Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 13:58   #241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
thanks a lot. So i guess the best bet should be cpc2.

What about the C drives? are they available here and how much do they cost.

And is xm1+ available in that size?
i have c-drives on my car. they seem to have improved the ride a bit with reduced road noise. havent pushed my car yet so cant comment on grip, but ive had them on my innova and they are very good.
Old 29th June 2010, 19:21   #242
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Would tell him to go for conti's or C drives depending on which one he likes.

Nikhil: I loved the thread pattern of the c-drives. How do you rate these tyres. Are they good ones. ANy specific complaints due to its comfort orientation or otherwise? Which one would you suggest among both.
Old 30th June 2010, 03:15   #243
BHPian

Tyres , Tyres & More Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thanks guys. Would tell him to go for conti's or C drives depending on which one he likes.

Hi Gemi,
Welcome to the forum ..
Firstly Nikhil is spot on C drives Value for Money ^
I had a word with a closely known YOkohomo Dealers , inquired about
Adrive which again made up of material and offers abit of stiffness
when compared with EnergyXM1's or Primacy LC from Michelin

He suggested either ride on a Adrive R1 or Cdrive would be rewarding which lasts and is also budgeted well under against Michelin's

Perhaps you can also check & see for Goodyear eagle F1 for availability

Regards
TND

Last edited by torqueyTND : 30th June 2010 at 03:17. Reason: Additions
Old 28th August 2010, 11:04   #244
BHPian

Hi All,

I need expert inputs from all of you for me to decide on Alloy/Tyres for my Punto MJD Emotion.

I have booked my Punto last week and is expected to come in 3 to 4 weeks. The Emotion variant comes with 175/70 R 14 which will be Bridgestone B250 on a steel rim. My usage will be daily commute to office and back, weekend short trips and one long trip in every two months. I am not willing to go for alloys immediately as I will be bit short of cash, so I need advice on upsizing the tyres.

Option 1: Should I go upsizing the tyres alone initially which will be 185/70 R 14 (Michelin/Conti/Yoko/Bridgestone) in the same steel rim and switch to alloys later stage. Also would like to know whether 14" alloys are available with 98 PCD.

Option 2: Should I run with stock tyres and steel rim for sometime and then go for upsizing both with 15" alloys with 195/60 R 15 tyres at a later stage. In that case should the stock tyres are good enough for road grip, comfort, noise levels and how it is responds to brakes as this car comes with ABS. Punto Emotion owners can you please guide me.

In case of Option 2, would the warranty be void.

Thanks
Old 28th August 2010, 12:44   #245

IMO, go for the second option, i drive a punto emotion myself and the 14 inchers don't do justice to the punto. Also, i've driven my friends punto with pete's and k&n and after market 15 inch 98 pcd alloys and michelin primacy lc (195/60) and boy the grip, the road noise reduction, the cornering is awesome, the performance is equally good in both dry and wet conditions!
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:04   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fink_ployd View Post
IMO, go for the second option, i drive a punto emotion myself and the 14 inchers don't do justice to the punto. Also, i've driven my friends punto with pete's and k&n and after market 15 inch 98 pcd alloys and michelin primacy lc (195/60) and boy the grip, the road noise reduction, the cornering is awesome, the performance is equally good in both dry and wet conditions!

Mate ... just an update your friends 15 inchers with 195/60 is
not the recommended fit when considering any aftermarket alloys (again 98pcd is recommended),
the most accurate aftermarket sizes available
would be 195/65 R15 irrespective the tyres .

Only OEM Fiat alloys corresponds with 98 pcd at 195/60 R15 profile on E+ segment

Cheers
TND

Last edited by torqueyTND : 2nd November 2010 at 21:06. Reason: typo
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:21   #247
Senior - BHPian

T-Jets stock 16" Alloys and Tyres directly into Punto 90 HP

Dear Folks,

Is it possible to fit T-Jets stock 16" Alloys and Tyres directly into Punto 90 HP without any alteration?

How much it will cost for T-Jet Alloys and Tyres (both set of 5)?
Do they start selling Linea T-Jet Alloys as accessories?

Do 205 Wide tyre touches inner wall of wheel well while turning and negotiating bumps?

Do the 16" spare Rim and tyre fit into Spare wheel well with out any alteration?

How much will be the speedo error? I guess it is 2.5%. How bad is this for the car?

Do Punto 90HP too gain 170 or more GC by putting stock T-Jet rims and tyres?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinu
Old 4th November 2010, 09:37   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Folks,

Is it possible to fit T-Jets stock 16" Alloys and Tyres directly into Punto 90 HP without any alteration?

How much it will cost for T-Jet Alloys and Tyres (both set of 5)?
Do they start selling Linea T-Jet Alloys as accessories?

Do 205 Wide tyre touches inner wall of wheel well while turning and negotiating bumps?

Do the 16" spare Rim and tyre fit into Spare wheel well with out any alteration?

How much will be the speedo error? I guess it is 2.5%. How bad is this for the car?

Do Punto 90HP too gain 170 or more GC by putting stock T-Jet rims and tyres?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinu

Vinu ,

Well i dont see any specific reason to hose in 16 inchers for punto 90 variant ...firstly if its asthetics or performance ?
Like to let you know the handling will be compromised if doing a +1 upgrade
i am only assuming that the stock size on punto 90 to be 15 inchers
you havnt posted the stock wheel dimension as well the profile of alloys+rubber...

Again ... stick to anything stock wont do any harm to ride and handling.
anything FIAT branded shouldnt do uninvited harm thereof...

Check Michelin India's 16 inch profile as below
205/55R16 -- Primacy HP (New tyres)

TND

Last edited by torqueyTND : 4th November 2010 at 09:40. Reason: typos
Old 4th November 2010, 12:20   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
Vinu ,

Well i dont see any specific reason to hose in 16 inchers for punto 90 variant ...firstly if its asthetics or performance ?

TND
Thank you very much for your response to my query.

I am looking for this upgrade for aesthetics & performance purpose.

But confused on your statement "handling will be compromised if doing a +1 upgrade". Check the following spec of Punto 90 HP and Linea NA/T-jet/T-Jet Plus

Punto 90HP Wheel Spec - 195/60 R 15

Linea NA/T-Jet Wheel Spec - 195/60 R15

Linea T-Jet Plus Wheel Spec - 205/55 R16

The same Linea T-Jet Plus with +1 upgrade is an awesome handler and rider as per GTO's review. How's that possible.

The same prompt me (actually my friend who recently booked 90 HP) to think of Tyre/Alloy upgrade. T-Jet Plus' Alloys are mind blowing one.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 4th November 2010, 12:38   #250
BANNED

Guys any place in Delhi where I can source 16 inch 98 PCD alloys for my friend's Punto 90 HP??? One of the dealer said that 100 PCD will do just fine and is offering 8-9 k's for original alloys which are scratchless and just 1000 kms old!
Old 4th November 2010, 12:51   #251
BHPian

The cost of the T-jet alloys will be anything between 9500 to 11000 for one alloy. (Linea alloys are costing around 10500).

As far as upgrade is concerned, technically you should be able to upgrade to the +1 size as the wheel arcs for both GP and Linea are the same.

But in my opnion this upgarde will be very costly affair even if you don't go with the Fiat alloys - for eg - Set of 4 alloys from Plati will cost you around 15000 - set of 4 tyres will cost you around for bridgestones - 15200 (3800 x 4). It will be adviced to go for the 5th tyre too in the 16 inch category which will mean that another 3800 + 1000 to 1200 for a steel rim (if available in 16 inch size with GP PCD). In all it will be around 45000 atleast with Indian alloys.

GP already has a very good tyres and alloys.

My suggestion would be to upgrade only the tyres to the 205/55 15 as that will give you the same amount of grip that you will get in 16 inhcers.

Hope this helps.
Old 4th November 2010, 23:05   #252
BHPian

@ Vinu & Kailash :

I agree & In case if budget is not a constraint
then +1 upsize should not be an issue , even though
the odds are different.

When one looks at the GP and then turns head to a LINEA
GP's definition is POINT , where as LINEA's is Extension of that DOT/POINT
i.e LINE

Both are lookers , GP is a tad more on the SPORTIER side
while the latter is in the most powerful Midsize King in the executive segment presently ....while we all know that but if the query is for looks , performance and who knows maybe a replica module of the ABARTH sport sport variant maybe having kiirus tunning set up underneath the hood...in the future???
It all boils down to the stability and handling.... no tantrums whatsoever!!!

Somehow 16 inchers are enticing and appealing but when one plucks
Multi-spoked profile on a GP ...it perhaps droops down the sportier profile of the HATCH....in other words 5 spoke Alloys is what SUITS the PUNTO and makes it Looks COMPLETED & BUFF ...Just my 2 cents

Cheers TND
FIAT FOREVER....

Last edited by torqueyTND : 4th November 2010 at 23:06. Reason: typo
Old 4th November 2010, 23:29   #253
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
Huh? Says who? The turn-in will actually be sharper with a move to 16 inch wheels. The handling will undoubtedly improve with a wheel upsize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I am looking for this upgrade for aesthetics & performance purpose.
OEM alloys are always overpriced. I don't suppose you'd want to pay 40000 - 50000 for a set of wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
One of the dealer said that 100 PCD will do just fine and is offering 8-9 k's for original alloys which are scratchless and just 1000 kms old!
Don't bother. 98 PCD means you should use only 98 PCD wheels.
Old 4th November 2010, 23:50   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

The 195 section tires which come as OE with the Emotion Pack variants of the Punto have adequate grip to take care of the all the performance Punto has to offer(All engines). I Agree, the Goodyear GT3 are not very good tires but they perform really well in my Punto. The Grip in corners and when hard braking is more than adequate.

However, expect things to improve after the upgrade to better quality rubber. Regarding increasing rim size and going in for lower profile tires- The ride quality will suffer. If your local road conditions and your requirements permit, upgrade to 16" rubber.

Personally i like the VFM, Grip, Comfort and Availability combination offered by Yokohama db V550 tires.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:42   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Just made the table to check for different tyre combinations.
In another thread, a fellow T-BHPian was considering a 17" tyre.
I have included even that.

All the options fit into any of the variant of both GP and Linea.
Since all the options will end up with nearly the same overall diameter, it shouldn't be an issue.

more than 25" overall diameter and the tyre may hit the wheel arches on bumpy roads.
Its upto us to decide how much of rubber thickness we need.
Striking the balance between the rim diameter and the rubber thickness is the key.
Attached Images

Most Viewed