Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 11:21   #1
BHPian

3300Km old Yoko ADrives side wall gave away.

I bought this set of tyres about 2 months ago. The car in question is Swift. Woke up today morning just be informed by my domestic help that one of the car tyre is flat. Took it off and took it to my nearby petrol pump. The guy pumped in air and told me that the side wall had bulged and then busted. There is a very small c shaped cut which i could see.

Totally upset as of now. Is this covered under the warrenty/gurantee of the tyre. The tyre size is 195/55/R15 and was bought from Bk tyres Delhi.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Can you post a pic of the damaged tire?
Old 14th July 2009, 12:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats quite a low profile. Most probably damaged while driving over a pothole or something similar.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:26   #4
BHPian

Sorry the profile is 195/60/R 15 which is considered to be a correct upsize. Also the car is new hence i haven't taken it out of the city roads yet(which are excellent here in Noida).

Will post a pic soon.

But you guys still haven't answered my question. What kind of warranty/guarantee is there in Yoko A Drives.

Last edited by Switch : 14th July 2009 at 12:45.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Contact BK Tyres, they'll forward your concern to Yokohama.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Would be really good if you can post a pic. Also, was the tyre inflated correctly? And I mean correctly... not with bunk/puncture shack faulty gauges.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I bought this set of tyres about 2 months ago. The car in question is Swift. Woke up today morning just be informed by my domestic help that one of the car tyre is flat. Took it off and took it to my nearby petrol pump. The guy pumped in air and told me that the side wall had bulged and then busted. There is a very small c shaped cut which i could see.

Totally upset as of now. Is this covered under the warrenty/gurantee of the tyre. The tyre size is 195/55/R15 and was bought from Bk tyres Delhi.
sad to know that...especially on yoko...

Did you drive the car on a punctured or less inflated tyre knowingly or unknowingly ?

Tyre warranties that come from Michelin, Yoko usually ranges from 3-5 years that covers air bubble, side wall bulge/cracks etc...so go for the warrranty and get them replaced. 3300 Kms is nothing as compared to the overall life time it should run
Old 16th July 2009, 00:47   #8
BHPian

Well BK Tyres as in Mr. Jitesh declined the warranty saying that i should have gotten the Tyre when it was just the air-bubble. Now when its cracked he can't entertain the warranty.

I did one mistake when i bought these tires. I didn't take the bill as it was almost 8:30 and i had to leave for my home. But i did call up BK tires informing them that i have forgot to get the bill from them. Mr. Jitesh promised that he would make the bill and i call collect it next time i am there, but yesterday when i asked him for the bill he declined saying that his bill book is with his accountant and he will pass me the bill next time i go to him. I know my mistake.

Nevermind, i got my tyre fixed from a local shop in Noida(He did a cold patch as what he called it and reversed the tire on the alloy) and i am getting that bill even if i have to travel specially to latpatnagar for that. There are three more tires in my car and i think without a bill i cant really get in touch with yokohama directly now can i.
Old 16th July 2009, 00:58   #9
BHPian

same thing happened to my A-drives as well. the side wall tore up. the dealer flatly declined to entertain the warranty. said it tyre warranty is only entertained for manufacturing defects, if any, crop up. i had to put in a tyre tube.
really regretted my decision to go in for B&W tyres. i bought these tyres for 3400/- per tyre and a friend of mine got MY01s (non B&W) for 2700/- a piece.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well BK Tyres as in Mr. Jitesh declined the warranty saying that i should have gotten the Tyre when it was just the air-bubble. Now when its cracked he can't entertain the warranty.

I did one mistake when i bought these tires. I didn't take the bill as it was almost 8:30 and i had to leave for my home. But i did call up BK tires informing them that i have forgot to get the bill from them. Mr. Jitesh promised that he would make the bill and i call collect it next time i am there, but yesterday when i asked him for the bill he declined saying that his bill book is with his accountant and he will pass me the bill next time i go to him. I know my mistake.

Nevermind, i got my tyre fixed from a local shop in Noida(He did a cold patch as what he called it and reversed the tire on the alloy) and i am getting that bill even if i have to travel specially to latpatnagar for that. There are three more tires in my car and i think without a bill i cant really get in touch with yokohama directly now can i.

I think you should still try and talk to Yoko directly and at least have them check out the tyre. Give Rahulkool (Rahul on TE) a buzz, he has a few yoko contacts and give it a shot.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

First mistake: Not getting the bill.

Second mistake: Not noticing the bulge on the sidewall. No company will entertain a claim for that. Sorry, but it's your bad luck.

Third and biggest mistake: Trying to run that tyre with a patch on the inside of it on your car. Get rid of that immediately. Your life is not worth 3.4k. Use that repaired tyre purely as a spare.
To be used in emergencies at slow speeds.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

please put a picture for clear picture of the crack. it is not advisable to put your life on a repaired tubeless. change the tyre, forget the issue, be watchful in the future and move on.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Second mistake: Not noticing the bulge on the sidewall. No company will entertain a claim for that.
Nikhil I think the 'bulge' theory came into play at the petrol bunk end. He must've already nicked the tyre when it was parked for the night. Hence the deflation. If there was a only a bulge air wouldn't have leaked. The petrol bunk guy must have played tyre expert and told him it's burst after bulging.

Switch like Nikhil rightly said, get a new tyre and use this one as the spare.
Old 16th July 2009, 11:35   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Switc, I'd rather say either you either escalate the matter to YOKO and get a replacement or get it yourself, dont retain the "patched" tyres. Spending another Rs 3400 would be the safe bet to prevent another ordeal.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Switc, I'd rather say either you either escalate the matter to YOKO and get a replacement.
s3va since the tire has already been repaired there is no chance of any 'replacement' now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks