Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2018, 21:23   #391
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha8253 View Post
Hi Team,
I drive Ritz VXi (2012) with mileage of 37,000Kms. currently running with stock JK Tyres. Now I am planning to upgrade it to 185/70/R14 with alloys. Can anyone please suggest good Tyre & Alloy dealer in Bangalore please.
You can either go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1 tyres both are equally good compared to road sense and ground noise. However what I have seen is the side profile of Yokohama is bit softer and could break in case you get the tires on any sharp surfaces.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 10:53   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
You can either go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth1 tyres both are equally good compared to road sense and ground noise. However what I have seen is the side profile of Yokohama is bit softer and could break in case you get the tires on any sharp surfaces.
Thanks Badri for your valuable suggestion. Also I would request if you know any good tyre & alloy dealer in Bangalore.
Old 18th July 2018, 12:19   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...any good tyre & alloy dealer in Bangalore.
You will find the details in the Directory section of the forum. Go through the same and you will be able to zero in on the ones that are most convenient for you.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:13   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Badri for your valuable suggestion. Also I would request if you know any good tyre & alloy dealer in Bangalore.
I would suggest you to reach out to Madhu's at Langford road. You can go through their thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:45   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Using Earth 1 on my Ritz from Oct 2017 and I don't feel that the sidewalls are soft, its quite rugged. (90% of my ride is through rural roads)
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 02:28   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Using Earth 1 on my Ritz from Oct 2017 and I don't feel that the sidewalls are soft, its quite rugged. (90% of my ride is through rural roads)
I was planning to change to Yokohama Earth-1 yesterday. But, the dealer discouraged me, telling that present Yoko E-1's are manufactured in India and are of no good quality. He is offering the tyres for Rs3850 for 185/70/R14. I'm really confused whether to go for Earth-1 or not. Another option is Michelin XM2 which costs Rs4600 for the same size. But, savings some money, when you're changing all the 4 tyres.
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:39   #397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I was planning to change to Yokohama Earth-1 yesterday. But, the dealer discouraged me, telling that present Yoko E-1's are manufactured in India and are of no good quality. He is offering the tyres for Rs3850 for 185/70/R14. I'm really confused whether to go for Earth-1 or not. Another option is Michelin XM2 which costs Rs4600 for the same size. But, savings some money, when you're changing all the 4 tyres.
Which dealer?

Ask the dealer to be specific and ask the 'why'...Seems to be like that he is bluffing because of low commission or stock.

Last edited by mithun : 3rd August 2018 at 10:40.
Old 3rd August 2018, 22:00   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Which dealer?

Ask the dealer to be specific and ask the 'why'...Seems to be like that he is bluffing because of low commission or stock.
What he said is, Earth-1 manufactured in India are having quality issues. Dealer is Popular tyres, Muvattupuzha. There is another big tyre shop here, let me check there views also.
Old 20th August 2018, 00:26   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,
I drive Ritz VXi (2012) with mileage of 37,000Kms. currently running with stock JK Tyres. Now I am planning to upgrade it to 185/70/R14 with alloys. Can anyone please suggest good Tyre & Alloy dealer in Bangalore please.
With 14 inch I did not find many alloys with an offset close to the OEM values.
OEM offset is "ET 45" Most alloys in 14 inch are with offset below "ET 30"

So i upsized to 15 inch where you get more options and I was able to find one with good design and an offset of "ET 38"

You may use this site to find the best upsize with minimal side-effects including those from offsets.
automobilophile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 08:36   #400
Senior - BHPian

Replaced all the tyres with Michelin XM2 185/70/R14 and it is nice!. Only complaint is, I think the dealer has charged a little high for the tyres. It costed Rs 19000 for 4 tyres. I believe, XM2 are available for Rs4500 or even less.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 23:06   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Replaced all the tyres with Michelin XM2 185/70/R14 and it is nice!. Only complaint is, I think the dealer has charged a little high for the tyres. It costed Rs 19000 for 4 tyres. I believe, XM2 are available for Rs4500 or even less.
Can you please let me know if you used the same steel rims for those tyres or you bought alloys ?

My Ritz Vdi has run for 1.13 Lakh Kms and the Car is 6 years old. I have not changed the steel rims that was factory fitted. Hence I am thinking if I should buy new rims when I buy the Michelin XM2.

How have been the ride quality till now ?
Old 10th January 2019, 22:55   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
Can you please let me know if you used the same steel rims for those tyres or you bought alloys ?

My Ritz Vdi has run for 1.13 Lakh Kms and the Car is 6 years old. I have not changed the steel rims that was factory fitted. Hence I am thinking if I should buy new rims when I buy the Michelin XM2.

How have been the ride quality till now ?
I am using the original rims as it is still good. Michelin XM2 ride quality and stability is way better. Please mind that the tyre size I'm using is 185/70/R14 and not the original one.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 23:03   #403
BHPian

Quote:
I am using the original rims as it is still good. Michelin XM2 ride quality and stability is way better. Please mind that the tyre size I'm using is 185/70/R14 and not the original one.
Hi

Thanks for your clarification. I have the same wish to upgrade my tyre size since the body roll with the existing puny tires is too high at the corner turns and U turns.

Anish
Old 8th March 2019, 14:52   #404
BHPian

Hi TBhp!

We have a 2010 Ritz VXi without ABS with 78k on the odo. I have driven the car only with Bridgestone B250s and they have clocked more than 40k km. The tyres are almost completely worn out with maybe 15 to 20% tread remaining. And the front tyres are way more worn out than the rear ones. I can also feel that the car loses grip quite easily on corners and even during hard braking from speeds less than 50kmph. So can you guys suggest what set of new shoes to get for our beloved Ritz? We don't plan on selling the car anytime soon. She's currently on a 165 and I'm thinking of upgrading to 185s.

The first priority is safety, since we do the have ABS in our car and I don't want her to lock up her wheels every now and then. Had near death experiences twice because of this on our trip to Dhanushkodi that I've written in detail here. So I definitely don't want to compromise on safety. Most of our usage will be on highways with almost no city usage.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...i-friends.html (A journey to Dhanushkodi with friends)
Old 16th August 2019, 12:11   #405
BHPian

My dad is looking to change the OEM tyres (JKs) on his 2014 model ZXi with mileage of ~30k kms. Mainly considering the Yokohama Earth-1s right now, seeing how fellow BHPians are happy with the same. He is, however, looking at other options as well. Has anyone used Apollo Alnac 4G, Amazer 4G Life, Goodyear Assurance Duraplus or MRF ZV2Ks. How does these tyres compare with the Earth-1s?

He is a sedate driver, mainly driving in city conditions with very rare highway outings. So not looking for high performance tyres. A good balance of comfort, quality and affordability are the main criteria.

In addition, can someone recommend a good tyre shop in Trivandrum, please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks