Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Ritz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/60689-maruti-suzuki-ritz-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread.html)

Folks,

I am posting this question here to get some attention and advice from experts. Due to the toll boy design and smaller tyre size (165/80 R14) Ritz has considerable body roll in corners. I would like to upsize the tyres upon delivery, please suggest a good Tyre.

Thanks Experts.

Go in for 185/70 R14, should be a good upgrade.

And go in for Michelin or Yoko. They will be much better than the crap JKs that come with your car.

Guys,

My father-in-law will be booking a silver Ritz LXI next week and I have convinced him to upsize to the ZXI's 185/70/14s.

He has a usage of 10% city (Kolkata), 60% country roads/lanes (paved but with broken/damaged shoulders) and 30% highway (to-and-fro Kolkata; good roads with top speeds of around 80 km/hr).

My question is which brand to go for given the usage above and a strict budget? If it was my choice, I would unhesitatingly go for Michelins or Yokos! What do I advise him? Overall, he has had a bad experience with tubed JKs (blowout, early wear) but is happy with the current tubed MRFs on his Santro 1.0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1357640)
And go in for Michelin or Yoko. They will be much better than the crap JKs that come with your car.

He can go for the Michelins. They have been pretty hardy so far. He can also think of the BS Er60s or the Yoko A drives. All these have proven their worth on Indian roads.

Among these three, anything is ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1358474)
He can go for the Michelins. They have been pretty hardy so far. He can also think of the BS Er60s or the Yoko A drives. All these have proven their worth on Indian roads.

Among these three, anything is ok.

Thanks. Any idea about the price?

I will be changing to Yoko A drive (185/70 R14) which costs around Rs3400/- per tyre. Stock tyres would fetch 1300*4. Should i also change spare tyre?

Ideally, you should change all 5. However, if you dont want to spend the extra money, change only 4.

I suggest you change all 5.

Where did you enquire regarding the price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1362491)
Ideally, you should change all 5. However, if you dont want to spend the extra money, change only 4.

I suggest you change all 5.

Where did you enquire regarding the price?

At the dealership, Bharath Auto cars, Mangalore. Yes, I will change all 5.

The deal didn't go well at Mangalore. I am looking for a better option at Bangalore this time. What would be the best price of XM1+ or Turanza?

Thanks

F2M - You should be enquiring at the local dealers in Bangalore rather then here.

Changed to Michelin XM1+, it is absolutely stunning. Zero road noise at speeds, great handling and nice looks! Thanks for your suggestions folks!

are u people suggesting to put the ZXI's 185/70/14s to same steel rim of VXI.is it possible. whether the dealer will take back the old tyres of vxi back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funda2max (Post 1377725)
Changed to Michelin XM1+, it is absolutely stunning. Zero road noise at speeds, great handling and nice looks! Thanks for your suggestions folks!

Can u please tell me whether u upgraded the tyres on the same steel rim or u purchased new alloy wheels.what u did with your stock wheels & rim which u got along with the car.please quote how much did u spend for 5 michelin tyres (any other option instead of michelin)and if u got a set 0f 5 alloy wheels please quote that also.If possible can u put a snap of the car showing the wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pullikutty (Post 1390294)
Can u please tell me whether u upgraded the tyres on the same steel rim or u purchased new alloy wheels.what u did with your stock wheels & rim which u got along with the car.please quote how much did u spend for 5 michelin tyres (any other option instead of michelin)and if u got a set 0f 5 alloy wheels please quote that also.If possible can u put a snap of the car showing the wheels.

I had given away the stock wheels and rims. I got everything around 33K (5 tyres + 5 alloy wheels). You can check this link and here