Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 21:24   #376
BHPian

re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi got the new 2012 punto active delivered and changed the rubber from the O.E JK`s to 185/70 r14 Brigdestone ER60.What should be the tyre pressure for these? The manual says 30.5 and 29 with medium load and 32 front and 30.5 rear for full load on stock tyres.
Old 9th February 2012, 22:26   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi got the new 2012 punto active delivered and changed the rubber from the O.E JK`s to 185/70 r14 Brigdestone ER60.What should be the tyre pressure for these? The manual says 30.5 and 29 with medium load and 32 front and 30.5 rear for full load on stock tyres.
First of all congratulations on your new ride.
And secondly, yikes JK!! I'm glad you opted for better tires.

Now that worries me, if you've got JK on your Active I think even my Emotion will come shod with JK's. BTW, which JK series tires did your car come with?

Cheers
Old 9th February 2012, 23:20   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
First of all congratulations on your new ride.
And secondly, yikes JK!! I'm glad you opted for better tires.

Now that worries me, if you've got JK on your Active I think even my Emotion will come shod with JK's. BTW, which JK series tires did your car come with?

Cheers
The JK are the same as the one in swift and Ritz vdi/vxi. I did not drive them even 10km having used them for 23000 on my Ritz I knew what to expect from them. Your emotion should come with Good years since fiat unlike maruti gives the Jk's only with punto active.
Old 9th February 2012, 23:59   #379
BANNED

I have a Punto 90 HP clocked around 23K+ with Goodyear stock tires. Planning for Yoko C drive, can I have feedback from BHPians who are using C drives for their Punto.
Can I go for the stock size itself, or can I go for upsized tires, if so what is the most preferred size?
Old 10th February 2012, 12:31   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri
I have a Punto 90 HP clocked around 23K+ with Goodyear stock tires. Planning for Yoko C drive, can I have feedback from BHPians who are using C drives for their Punto.
Can I go for the stock size itself, or can I go for upsized tires, if so what is the most preferred size?
Hi Accentgiri,
C drives are really good and are much better then GYs. However I would suggest you to atleast drive 30k kms unless you are not happy with GYs.
You can check out epicenter's long term ownership thread . He has just got the C drives - stock size and is very happy with the overall ride of the car. And if you want to upsize then 205-60-15 is also a nice switch. However, being the owner of 90hp I feel that stock size tires are doing a job.
Old 25th February 2012, 09:32   #381

Hi all,

I will be getting my Punto Dynamic on Monday. All this while with another friend who is also buying Punto Dynamic, I was checking various options for types/alloys, when bank told me that they have sanctioned 50k less loan amount. I dropped the idea of alloys but want to still upgrade tyres. I am looking at any 15" tyres and I think I'd go for Yoko or Goodyear assurance depending on the funds. This is the first time I am even looking at changing tyres and I have neither an idea about them nor do I understand technical terms used in the forum.
I want to understand in simple words:
1) What are my options?
2) Since stock tyres are 14", do I also need to change the rims in order to upgrade to 15"?
3) If yes are they available with the dealers?
4) Any good dealer around Whitefield area?

PS: The stock tyres are JK.
Old 25th February 2012, 17:22   #382
Senior - BHPian

you cannot fit 15 inch tires on 14inch rims, so first you need to buy new rims of 15inch.they may be available at the dealer , or you need to order in advance.
tyre dealer in whitefield - Welcome to Tyre empire

If you do not want to buy new rims/alloys then also you can upgrade to better wider 14inch tyres.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 21:46   #383

Thanks Buddy!
Spoke to Sai Iyengar guy today, who gave me some very useful suggestions. He suggested that if I don't want alloys then I should stick to 14" and best would be Michelin 185/70 (or65?) R14. I will check both stores tomorrow.

Cheers!
Old 27th February 2012, 11:16   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

I think 185/70-14 would be a better bet for the Punto.

Go for the ZLOs, Michelin XM1+ or Apollo Acelere or Yoko A drive or Bridgestone ER60. These are the best options though in my opinion, the ZLOs are far better than all these tyres when it comes to grip. The Michelin is the best when it comes to comfort and silence. The others are good all round. The ER60 would be most durable.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 12:14   #385
BHPian

Guys,
I have 90hp which has done 20k on AA. I will like to know the best tires for wet conditions. I drive mostly around Mumbai - Pune region where rains are heavy and lot of water logging on highways .
The acceleres are good tyres for dry surfaces but very skiddish on the wet surfaces, I feel a sudden skid and loss of /zero friction till the water logged is passed. This can be dangerous and situation can get out of control.
Rains will be approaching in May so I would like to get them changed soon.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:35   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Guys,
I have 90hp which has done 20k on AA. I will like to know the best tires for wet conditions. I drive mostly around Mumbai - Pune region where rains are heavy and lot of water logging on highways .
The acceleres are good tyres for dry surfaces but very skiddish on the wet surfaces, I feel a sudden skid and loss of /zero friction till the water logged is passed. This can be dangerous and situation can get out of control.
Rains will be approaching in May so I would like to get them changed soon.
Almost all tyres will feel that way when you hit a patch of standing water. The only thing you can do is to slow down and go through the water slowly.

The Aceleres are pretty good at water channeling. Changing to any other tyre will not make things much better. I feel you will be throwing away money.

However, having said that, a lot depends on the tread depth of your tyres. A brand new tyre will always channel water much better than an older set.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 18:53   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I think 185/70-14 would be a better bet for the Punto.

Go for the ZLOs, Michelin XM1+ or Apollo Acelere or Yoko A drive or Bridgestone ER60. These are the best options though in my opinion, the ZLOs are far better than all these tyres when it comes to grip. The Michelin is the best when it comes to comfort and silence. The others are good all round. The ER60 would be most durable.
I am sort of inclined towards Michelin. Was supposed to get the delivery today but now have to wait till tomorrow for the car. First thing I am going to do is to drive to the tyre shop and replace them.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:00   #388
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
I'm deciding between Yokohama C-Drives, MRF Z.L.O. and Yokohama AVS DB series for my Punto Emotion. These will be an upgrade from the stock 195/60R15 Goodyear GT3's.

Both the Yokohama's are around 5k to 5.2K while ZLO is around 4.7K.
The yokohama's are proven but not quite sure about ZLO, it seems to be from what I've read on its thread. It supposedly quiet in the city but noisy at higher speeds.

I am leaning towards the db series. Do share your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 09:49   #389
Senior - BHPian

Hi Hiren

there are some very good reviews of ZLO, detailed discussion on the same can be found on this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...nce-tyres.html .

It has has nive pattern and it is cheaper as well, i suggest you research a bit more about them.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 10:17   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

I am leaning towards the db series. Do share your thoughts.
C-drives are apparently better in the wet, even though the DB series will be more silent. IMO that tilts it in favour of the C-drives.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed