Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 15:15   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Hi,
One of the tires in my Ritz Zxi has got punctured badly (has visited a construction site recently and drove over a heap of nails). The tyre is JK stock for Zxi. I have decided not to repair & continue with the punctured one (multiple punctures ; looks like a sieve). Is it advisable to go for a Michelin / Yoko tyre (rest 3 will be JK stock tires anyway) or should I stick with a new JK tire.
Why dodnt you keep this mutli punctured tyre as a stepney and use the one that on the stepney as your main tyre.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Old 9th February 2012, 20:14   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Why dodnt you keep this mutli punctured tyre as a stepney and use the one that on the stepney as your main tyre.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Thnx Schoudhury, will surely consider your option ; but still, I wonder if I can use a Michelin / Yoko with 3 JK stocks of same size?
Old 10th February 2012, 16:04   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thnx Schoudhury, will surely consider your option ; but still, I wonder if I can use a Michelin / Yoko with 3 JK stocks of same size?
Yes you can , without any issues, but make sure you get the new tyre of the same specification of the present JK's .

Cheers
Old 10th February 2012, 16:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can , without any issues, but make sure you get the new tyre of the same specification of the present JK's .

Cheers
I am a bit anal , so I have to do this. Kindly excuse.

The "same specification" bit means that the tyre must be of same size, similar rubber compound (hard/soft), same tread spec in terms of directionality and symmetry.

If you are going to fit 1 tyre of different make/model, then the car will "feel" different to drive.
Old 10th February 2012, 16:33   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post

The "same specification" bit means that the tyre must be of same size, similar rubber compound (hard/soft), same tread spec in terms of directionality and symmetry.
ok understood. But I don't think we can find "same specification" tyres from diff manufacturers. So, I'll better procure a new JK (BTW, I don't have a stepney, a friend borrowed mine long time back )
Old 10th February 2012, 16:37   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I am a bit anal , so I have to do this. Kindly excuse.

If you are going to fit 1 tyre of different make/model, then the car will "feel" different to drive.
Yes, i think if he goes for those unidirectional ones, then he might feel a difference, but for the normal tyres of same size , i dont think that will be of great concern. I might be wrong also .

Cheers
Old 10th February 2012, 16:45   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i think if he goes for those unidirectional ones, then he might feel a difference, but for the normal tyres of same size , i dont think that will be of great concern. I might be wrong also .

Cheers
It is not a great concern - I have bought used cars that had tyres of different brands on them. The Zen I once bought had a JK, a CEAT, an MRF and an Apollo. All in decent shape. After getting all the tyres changed to the same brand, and mind you, I did not spend much, just fitted new budget tyres of same make/model on all 4 corners, the difference in ride, braking, handling was very obvious.

But then, I care about "seat of the pants" feel. Lots of people don't.
Old 10th February 2012, 23:02   #188
BHPian

Thanks a lot Schoudhury and KiloAlpha, will surely keep this in mind when I go to my dealer next week

OT : @Schoudhury, I think I saw your car in Prestige Tech Park; do you work at PTP ?
Old 8th March 2012, 14:56   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Upgrade to 195/60/15 tyres on the Ritz VDI recently.
Alloys :- AVA
Tyres :- MRF ZLO
Your alloys suits your Ritz to the T. I am expecting delivery of Fire brick red Ritz VDI ABS in a week or two and am looking for suitable alloys plus upgrade to 185/70 R14. Would like to leverage your experience in choosing the right set of alloys that suits the car. Hope you don't mind sharing answers to the following questions

1) From this thread, I infer that you had Neo Dizzy alloys (14 inchers) earlier - may I know the reason why you changed them?

2) Can you please share the model of the AVA alloys and some approximate cost ?

3) Is the AVA model available in R14?

4) Doesn't upgrading to 15 inchers void the warranty as a few have suggested and did you go with the upgrade despite the warranty concerns

5) How is ZLO's suitability to bad roads?

6) Any other alloys that you had looked at as part of your search and would recommend

Thanks in advance
Old 8th March 2012, 21:42   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OT : @Schoudhury, I think I saw your car in Prestige Tech Park; do you work at PTP ?
Ankan, i m really sorry, i missed your reply.
Yup i do work @ PTP, how about you ? PM me we can definitively meetup next week sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Your alloys suits your Ritz to the T. I am expecting delivery of Fire brick red Ritz VDI ABS in a week or two and am looking for suitable alloys plus upgrade to 185/70 R14. Would like to leverage your experience in choosing the right set of alloys that suits the car. Hope you don't mind sharing answers to the following questions

1) From this thread, I infer that you had Neo Dizzy alloys (14 inchers) earlier - may I know the reason why you changed them?
See from the beginning only i wanted to have 15'' , but people suggested, for Ritz 15'' 195 section might not be needed, so going by that i got 14'' alloys and used the same stock tyres, but they lacked something. May be if i would have changed the tyres also to 185 or 195 section, i would not have thought about 15''.
But when my stock tyres crossed 20k , i knew it was time to change,so thought why not upsize, so i moved to 15'' and take my word , it makes a great difference the way the car rides now.

2) Can you please share the model of the A VA alloys and some approximate cost ?
The model which i have is 217 if im not wrong. The dealer was giving me 5 @ 20k .

3) Is the AVA model available in R14? No idea.

4) Doesn't upgrading to 15 inchers void the warranty as a few have suggested and did you go with the upgrade despite the warranty concerns

No, i confirmed with MASS, they said untill and unless you dont change anything around with the suspension, they are fine with 195.60.15

5) How is ZLO's suitability to bad roads?

See MRF are desi tyres, so im sure they will be rough and tough.

6) Any other alloys that you had looked at as part of your search and would recommend
Yup, i was eyeing LENSO alloys. but boy they are pretty cost , so was not able to buy them. And moreover LENSO dont come in a set of 4 in 15'', at-least i was not able to find any dealer .

Thanks in advance
Replies are in bold.

Also let me know if you wanna take my car for a spin to check how the car ride on 15''.
Edit :- Just noticed you are not in Bangalore.

I will suggest, please go for 15''. With the power this DDIS heart has you need 195 section rubbers.

Hope it helps .

Last edited by Schoudhury : 8th March 2012 at 21:44.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 23:28   #191
BHPian

Advice needed urgently. Stock JK Tyres of my Ritz ( 175 / 80 / R14) have developed this strange thing. Chunks of rubber are missing from the tires (front & back right ). Please suggest if I need to change the tires immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imag0272.jpg  

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 4th May 2012 at 23:29. Reason: corrected tire size
Old 5th May 2012, 07:56   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

No worries unless the problem is very widespread. In the pic you have posted I can see only one small chunk of rubber missing. Dont worry about it if it's that small.
Old 16th May 2012, 01:33   #193
Senior - BHPian

I have Bridgestone 165 section tyres on my car with stock wheels, run only 20k kms. Now I really want to do something about the body roll at slightly higher speeds which does not inspire confidence to push harder. Is a tyre upgrade the way to go or should I get strut braces to solve this problem?? I don't have a problem with grip as most of the time I am driving in the city but there are times I just don't feel confident to go faster.

If tyre upgrade then approx how much should I get back on my older tyres?? And any idea where can I get braces??

I don't want to go in for expensive shocks and springs. Want to keep a check on the expenditure for the time being.
Old 17th May 2012, 08:48   #194
BHPian

Team, I have been driving a Opel Corsa for the last 7 years and have booked a Ritz VXI for myself. Corsa is running on Bridgestone Turanza and inspires confidence on sharp turns, I am sure Ritz has Body Roll.

Suggestions in terms of reducing Body Roll in a budget:

- Should I go for a tire upgrade, is it worth the money?
- If yes A-Drive, XM 1 or Turanza?
- Is 185/70 R14 the right upgrade?
- Would it compromise efficiency as running is 60km per day?
- What will be the assumed % difference in - Handling, Body Roll, Road Grip
- If I choose to spend money on Alloy's what should be the specs? dont wanna mess with PCD etc and compromise on efficiency by picking up a heavier alloy.
- Recommended Brands for Alloys?
Old 20th May 2012, 21:05   #195
BHPian

Met a couple of tyre dealers today, prices quoted are as follows:
Yoko A drive 185/70 R14: 4450 buy back JK 2000
Michellin XM 2 185/70 R14: 4850 buy back JK 2400

Yoko dealer is saying I can give Michellin but they are not long lasting, Yoko is better as the rubber is slightly harder, Michellin dealer is saying that you can't compare Yoko with Michellin. Michellin is far superior.

Please advice as the dealers are confusing me all the more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks