Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2012, 23:43   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I have Bridgestone 165 section tyres on my car with stock wheels, run only 20k kms. Now I really want to do something about the body roll at slightly higher speeds which does not inspire confidence to push harder. Is a tyre upgrade the way to go or should I get strut braces to solve this problem?? I don't have a problem with grip as most of the time I am driving in the city but there are times I just don't feel confident to go faster.

If tyre upgrade then approx how much should I get back on my older tyres?? And any idea where can I get braces??

I don't want to go in for expensive shocks and springs. Want to keep a check on the expenditure for the time being.
Bhai,
Switch to 195 section rubbers, you will feel the difference in handling.
I switched to 195/60/15 after using the 165 tyres for 23k and believe me the car is totally different now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Team, I have been driving a Opel Corsa for the last 7 years and have booked a Ritz VXI for myself. Corsa is running on Bridgestone Turanza and inspires confidence on sharp turns, I am sure Ritz has Body Roll.

Suggestions in terms of reducing Body Roll in a budget:

- Should I go for a tire upgrade, is it worth the money?
- If yes A-Drive, XM 1 or Turanza?
- Is 185/70 R14 the right upgrade?
- Would it compromise efficiency as running is 60km per day?
- What will be the assumed % difference in - Handling, Body Roll, Road Grip
- If I choose to spend money on Alloy's what should be the specs? dont wanna mess with PCD etc and compromise on efficiency by picking up a heavier alloy.
- Recommended Brands for Alloys?
185-70-14 should be a perfect for Ritz.
The upsize will have very less effect on the kmpl, you wont even notice it .
If you wanna go for alloys,get 100 pcd alloys .

Quote:
Met a couple of tyre dealers today, prices quoted are as follows:
Yoko A drive 185/70 R14: 4450 buy back JK 2000
Michellin XM 2 185/70 R14: 4850 buy back JK 2400

Yoko dealer is saying I can give Michellin but they are not long lasting, Yoko is better as the rubber is slightly harder, Michellin dealer is saying that you can't compare Yoko with Michellin. Michellin is far superior.

Please advice as the dealers are confusing me all the more.
Michellin are better any day.
You can also check out the MRF ZLO's , they are also really good.

Hope it helps .
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 15:08   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Bhai,
Switch to 195 section rubbers, you will feel the difference in handling.
I switched to 195/60/15 after using the 165 tyres for 23k and believe me the car is totally different now.
Thanks, your Ritz is quite inspiring. I guess I'l take your word on the tyres and will look out for an upgrade to 195s and will couple it with the stock wheels of the new Honda City to keep the cost in check. Just 2 small questions

1. Do your tyres scrape anywhere when the car is fully loaded or on turnings?? Cos I do have 5-6 people in my car once in a while, hence asking.

2. Since you changed your stock tyres at 23k you would be the best person to help me in estimating a value for my old 20K run Bridgestones. How much did you get in return for your old set, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again.

Last edited by S2!!! : 21st May 2012 at 15:17.
Old 21st May 2012, 15:32   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Thanks, your Ritz is quite inspiring. I guess I'l take your word on the tyres and will look out for an upgrade to 195s and will couple it with the stock wheels of the new Honda City to keep the cost in check. Just 2 small questions

1. Do your tyres scrape anywhere when the car is fully loaded or on turnings?? Cos I do have 5-6 people in my car once in a while, hence asking.

2. Since you changed your stock tyres at 23k you would be the best person to help me in estimating a value for my old 20K run Bridgestones. How much did you get in return for your old set, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again.
I was also unsure if it will scrap on full load or full wheel lock , but i have never faced any issues till date, so you can even upsize to 15'' if you wish .
Also mine is diesel, so not sure if the suspension is abit on the stiffer side or not compared to the petrol Ritz.

I got Rs 500 for the 4 JK tyres . I guess if you can check some more store some might give you around 200 Rs per tyre .

Cheers.
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:21   #199
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a Ritz Vdi that's run close to 30k kms, so looking for a tyre upgrade. Based on posts on this thread and some other threads, I have chosen the following combination:

- AVA HS - 217
- MRF ZLO 195/60 R15 88H

Can someone who has used one/both of the above clarify some queries:
- Is this a good combination, what other options can I explore in a tight budget ?
- I currently get 15kmpl with full AC in Mumbai city driving, how much impact will i face on FE post upsize
- What will the approx cost be for both together ? (cost range if not exact cost)
- Can anyone from Mumbai suggest a VFM/reliable place to get this done ?
- Should I change all 5 or just 4 and keep one of the stock tyres for emergencies ?

Brgds,
Vishal
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:33   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a Ritz Vdi that's run close to 30k kms, so looking for a tyre upgrade. Based on posts on this thread and some other threads, I have chosen the following combination:

- AVA HS - 217
- MRF ZLO 195/60 R15 88H

Can someone who has used one/both of the above clarify some queries:
- Is this a good combination, what other options can I explore in a tight budget ?
- I currently get 15kmpl with full AC in Mumbai city driving, how much impact will i face on FE post upsize
- What will the approx cost be for both together ? (cost range if not exact cost)
- Can anyone from Mumbai suggest a VFM/reliable place to get this done ?
- Should I change all 5 or just 4 and keep one of the stock tyres for emergencies ?

Brgds,
Vishal
Vishal
- AVA HS - 217
- MRF ZLO 195/60 R15 88H

i have the same on my Ritzy.
If you want to upsize to 15", then 195*60*15 is the best upsize.
With 195*60*15, i think there will be a 0.5-1 kmpl drop .
4 tyres and alloys will cost you min 30k. You can buy 5 alloys and keep one of alloy safe, just in case if you need it later .

if you wanna stick to 14'', just change the tyres to 185*70*14, that should be also fine .

Hope it helps .

Cheers
Old 24th May 2012, 09:01   #201
BHPian

Yesterday was my lucky day as I got the delivery of my Ritz VXI

Drove it on the Palm Beach Road on the Stock Tornadoes and the car was going all over above 60, I felt as if there was no road grip at all.

Is it typical ritz tall boy design or the not so inspiring Tornadoes?

Planning to upgrade to XM 2 by end of this week, how much difference would it make to Road Grip?

Would it help the car stick to the ground?
Old 24th May 2012, 11:03   #202
BHPian

Quote:

Is it typical ritz tall boy design or the not so inspiring Tornadoes?
I think it is a bit of both, though not very sure about your Tornadoes as I got a different set with mine. But yes, the Ritz has a lot of body roll and "going over the place issues" if not piloted properly on high speeds (over 100 kmph), but not at 60 kmph IMO.

Wider tyres will definitely help your grip.
Old 24th May 2012, 11:21   #203
BHPian

Guys,

One query is after upgrading the Rims to 15 inches,will the spare tyre will fit in Spare tyre compartment of Ritz? Not sure about this.
Pardon me for silly question.
Old 24th May 2012, 12:14   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
Guys,

One query is after upgrading the Rims to 15 inches,will the spare tyre will fit in Spare tyre compartment of Ritz? Not sure about this.
Pardon me for silly question.
I think it will fit, because the other day i took the spare wheel out ,which is still the stock 165*80*14, and was comparing the same with the 195*60*15 and the height of the 165's was more than 195 . So i think it will fit in fine .
But not sure if the jack will fit in fine .

Please let us know if you are able to .

Cheers.
Old 24th May 2012, 15:25   #205
BANNED

I would like to upgrade my oe jk 14in after 68k kms in my vdi. What about 195/65R14 and 205/60R14. What are the pros and cons. Experts please comment...
Cheers
dilip kumar
Old 25th May 2012, 12:18   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Vishal
- AVA HS - 217
- MRF ZLO 195/60 R15 88H

i have the same on my Ritzy

You can buy 5 alloys and keep one of alloy safe, just in case if you need it later .
Thanks for your help.

On further research, I developed strong feelings for the HRS "H 286" Model. Link: http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/full...size=15&gid=26

Got an online quote from Sai Mag Wheels from Delhi, who have quoted 17,500 /- for 4 pcs plus 1000/- for Transport. I am not sure if its safe to transfer money and then wait for the rims to come home (with a possibility of damage in transit)

Does anyone know if I can get HR/HRS rims in Mumbai, and if yes - where ?

Brgds,
Vishal

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 25th May 2012 at 12:19.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:52   #207

@dilip sir,
Sir both the sizes you mentioned are not correct upsize ratios for ritz. If you want to maintain the rim size as 14 then i would suggest you stick to the stock zxi size of 185. If you want to upsize the rim to 15" then as mentioned in the previous posts 195/60/r15 is the best. In this size i suggest you go for the mrf zlo's . I have driven extensively in my friends ritz vdi and i can assure you that they are the best. PM me if you want more info about the ride quality of the mrf's. i can give you my fiends number. he would be glad to help you out!

Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 12:08   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post

I am not sure if its safe to transfer money and then wait for the rims to come home (with a possibility of damage in transit)
Don't worry about shipment, there are members who got their alloys delivered to Assam in perfect conditions, so i will suggest, if you like the alloys just order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
I would like to upgrade my oe jk 14in after 68k kms in my vdi. What about 195/65R14 and 205/60R14. What are the pros and cons. Experts please comment...
Cheers
dilip kumar
You can definetly go for 195*65*14, there are many people here , even our very own mod Jaggu himself is using 195*65 on his Swift, and no issues whatsoever.
But for 205 , it think it might scrap on full lock.
Also , if you want to reduce the height to 60, then why not 195*60*15 instead of 205*60*14, ya you might need to go for alloys, but i dont think it will be safe to put 205 on stock rims either,so anyways you will need to go for alloys .

Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhilsundar View Post
@dilip sir,
. If you want to maintain the rim size as 14 then i would suggest you stick to the stock zxi size of 185.
Thanks
185 is perfect for Ritz, but if you like to push your car @ times, then i will suggest go for 195, the handling will improve a lot.

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 10th August 2012 at 12:12.
Old 10th August 2012, 18:19   #209
BHPian

@schoudury- 185's are the best bet for the ritz as they give the best of both worlds. 195/60/r15 improve the handling a lot but they reduce the comfort level which is important considering the condition of our roads.
BTW i run on 195/60/r15 mrf zlo's which i purchased soley based on the confidence you showed in your posts regarding these tyres(was previously running on yoko avs decibels). So thanks a lot!

The friend ezhil sundar is talking about is me !!
Old 16th August 2012, 21:18   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
@schoudury- 185's are the best bet for the ritz as they give the best of both worlds. 195/60/r15 improve the handling a lot but they reduce the comfort level which is important considering the condition of our roads.
BTW i run on 195/60/r15 mrf zlo's which i purchased soley based on the confidence you showed in your posts regarding these tyres(was previously running on yoko avs decibels). So thanks a lot!
Regarding comfort , i found if you maintain the air pressure properly then you should not have any issues, but yes ofcourse on slightly better roads, but if the roads are not that good, then it betters to stick to 185*70*14.

Quote:
Oh yes, they are really good set of rubbers and im glad that my advise helped you.

Quote:
The friend ezhil sundar is talking about is me !!
Thats a good one .

Cheers.

Most Viewed