Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 10:09   #121
BHPian

yes vora tyres @ lalbagh road.
bm lals of chennai always have the best deal, totally recommend them.

i think bm lals have some sorrta tie up with vora tyres, i paid vora's everything, who will
then transfer to bm lal's...
Old 16th November 2009, 10:40   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
1400 is for fitting and balancing the new tyres and rims.

He got 1600 per tyre as buyback.
thanks Nikhil

1500 for the used 4 tyres, 1600 for the new/spare tyre
Old 18th November 2009, 17:17   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Lol, yes they are multispoke too. But somehow there is something in the Linea design. Maybe those are the only multispoke I would prefer.

Am sure a set of 4 will definitely be below 20k for sure. Depends on how good you bargain. I will anyways be posting my deal once I get my car back.
Hey, any luck there yet, on your hunt for the alloys. Well couple questions, which are the stores u found 98 multispokes at. also wat sized did they have as in was it 14/ 15/ 16. Was wondering if you can lemme know the details of the stores where you found the models.

Well i did suddenly join your thread out of the blue (actually just got my hands on it) but well what you might be interested in knowing hopefully by end of this month, i shud be getting my Linea Emotion. (yup u got that right) if i manage to get a good set of wheels for the LInea then i guess we could look at options of trading the linea wheels ( atleast if i got it right you like them and would be interested). even i have enquired with Gautam of chequered flag, he has a good lot og the KONIGs but doesnt have 98 PCD, but did mention about another brand he was gonna get stock of which will have 98 PCD. you might wanna drop in there and check too for options.
Old 18th November 2009, 18:15   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Hey, any luck there yet, on your hunt for the alloys. Well couple questions, which are the stores u found 98 multispokes at. also wat sized did they have as in was it 14/ 15/ 16. Was wondering if you can lemme know the details of the stores where you found the models.

Well i did suddenly join your thread out of the blue (actually just got my hands on it) but well what you might be interested in knowing hopefully by end of this month, i shud be getting my Linea Emotion. (yup u got that right) if i manage to get a good set of wheels for the LInea then i guess we could look at options of trading the linea wheels ( atleast if i got it right you like them and would be interested). even i have enquired with Gautam of chequered flag, he has a good lot og the KONIGs but doesnt have 98 PCD, but did mention about another brand he was gonna get stock of which will have 98 PCD. you might wanna drop in there and check too for options.
Hey dude,

I got my car just a day back and will be going for the wheels sometime next week as am tied up with exams right now. The alloys in 98PCD are available only in 15" size and Ritesh of Ashoka wheels has the H412 design. I saw the multispoke on the website and we can easily get it shipped or ask Ritesh to order and procure them. When I spoke to Gautam last time, he mentioned about Konigs and tried to get 98PCD in them but couldnt. Dint bother to follow up again.

PS : You got a PM.
Old 18th November 2009, 18:21   #125
BHPian

Sagar , have you managed the blacked out look you wanted ?
Old 18th November 2009, 18:54   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Sagar , have you managed the blacked out look you wanted ?
Nopes, just got my car back. I was thinking of shipping down projector headlamps for my car as am unable to get them retrofitted myself. But now I shelved all those plans and using that money on something worthwhile. Want to get my HL and TL smoked. Was thinking to driving down to prabhu's place sometime next week.

PS:Tried calling you many times, unable to reach you.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:29   #127
BHPian

Tyre/alloy upgrade for Punto 1.4 Emotion

Hi folks!

I've been considering purchasing a Punto 1.4 Emotion sometime soon. I'm not considering the option pack, and as a result I realize I'll be losing out on the 15" tyres and those gorgeous alloys.

However, this idea does present new possibilities. I could consider a tyre upgrade, and while this is optional, I'm most certainly going to fit alloys.

The only question is that if I retain the current tyres, I'll be getting 14" alloys and if I do upgrade the tyres, I'll be going in for 15" tyres and the new alloys.

Personally, I think I'm ok with the 14" 175/70 stock tyres and would preferably only like to shell out for the alloys. But I'm open to all ideas. Looking for more inputs on the brands I should be looking at and where I could get them in Pune.

If its a tyre AND alloy change, I'd like to know the one-stop shops where I can get the works for a relatively competitive and affordable price.

Hope I can get some good ideas from here.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:18   #128

Hey guys, I would like an answer to the above question too. My dealer is giving me the option to go for the 195/60 R15 tyres from the Emotion Pk. I have my doubts on upgrading, after reading the Parked thread on choosing the right tyre. But, I saw the Emotion Pk, and I really like the look of car.

The R14 alloys available are from Neo wheels.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:23   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever you finalise, please do not go for 100pcd Rims modified to fit Punto.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:37   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Whatever you finalise, please do not go for 100pcd Rims modified to fit Punto.
What are the implications of the pcd specification. Is this dependent on the tyres, or is it just a facet of the rims?

It's just that I don't know much about after-market mods, and even my current Swift was upgraded on purchase at the dealer with a set of Auras, which didn't involve much hassle.

i'm looking forward to getting a little more involved this time around though.
Old 20th December 2009, 22:00   #131
Senior - BHPian

Wheel sizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fitting an incorrect PCD wheel will affect the ride/handling of the car.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:52   #132
BHPian

If you could mention your primary requirements, then we can help you decide better.

Go for 14 tires over 15 incase ride comfort ranks more than performance. In this go for 185 section max with alloys and 175 max without alloys.

In case you want the best of both, performance and ride comfort, then look at 15 inchers, with the best size being 195/60 R15.

This thread might help : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ries-here.html

Last edited by furioussphinx : 21st December 2009 at 00:06.
Old 21st December 2009, 00:23   #133
Senior - BHPian

I would rather suggest you to go for Emotion PK and avail discount of Rs. 26000/- min. by buying the car before 25th Dec. 09 (I'm assuming that you will buy the car after 25th Dec.09). In Pune the difference between Emotion and Emotion PK is Rs.60500/-.

So you end up paying 34000/- more for
1. Bigger tyres.
2. Alloy Wheels.
3. Climate Control.
4. Air Bags.
5. Blue & Me.
6. Audio controls on steering.

Calculate how much you will pay if you upgrade to 195/60 R15 + alloys.

IMO 195/60 R15 does look good on this car.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:19   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you could mention your primary requirements, then we can help you decide better.

Go for 14 tires over 15 incase ride comfort ranks more than performance. In this go for 185 section max with alloys and 175 max without alloys.

In case you want the best of both, performance and ride comfort, then look at 15 inchers, with the best size being 195/60 R15.

This thread might help : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ries-here.html
Umm... you can go in for 185/70 R14 even if oyu have steel wheels.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:45   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pyroteck, please do search before you post

Do check the link furios has posted

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-page-2-a.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ries-here.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...rade+for+Punto

Mods please merge the threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com