Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 12:31   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
Hi BoneCollector,

I recommend that you upgrade size i.e 185/70/R14. Your existing rims should be okay. I switched to this tyre size on my car from the day one & I have no reasons to complain. They offer much better grip & car feel more planted. There should be negligible effect on the fuel efficiency. I consistently get around 16.5 kmpl with AC on normal city run.
Thanks. Is yours also a VXi? Did you upsize on existing VXi rims? Which brand you are using? Is it possible to use old size tyre as spare? Will it trouble?
Old 24th April 2016, 12:39   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Thanks. Is yours also a VXi? Did you upsize on existing VXi rims? Which brand you are using? Is it possible to use old size tyre as spare? Will it trouble?
Mine is a LXI. I switched to Yoko A Drive with new Paletti Alloys. I continue to use 165/80/R14 tyre as my spare tyre. The Tyre Dealer recommended it & I have experienced no issues.
Old 4th May 2016, 10:21   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

One more question, will going for upsize lead to lesser ground clearance?
Old 13th May 2016, 12:16   #349
BHPian

Upgraded my Ritz VXi Genus(165/80/R14) Bridgestone's to Yokohama Earth (185/70/R14) from Mobile Tyre Tech(Kammanahalli Main road, A Yokohama Club Outlet) for 4k a piece.
I retained the earlier Front Left Tyre as the Stepney. The existing stepney had a tube in it :P

They charged me an extra 350 Rs per valve for each tyre and filled up Nitrogen and Wheel Alignment and Balancing for Free.
Checked the tyres and they were Jan 2016 manufactured so it should be fine.
Saw some delicious alloys but they were priced at 24 k for a set of 4 (a bit too steep IMO) so had to let go.
The Bridgestone's were 5 years and 49k kms old.Served me well.

The new tyres are definitely more grippy around corners and are silent.Lets see how they fare in the long run.
Old 14th May 2016, 08:21   #350
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
They charged me an extra 350 Rs per valve for each tyre and filled up Nitrogen and Wheel Alignment and Balancing for Free.

Is this the tubeless tyre valve? Rs 350 per valve is too much. Yesterday my colleague changed his Alto's tyres from MRF to Bridgestone and during this changeover they replaced all 4 valves and he was charged Rs 400 for 4 valves.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 09:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Is this the tubeless tyre valve? Rs 350 per valve is too much. Yesterday my colleague changed his Alto's tyres from MRF to Bridgestone and during this changeover they replaced all 4 valves and he was charged Rs 400 for 4 valves.
Yes, The tubeless tyre valve.Even, I felt it was a bit too much but they said it's a German make and blah blah to convince me, I gave up thinking that may be they are 'adjusting' the price of balancing, alignment and nitrogen filling with this.

He had a R1 Parked in his shop and was buying 2 bottles of JW black label from a salesman when the tyres were getting changed. Some Swag!!!
Old 14th May 2016, 10:15   #352
BANNED

Quote:
I gave up thinking that may be they are 'adjusting' the price of balancing, alignment and nitrogen filling with this!!!
That's right. You have answered it.

350 x 4 = 1400 (If the price for valves is considered as 100 each, deduce 400 so the price you paid extra is 1000). On an average price for Alignment, Balancing is 600. So that have made profit of 400 approximately.

When my friend paid 100 per valve, I made a fuss but this is Daylight Robbery!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 11:19   #353
BHPian

Quote:

350 x 4 = 1400 (If the price for valves is considered as 100 each, deduce 400 so the price you paid extra is 1000). On an average price for Alignment, Balancing is 600. So that have made profit of 400 approximately.

Quote:
Yes, The tubeless tyre valve.Even, I felt it was a bit too much but they said it's a German make and blah blah to convince me, I gave up thinking that may be they are 'adjusting' the price of balancing, alignment and nitrogen filling with this.

He had a R1 Parked in his shop and was buying 2 bottles of JW black label from a salesman when the tyres were getting changed. Some Swag!!!
Totally agree. He has taken you for a ride it seems. I recently changed my tyres to Conti CC5 at a renowned Tyre Shop in Pune. And he gave 4 Wonder Brand Valves free. He did charge for the Balancing Weights though. Try talking to them if possible.
Old 16th May 2016, 19:23   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Totally agree. He has taken you for a ride it seems. Try talking to them if possible.
Quote:

Will try and speak to him, probably a coupon for next alignment/balancing
Old 1st June 2016, 11:37   #355
BHPian

What is the ideal pressure that I should be maintaining in the tyre.
While getting the tyres replaced to Yokohama Earth (185/70/R14), the pressure was set to 33 psi and I feel it to be a bit bouncy.
The Ritz Tyre pressure sticker mentions 29 psi for the 185/70/R14(Standard ZXI size)
Old 1st June 2016, 12:19   #356
BHPian

Quote:
What is the ideal pressure that I should be maintaining in the tyre.
While getting the tyres replaced to Yokohama Earth (185/70/R14), the pressure was set to 33 psi and I feel it to be a bit bouncy.
The Ritz Tyre pressure sticker mentions 29 psi for the 185/70/R14(Standard ZXI size)
I think for 185/70 R14, the recomended pressure is 32 in Front and 29 in Rear. I use the same in my Ritz. Recently, after switching to Conti CC5, i fill 30 psi Nitrogen in all 4 Tyres. Ride is smooth with it.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 15:14   #357
Senior - BHPian

I have completed 5 years and 40k kms on my Ritz VDi stock tyres. I intend to keep the car for 3 more years and so do not want to go for a pricey set of tyres. I see so many recommendations so am confused at whats the best value going around for 185/70 set of 4 for my car? I stay at Navi Mumbai so would also appreciate any well know team bhp recommended shop to go to.

Thanks in advance
Old 28th July 2016, 12:41   #358
BHPian

My Ritz VXI will be celebrating its 6th birthday soon, and I'm in the lookout for a new set of tyres. The stock tyres have behaved really well, and I've clocked 70k kms. I'm planning to buy 5 tyres.

I'm a newbie when it comes to tyres, and hence would need your inputs. I went through this thread completely, and have the following queries:
1) 185/70/R14 is the best when it comes for tyre upgrade. Is that right?

2) My usage is mainly in Bangalore city (filled with potholes and uneven roads) 90% of the time, and highway drives once in a while.

3) I've seen the following tyres being mentioned in this thread. Which among these would be ideal for my usage, considering 90% of the drive would be in Bangalore city.
Apollo Accelere
Apollo Alnac 4G
Apollo Amazer 3G
Bridgestone B250
Bridgestone Turanza ER60
Michelin XM1+
Michelin XM2
MRF ZLO
MRF ZV2K
Yokohama A drive
Yokohama Earth

4) Approximate cost

5) Please recommend a good dealer where I can get them installed

6) Wheel alignment, nitrogen filling to be done after installation. What else to be done?
Old 11th August 2016, 15:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

Finally got new shoes for my 2011 Ritz VDi. Went for Apollo Amazer 3G maxx in 185/70 size. Got a great package deal for 13800 all inclusive for 4 nos along with weights/balancing and alignment.

The immediate positives that I see are far better composure at high speeds (100 kmph and above), less body roll and most importantly no difference in steering effort.
Old 13th August 2016, 11:23   #360
BHPian

Can someone suggest tyre upgrade for my Ritz Zxi? The current set has run about 20k and they all been punctured multiple times courtesy the puncture mafia on out ring road I guess. Also, the current JK vectras don't offer the same smoothness as it does with Michelins on my friends Ritz. What I am looking for is something durable and affordable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks