Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 19:01   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Since Zxi comes with 185/70 R14 as std (alloy size is 5J I guess), it won't take 195 X-section. Moreover, will the 195/70 R14 size fall under 2% error wrt overall wheel dia? Just a suggestion, 195 might be an overkill actually for the Zxi; the stock size is ideal for the power it makes. Change to Yokos or Michelin in the stock size.
Its 2.28%. I am not really sure about the cross section of the Zxi alloys however the wheel wells are pretty huge for sure. Also there are people using 195s with 15 inch rims so was wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Congrats on your new car.. ZXI comes with JK - 185/70/14 tyre size from factory. I suggest you exchange JK with either XM or Bridgestone(ER 60/ AR 20)/ Yoko's. The best upsize for Ritz is 185/70/R14.
I dont think that there are any tyre size of 195/70/R14. What you might be looking for is 195/65/R14 which may scrape your car's wheel well when its is fully loaded.
Thanks alexpaul . There are quite a few options in the market with 195/70/R14. Zxi maybe has wider tyres however the profile is less than the 165s in Lxi/Vxi (165/80/R14) thereby decreasing the comfort level. 195/65 decreases the profile even further. So was looking at 195/70 to increase the profile height and make the ride more comfortable.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 10th September 2014 at 19:08.
Old 8th December 2014, 12:16   #302
BHPian

Have been running my Ritz Vxi with XM1+ (185/70 R14) for the past four and a half years. Recently crossed the 55k mark and planning to change to a new set. XM1+ has served me very well. Excellent performance.
Now for the new set considering XM2 but I would also like to try out Bridgestone (AR20). Any suggestions?
Old 14th December 2014, 23:53   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Have been running my Ritz Vxi with XM1+ (185/70 R14) for the past four and a half years. Recently crossed the 55k mark and planning to change to a new set. XM1+ has served me very well. Excellent performance.
Now for the new set considering XM2 but I would also like to try out Bridgestone (AR20). Any suggestions?
Popular opinion indicates that the XM2 is a safer bet...
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 10:20   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Michelin has a far better ride quality. Bridgestone on the other hand is more durable, will last you longer and can handle more abuse. If your driving involves decent/good roads, go with the Michelins.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 23:05   #305
BHPian

Quote:
My Vxi came with Bridgestones as stock, I was glad as I was expecting a JK! However, coming to the matter at hand. I had an XM2 in my alto would rate it as a good performer in normal road at cruising speeds. However, in roads riddled with potholes and uneveness, I find the bridgestone is much more stable and forgiving on the corners.

I would recommend it if your roads are not all paved.
I have done 20K on this tyre and I believe it will easily last another 20, I hardly notice any wear.In that aspect it matches my XM2s
Dont hear much of a tyre noise (its easier to spot since engine is almost silent), again closer to XM2
Treads are deep and good.

Will have to check my Ritz to see what model it is but you should definetly give it a shot, especially considering michelins are generally pricey.
prasanna.vps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 13:12   #306
BHPian

4.5 years and 60000 kms later, I am thinking of getting new shoes of my Ritz Vxi. The 185/70 R14 XM1+ I bought on second day of delivery is still doing well, however don't want to stretch them further. From the previous a few posts it seems the community recommendation is XM2 now. Any idea about the ballpark prices of them now?

Another question - although I've mostly done 5-tyre rotation, a few times the service station did 4-tyre and sometimes they missed doing any. So 1 tyre seems to be of better health than its siblings. What's the general practice -- should I replace all 5 or keep the healthier one around? In that case future 5-tyre rotation will lead to asymmetric tyres.
Old 8th February 2015, 13:46   #307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
What's the general practice -- should I replace all 5 or keep the healthier one around? In that case future 5-tyre rotation will lead to asymmetric tyres.
My suggestion change all 5 tyres as I see you follow 5-wheel rotation rather the majority 4-wheel.

Otherwise go with 4 new tyres and keep the healthiest as spare and use it ONLY if the there is a flat. Repair the flat tyre ASAP and put the older tyre back in the spare wheel well.

Do go with XM2 thanks to good reviews from members here.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 16:17   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
4.5 years and 60000 kms later, I am thinking of getting new shoes of my Ritz Vxi. The 185/70 R14 XM1+ I bought on second day of delivery is still doing well, however don't want to stretch them further. From the previous a few posts it seems the community recommendation is XM2 now. Any idea about the ballpark prices of them now?

Another question - although I've mostly done 5-tyre rotation, a few times the service station did 4-tyre and sometimes they missed doing any. So 1 tyre seems to be of better health than its siblings. What's the general practice -- should I replace all 5 or keep the healthier one around? In that case future 5-tyre rotation will lead to asymmetric tyres.
My suggestion is to go for 4 tyres and do a 4 wheel rotation. The healthy tyre remains as a spare to be used in case of emergencies for short distances.

The XM2 in 185/70-14 is around 4.6k or so now in Bangalore.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 22:09   #309

Hi,
I have run 46k on my stock jk tornado tyres and I think it's time to change them.
I'm confused about which tyre I should buy.anyway the jk doesn't fair well in handling and comfort.
I need tyres that provide good comfort with decent handling.
Will 195/60/R14 run well in my stock steel rims of Ritz Vxi
Going for michelin xm2 on the existing stock steel rims or an alloy upgrade with a low cost tyre like Bridgestone or mrf will suit my requirement?
What are the better options which I can adopt?
Old 26th March 2015, 22:15   #310

What is the right upsize for my ritz Vxi steel rims?.. I've heard from many sources that 195/60/R14 wont fit the stock steel rims.why is that so?
Can anyone suggest me the right upsize.
I need tyres for that provide good comfort.
What is the difference between Michelin xm1 and xm2?
Old 28th March 2015, 20:20   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahad Najeeb View Post
What is the right upsize for my ritz Vxi steel rims?.. I've heard from many sources that 195/60/R14 wont fit the stock steel rims.why is that so?

I will suggest stick 185 section tyre on steel rims, if you plan to go for alloys then upsize to 195/60/15 .
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 08:27   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahad Najeeb View Post
It is wrong to say 195 section doesn't fit on steel rims. You can stretch it till 205 on stock rims even though its pushing it. I am running 205 60 R14 Yoko AVS dB on stock steel rims. Will be upgrading to alloys soon.
And if its 195 section that you are looking the right upsize is 195/65 R14 and not the one you have mentioned and I will go into stock rims without any issues. I would suggest an alloy wheel upgrade though.
And regarding the last question, XM2 any day they are an improved version of the XM1. The side walls on these were prone to failure. So if its Michelins go for these.
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 07:08   #313
BHPian

Hai fellow Bhp-ians,

My 2012 Ritz Lxi has done 46000 km on stock Bridge stone 165/80 R14 tyres. I think it is time to change her shoes even though I can easily manage another 5000 km with them.

I have decided to go for 185/70 R14 tyres this time. I am on steel rim( not planning for alloys). 10% of my driving involves bad road conditions, so I want a durable,tough tyre which lasts a minimum of 40,000 km.

My confusion is whether to go with

1.Bridge stone Turanza 4600/tyre
2. Appolo Accelere. 4000/ tyre
3.Appolo amazer 4G Don't know the price

I have no experience with appolos. None of my friends use them in their cars. How good are they? Since I have severe budget constraints , I am seriously thinking about appolo amazed...

Any other tyre of the above mentioned size fit my budget ? ( which is 14,000-16000)

Please help me friends
Regards
Old 7th May 2015, 02:58   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Hai fellow Bhp-ians,

My 2012 Ritz Lxi has done 46000 km on stock Bridge stone 165/80 R14 tyres. I think it is time to change her shoes even though I can easily manage another 5000 km with them.

I have decided to go for 185/70 R14 tyres this time. I am on steel rim( not planning for alloys). 10% of my driving involves bad road conditions, so I want a durable,tough tyre which lasts a minimum of 40,000 km.

My confusion is whether to go with

1.Bridge stone Turanza 4600/tyre
2. Appolo Accelere. 4000/ tyre
3.Appolo amazer 4G Don't know the price

I have no experience with appolos. None of my friends use them in their cars. How good are they? Since I have severe budget constraints , I am seriously thinking about appolo amazed...

Any other tyre of the above mentioned size fit my budget ? ( which is 14,000-16000)

Please help me friends
Regards
From the above mentioned options I would pick up the Turanza AR20 in 185/70 14. I would also highly recommend you look at the Michelin Energy XM2. Yes they do have soft side walls, but they will definitely last if you take good care of them. IIRC they are priced at 4700/- a piece. Well worth the money I say. They are supremely comfortable, grip well and are reliable too.
Old 9th May 2015, 08:31   #315
BHPian

Thank you so much for your reply Aswin.

My concern about tyres with soft side wall is their durability in kerala roads. Otherwise I would have picked up Michelin XM2 over Bridgestone Turanza.

Regarding Appolo Accelere, I got mixed opinion from dealers. Some of them said Accelere is value for money. But in general they won't be as reliable as Turanza.

Regards

Most Viewed