Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2005, 19:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
You wanna chage tyres- Get the Michelin Certis!!!!!!!
I have had them on my Matiz (as replacemnt)
and then on my Baleno- (rolled out of showroom, staight to the tyre dealer!!)

My Matiz top speed went up from 130 to 140 straight, due to the reduced rolling resistance
so expect some marginal FE improvement
Its a case of one Revv living the same life like the other. Had a Matiz (read in Long term reports). Strange enough even my car ran on Certis (155/70 R13) when the time for replacement came up. Excellent in road holding terms. Yes, i experienced the same reduced rolling resistance... but it was more a case of feeling than actually seeing the change on the clock.

Revv
Old 24th June 2005, 23:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup10
hey stryker, why 175/70 and not 185/70 ???
170 is i guess not the ideal upsize for baleno.
184/70 is the ideal upsize for Baleno
Old 25th June 2005, 11:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

175/70 will be smaller in size and the ride height will reduce by 165*.8-175*.7 = around 10 mm or one centimeter...be prepared to scrape more breakers...if you want wider tyres..go for 185*70 R 13 on same rims or 185*65 R 14 on 14 inch rims

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2005 at 14:55.
Old 29th June 2005, 08:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
Its a case of one Revv living the same life like the other. Had a Matiz (read in Long term reports). Strange enough even my car ran on Certis (155/70 R13) when the time for replacement came up. Excellent in road holding terms. Yes, i experienced the same reduced rolling resistance... but it was more a case of feeling than actually seeing the change on the clock.

Revv
Well what happened is that the day after the change,
after making sure everything was oK, i had to head up to pune,
so the difference was immediately noticeable on the Expwy, where i was surprised (pleasantly) to be going faster./

And as far as the ride comfort was concerned, it was as though i had done a suspension Job!!
I picked up my Dad in Pune and he immediately notices as well
The handling did improve too, but my original bridgestones were pretty good handling themselves!
Well, actually i guess its coz the Matiz handles like a dream itself to start with, as far as small cars go.

Yup nd i too had upsized to 155's.
Old 30th June 2005, 16:11   #65
BHPian

Hey guys i'm gonna be spending about 10k for a free flow and around 8k for interior work.....so i'm left with a budget of around 19-20k for tyres...

now mags will cost me like 12k...so i get 8k for tyres which ones would you'll suggest?

though i can get goodyear eagles i heard they make a racket so any other ones you'll would suggest? its not that i need tubeless only...suggestions please?????
Old 30th June 2005, 16:36   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116
Hey guys i'm gonna be spending about 10k for a free flow
I hope you are aware that you will lose warranty on the exhaust system and even engine once you install free flow.

Quote:
now mags will cost me like 12k...
Actually mags (Magnesium alloy) would cost couple of lakhs I think, unless you are referring to cast aluminium alloys as mags like some people do.

Quote:
though i can get goodyear eagles i heard they make a racket so any other ones you'll would suggest? its not that i need tubeless only...suggestions please?????
I have Yokohamas, I feel they are quite noisefree, but then I always drive with my windows closed.
Old 30th June 2005, 17:02   #67
BHPian

i'm looking for a used car so it does'nt make a difference to me...did free flow to my earlier Cielo..just loved the change from stock to heard and noticed...

ya i meant allows but since many people refer to them as mags i thought of doing so too...

and how much did they cost u? do they have good looks?? (i mean slightly low profile and bulky)

Last edited by speedfreak7116 : 30th June 2005 at 17:04.
Old 30th June 2005, 17:14   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and how much did they cost u? do they have good looks?? (i mean slightly low profile and bulky)
My wheels look like this.

You can checkout my car test drive review.
Old 30th June 2005, 18:47   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
My wheels look like this.

You can checkout my car test drive review.
Hello Samurai,

From the picture, that looks like the right front wheel (since it is turned at a slight angle to the body, it is a steered wheel). In that case, those look like unidirectional tires, but are rotating in the wrong direction. Correct me if I am wrong on this!
Old 30th June 2005, 18:57   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob
Hello Samurai,

From the picture, that looks like the right front wheel (since it is turned at a slight angle to the body, it is a steered wheel). In that case, those look like unidirectional tires, but are rotating in the wrong direction. Correct me if I am wrong on this!
Actually it is the left front wheel turned to the right, the photo is taken from the left side of the car, you are looking at the wheel from the back. That explains the A pattern.
Old 30th June 2005, 19:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Actually it is the left front wheel turned to the right, the photo is taken from the left side of the car, you are looking at the wheel from the back. That explains the A pattern.
Ah ok, I gotcha! Now that I look at the picture closely, I see the mudflap, which obviously makes it the LEFT front wheel!
Old 2nd July 2005, 14:00   #72
BHPian

hey samurai really neat tyres but...no offence...i already had similar ones on my cielo so I'm looking for something a little more low-profile...

By the way if u hang out at LCD u might occassionally see a navy blue cielo with white alloys and similar tyres....its got two sports mufflers which gets it noticed due to the sound...its also got a double GT wing with silver ends...reg. number is KA 28 M 1447....

u wont believe me with 6 of us in the car (when it was stock) the max i touched was 150 but after getting the mufflers i touched 165 with 8 of us!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2nd July 2005, 14:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so I'm looking for something a little more low-profile...
For that, you'll have to go in for 15" wheels. 195/55 R15 or 205/50 R15 but, i don't think that would be good for the suspension.

Quote:
u wont believe me with 6 of us in the car (when it was stock) the max i touched was 150 but after getting the mufflers i touched 165 with 8 of us!!!!!!!!!!
Don't mean to be rude but, driving a 5 seater at 165kmph with 8 people onboard isn't something to be proud of. Your suspension and tyre come with a limited load rating. With 8 people in the car, you were definately outisde the safe zone.

Don't ever do that again!!!

And if you try that with the low profile tyres yo're looking for, you're just increases the chances of a disaster. Low profile tyres come with higher speed ratings but at the cost of a reduced load rating.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 2nd July 2005 at 22:47.
Old 2nd July 2005, 22:40   #74
BHPian

I'm looking for somethin similar to the goodyear eagles or the pilot preceda...thats low pro enough for me....I'm not taling about those really low profiles which look like some rubber's been wrapped on the alloys...he he he

My cousin said he'd get me some good Dunlops from Chennai....but i heard the company closed in India? Even then would that be a good option?

About the 8 guys in the cielo I know it was really dangerous but sometimes with friends u kinda get carried away and push the car beyond its limits....but it was NH-7 and the road was really good with 4 really wide and smooth lanes....

U're the moderator so i would'nt wana argue i'll just think of your words when i'm with friends in the car again and keep it within safety limits....

The suspensions were done up...actually my dad had got some really neat ones from london coz we usually used the car for family use and it used to get loaded and we needed some really good suspensions to carry the weight....and the rims were literally welded to the axle coz we could'nt get longer bolts which were toughened from anywhere..tried gettin them made but they melted due to the heat...

Last edited by speedfreak7116 : 2nd July 2005 at 22:46. Reason: small additions
Old 2nd July 2005, 22:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

So, what tyre size do you have on your car right now? 195/60 R14?

If the rims is welded to the rotor, how do you plan to go in for low profile? Cos if you wanna go for 50 or 55, you will need to get 15" wheels (unless your car already has 15" ones).
Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks