Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 09:46   #226
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Hi I am planning to upgrade from 165 to 180 for my ritz. I won't be going for alloys though. Planning to get a new set of rims along with the tires. Not able to get a tyre shop which has rims in stock in and around HSR layout. Any pointers where i can get them and how much is the current rate for good set of tyre for mostly city/highway driving.

PS: The current tyres have run for 30k. Is it a good time to change the stock JK ones?
I hope u meant 185mm. Changing from your JK is indeed a good thing - you will definitely notice the improved braking distance (I felt JKs in my previous car at 30K kms and 3 years made a fuss while braking even at speeds of 60kph with wheels skidding and screeching while braking)
I thought most alloy shops will have stock rims as well (those exchanged for alloys by other customers). Or better, get from msil.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:01   #227
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have booked Ritz Zxi (white ) . I am planning to upgrade the rubber and alloys.
I was informed that I will get JK or Bridgestone at 185/70/14. I won't upgrade to wider tyres and also plan to maintain 14.

1. Can I assume that NEO alloys is safer/reliable than maruti ZXi alloy wheels ?
2. Is it useful to upgrade to Yoko/Michelin with same dimensions as OEM ? Will there be any de-gradation in safety, driving comfort and mileage ?
3. Is there any Bangalore dealer for Lenso alloys ? and is it reliable compared to maurti alloys ?
Old 1st July 2013, 21:32   #228
BHPian

Guys, Please help !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
I have booked Ritz Zxi (white ) . I am planning to upgrade the rubber and alloys.
I was informed that I will get JK or Bridgestone at 185/70/14. I won't upgrade to wider tyres and also plan to maintain 14.

1. Can I assume that NEO alloys is safer/reliable than maruti ZXi alloy wheels ?
2. Is it useful to upgrade to Yoko/Michelin with same dimensions as OEM ? Will there be any de-gradation in safety, driving comfort and mileage ?
3. Is there any Bangalore dealer for Lenso alloys ? and is it reliable compared to maurti alloys ?
Old 20th August 2013, 17:48   #229
BHPian

In the same boat Hector. Even I picked up my car last week. Need to figure out whether to stick with the JK tyres or upgrade to something better.

Was wondering what are my options? And how much do I have to pay if I exchange it! The usage will be 90% City and 10% Highway!
Old 20th August 2013, 18:10   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
1. OEM alloys are good. Go for aftermarket only if you prefer the designs. Most well known brands are safe.
2. Purely a personal choice. For most people, the difference will not be appreciated. Yoko's and Michelin's both are good tyres. There will be no degradation in comfort and mileage as long as you are sticking to the stock size.
3. Check out the lenso site for details. Lenso alloys are really good. I have 2 sets, both are serving me well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
In the same boat Hector. Even I picked up my car last week. Need to figure out whether to stick with the JK tyres or upgrade to something better.

Was wondering what are my options? And how much do I have to pay if I exchange it! The usage will be 90% City and 10% Highway!
Congratulations on your car. Tyre upgrade is a very personal call. If I were in your place, I wouldn't upgrade since your running is max in the city, where you'll be doing low speeds. Tyre noise, grip etc. at these speeds will never be appreciated. For those 10% highway runs, the JK's should serve you well. They are not the best tyres in the market but they are tough, and should serve you well. Another reason for not upgrading: cost. Tyres are very expensive nowadays.

If however, you want to scratch the itch; You have plenty of options: Michelins (XM2's), Yoko's(A/C drives), MRF's (ZLO/ZVTV), Apollo's (accelere), Goodyears (duraplus), Falken's, Bridgestone's (B250).

Pick any one from these: XM2's, ZLO's, A-drives, Apollo's, and maybe the duraplus.
All of the above are good tyres. Choose which brands you are comfortable with. As far as buybacks are concerned, you have to negotiate with dealers. If you have the time and inclination: find the 2nd hand tyre market in the city (Bombay has one) and go there and negotiate with the shops. You'll get a better price.
Narrow down on your preferences and let us know.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 01:30   #231
Senior - BHPian

What is the correct upsize for the ritz?

185/70R14 or
185/65R14 ?
Old 23rd August 2013, 02:07   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

185/70R14 or
185/65R14 ?
185/70/R14

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:11   #233
BHPian

Quote:

185/70R14 or
185/65R14 ?
It is 185/70 R14

Take a look at this snapshot from Michelin India website and the Tyre upsize calculator from tyrestore.in.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-capture.png  

Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-capture1.png  

mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:37   #234
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, simple_car and mroptimist. Is somebody else facing difficulty in procuring ER60 in 185/70R14 ?
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:56   #235
BHPian

Hector and Creative420 - If you are planning to change your alloys and tyres, I suggest you to go for an upsize.

195/60 R15 is the best upsize for Ritz. I have them on my Ritz VDi and trust me the ride and braking has improved. The car feels more planted.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:23   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
195/60 R15 is the best upsize for Ritz. I have them on my Ritz VDi and trust me the ride and braking has improved. The car feels more planted.
I checked with Sk Wheels Navi-Mumbai and as per their communication 195's will void warranty and isurance claims as this is not the recommended size.

Suggest we stick to 185's and evaluate options within the specified range
Old 23rd August 2013, 21:11   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, simple_car and mroptimist. Is somebody else facing difficulty in procuring ER60 in 185/70R14 ?
ER60 is discontinued in certain sizes (not entirely). My friend and colleague who also happens to own Ritz, recently (6 months ago) upgraded to this size in ER60 and is extremely happy with the upsize compared to stock JKs. If you are finding it difficult to get it you can wait for 2 weeks where Bridgestone will be launching AR20 in many sizes. If you are in a hurry you can go for AR10 which is also a very good tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hector and Creative420 - If you are planning to change your alloys and tyres, I suggest you to go for an upsize.

Both 185/70 R14 and 195/60 R15 are within acceptable limits (not more than 2% difference in circumference from stock). But for 195 you have to upsize to bigger rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
I checked with Sk Wheels Navi-Mumbai and as per their communication 195's will void warranty and insurance claims as this is not the recommended size.

Suggest we stick to 185's and evaluate options within the specified range
If the dealer wants to deny warranty then they can do so for both sizes (Both are within <2% of difference in circumference). There is no such thing as recommended upsize (All sizes with <2% difference in circumference are recommended).
But the gain in ride quality with 195 is not as much compared to 185. So why spend more where the difference is marginal.
My two cents.
Thanks.
Old 24th August 2013, 00:30   #238
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews for the AR20, mroptimist?
Old 24th August 2013, 17:01   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Any reviews for the AR20, mroptimist?
This Tyre is not yet launched but Bridgestone is positioning it above AR10 so I am assuming them to be better than AR10 & ER60.
No first hand experience though.
Old 25th August 2013, 13:11   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
This Tyre is not yet launched but Bridgestone is positioning it above AR10 so I am assuming them to be better than AR10 & ER60.
No first hand experience though.
Thank you. I think ER 60 is the way to go. I dont think I will be taking a chance with the AR20. However it will take 2 more weeks for the ER60 to arrive at my tyre dealer. I will wait in the mean time and see if any reviews for the ER60 comes in the mean time.

AR10 is ready and available in stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks