Team-BHP - Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/61694-fiat-punto-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-46.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Raven (Post 4390906)
So after a lot of confusion and thinking, I finally changed the tyres to Michelin Energy XM2.

Hi, how's the Michelin XM2 holding up? Are they silent and comfy? Have heard that since these are soft compounds, they wear out fast and prone to punctures. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.r (Post 4644925)
Hi, how's the Michelin XM2 holding up? Are they silent and comfy? Have heard that since these are soft compounds, they wear out fast and prone to punctures. Thanks

Hello J.r
I had changed to Michelin while the car was nearing 50000 kms on the odometer, now it has reached almost 73000 Kms. I would say I am quite happy with my decision. I haven't had any punctures so far. They are still silent compared to the goodyear ones I had before. There is not much of noticeable treadwear till now.clap:

I have a 2013 Grande Punto 1.2, now at 49k KMs. The variant is Dynamic and it came with 14" steel rims. I have been thinking about upsizing to alloys that were available in the Emotion variant (15"). Now my question is, will the performance of the car be affected? The 1.2 is already a slow car and I'm worried that upsizing will make it even slower. Also, will the ground clearance increase? The car already has a truck-like GC of 195mm. Please suggest.please:

Suggest new tyres fir my Fiat punto 1.3 2012 emotion, size is 195/60/r15, currently running Michelin’s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaypatrol (Post 4597662)
I have a Punto Abarth 2015 make which runs on 195/55/16. I am looking to upsize my ride to 205 profile. Which one is the right upsize, 205/55/16 or 205/50/16?

Hi.
Did you upgrade your tyres on the Abarth Punto?
I have the same car which I purchased in 2018 currently running 195/55 R16s and have completed 30000 kms on it. The tyres are still fine but looking for some additional grip and hence wondering if the 205 profile is suitable?
Thanks!

I am facing quite a dilemma with my Punto Evo. Please help!

The current tyre is 16 inch alloys. I have to change the alloys. The original 16 inch alloy is very expensive and I don't want to spend so much. Hence I am looking for 15 inch Steel wheels. But there is no direct fit option.

I see Linea has 15 inch wheel rims. Can I use it for my 2014 Punto Evo without any issue? Any first hand experience?

I don't want to go for used Alloys or Steel wheels. Kindly help how do I change the alloys without major damage to pocket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict (Post 5685185)
The current tyre is 16 inch alloys. I have to change the alloys. The original 16 inch alloy is very expensive and I don't want to spend so much...

... Kindly help how do I change the alloys without major damage to pocket.

Hi vj_torqueaddict,

Please edit/repost with more details. From your post, it is quite difficult to understand what your requirements and options are. Are you looking to change the entire set or just one wheel? Also, is your car currently running aftermarket alloys or OEM Fiat ones? Also do you plan to use the current tyres on new alloys?

In any case, you can install 15" OEM Linea rims on Punto without issues. They have the same PCD. 195/60R15 (factory spec) or 195/65R15 (slightly more sidewall) would be optimal tyre sizes.

If you're planning to install aftermarket alloys, I would recommend you to get proper 98PCD wheels from reputed brands. Momo makes a 98PCD 15" alloy which is a direct fit but costs around 35,000 for a set of 4.

Thanks ,

I ordered 15 inch Alloys from Boodmo. It has 98 pcd and 4 holes and says its compatible with Punto Evo. Confirmed it with my mechanic. I am downgrading from 16 inch to 15 inch. The company shod 16 inch were phenomenal, but I personally believe it's an overkill for our Indian roads. The ride quality is literally bone jarring when it comes to bad roads. I will go for 15 inch , with higher tyre profiles for comfort. The 16 inch ruined the famed Punto ride quality. Mine is 2014 model 1.3L , 90hp. Fiat themselves realised their folly and stopped giving 16 inchers from 2015 model onwards.

Dear BHPians,

First of all it's my first post & feel so happy for it ☺️. I'm a proud owner of Fiat Punto Evo since 2017 based out in Bangalore and he is doing great till today with 38K on Odo.

I have Punto Evo of 2016 make that comes up with R14 wheels and PCD of 98 with 4 holes. Now that it has turned good 7 years, I feel it's time to look for alloys. But all the search is in vain with multiple tyre and alloys vendors showing their back. Nowhere in Bangalore I could find alloys with perfect match for my buddy.

All they ask is to get R14 alloys with 100 PCD itself and it will fit fine.Checked with "Car Decor" Jayanagar. They actual put them on and showed it will do good. Shall I go with their words?

Anyone knows a vendor who sells 98PCD alloys with R14 rims? Appreciate any help regarding this.

I'm looking for alloys something that looks like below:
Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908201705.jpg

Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908201658.jpg

Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908201644.jpg

Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908201642.jpg

Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908195447.jpg

Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908195437.jpg

Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20230908195442.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_hot_punto (Post 5735309)
All they ask is to get R14 alloys with 100 PCD itself and it will fit fine.Checked with "Car Decor" Jayanagar. They actual put them on and showed it will do good. Shall I go with their words?

Don't go for 100 PCD alloys!
Better to look out for used Fiat (98 PCD) alloys on sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 5735428)
Don't go for 100 PCD alloys!
Better to look out for used OE (98 PCD) alloys on sale.

I agree! It's better to procure second hand original Fiat alloy wheels and get them painted, if necessary.

Our Punto runs on 100 PCD alloys with metal spacer rings since day 1 and its been more than 12 years and close to 2 lakh kilometers, no issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliffHanger (Post 5735509)
Our Punto runs on 100 PCD alloys with metal spacer rings since day 1 and its been more than 12 years and close to 2 lakh kilometers, no issues.

Just curious if such fittings void any insurance claims in case of unforeseen mishaps? There was a news that insurance claims was rejected due to the presence of extra electrical fittings in brand new Thar that went in flames just after few months. News link below:

https://www.autothrustindia.com/new-...emains-silent/

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_hot_punto (Post 5735309)

Hello,
Please don't put a 100 PCD alloy on a 98 PCD hub it can be dangerous, I recently came across an Instagram post regarding this topic.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4LRp...Zpemxmb2RudA==

Decided to stick to OEM wheels. Even Fiat service centre mechanic advised not to go for 100 PCD alloys.

Dropping this plan of switching to alloys as of now till I get exact match. :disappointed