alone costs around 14000 for 4nos.My tyre expert says no need of the spare.It is better to go with the size of Ritz ZXI wheel size and tyre size which is 185 /70 R 14. I believe tha ey might have made lots of running around with different sizes and finally fitted this for all kinds of benefits like stability,sturdiness and Fuel economy. I do want to run another 30k kms of the company fitted JK Tornado tyres.Other wise we loose a lot.I will fo for the alloy wheels in a week and tyre later.Do the power windows with Maruti Genuine accessories.If you wish you can add on the door visor which the people think of no use.If you have that you can leave an inch gap of the window glasses in sun and rain which will allow air circulation of the locked car.Floor mats go for the full floor mat of Maruti GA.(GA Genuine Accessories) Which really keep the carpet clean and fit nicely.Above that you can put rubber mats to take out and through the dust.During the course of time let us know the mileage og your car.Have a nice ride and enjoy.It is a true family car in this range.
Old 16th November 2009, 08:35   #85
BHPian

Congrats for your purchase. Please post the pics of your car and initial ownership experience. I can't comment on the alloy wheels, will let gurus comment on that.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:36   #86
BHPian

Thanx for such quick replies. Can somebody also advise about the size of the rim.
I am trying to break the question into two parts here. One for the rim size and the other for the tyre size.

(a) What I basically want to know is whether changing the rim size from 14X5 to 14X6 was in itself a right idea or not. Can this extra 1 inch in width affect the car in any wrong way ? I always used to believe that increasing the diameter of the rim by 1 size or two size means upsizing. In my case the diameter has remained the same but the width has increased by 1 inch. Does this again mean that the tyre size has been upsized ?

(b) As stated above I have already installed the new alloys from Neo. The size of the alloy is 14x6 whereas size of the original rim was 14x5 which I suppose basically means that the alloy is 1 more inch broader in width than the factory fitted rim. At the same time I am going to continue to use my standard JK Tyres 165 80 R14 with the new Alloys. Please advise and let me know do I necessarily need to change the tyres to a bigger 185 70 R14 for better compatibility or the present standard 165 80 R14 tyres can be used with broader 14X6 rim.

Would soon be posting the pictures of the car along with the Alloys. As stated earlier I have a story to share with regard to the overall experience of purchasing (The price I got it for and some other interesting things). Would update soon. Thanx.
Old 13th December 2009, 17:19   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hey wat a nice pic... with just a small change the ritz is now looking more aggressive... good one....
Old 13th December 2009, 17:32   #88
BHPian

Hi Folks,
As somebody has mentioned in earlier replies that steering will be a bit heavy with the tyre upgrades... just wanted to ask that weather this will effect the city drives also will the tyre upgrades will hamper the FE if yes, how much....
Old 13th December 2009, 19:46   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hi Wings,

Hope you did got your Alloys. How did the deal go and the prices and brand you got and paid. What size did you fit. Finally How is it after all these fittings,Post photos.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:20   #90
BHPian

Can anybody tell what is the PCD for Ritz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks