Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 15:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

I'm running 185/60/R14 PP2s on my esteem since a couple months.
The year of mfg is 2006.
Old 28th December 2009, 15:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I'm running 185/60/R14 PP2s on my esteem since a couple months.
The year of mfg is 2006.
WOW! a 3 year old manufactured still selling. Any feedback on the tyre ?

Are CPC2 available in size 185/60/14 or 195/60/14 here?
Old 28th December 2009, 16:03   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

CPC2 will be available in 195/60 R14. Not in 185/60 R14.
Old 28th December 2009, 18:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
CPC2 will be available in 195/60 R14. Not in 185/60 R14.
Any idea Nikhil where can i get cpc2 in mum. Finally, What would be better choice between cpc2 195 & pp2 185?
Old 14th January 2010, 01:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

After a lot of dilemma finally got the Fabi on the most desirable shoes.. Well it's Advan Ad07.
Yup, initially had plans to ger the PP2 in 185/60r14. Checked with the Michelin and got to know that the tyres they are having in stock aee more than 3year old, manufactured in 2006. So dropped the idea of getting it. Had a word with Nikhil and he suggested to get the CPC2 in 195/60r14. As it had a balance of good handling and comfort. Almost decided on it until I learnt that the CPC2 is out of stock in 14" and was asked to go in for the CPC1. Again it brought me to the confussion as the CPC1 is kinda older design I suppose with softer sidewall. No doubt the thread pattern looks interesting, with softer sidewall, ride would have been good, having decent or rather may be good handling. During this time I got to know that the AD07 are available in 195/60r14. Approched one of the dealers and I was shown ES100 which din't appeal to me much, as AD07 wasn't available.
Now I know going by the review they are noisy, has stiff ride but it's the sheer handling and grip part that attracted me the most. Being confussed about picking up between CPC and Ad07, CPC for good comfortable ride quality, decent handling and lower noise and on the other side I had the best available for sheer handling and grip, the AD07. Checked with Nikhil again where his one word for AD07, simply 'Fantastic' made me think about them more.

I run a diesel Fabia with remap and other modes, which comes with PD engine, so I knew onething I had a bit of engine noise to subside the tyre noise and along with that to keep up with the constant humming I always have the Morel sound (ICE) to take care for it. Where stiff ride is concerned I knew one fact, they got to drive slightly better or atleast on par with the stock tyres which did a good job of soaking the bumbs. Handling and grip is what was on my agenda. Though I can call myself a sedate driver but some short burst in some open stretch where it easily touches 140, which may require good grip and braking capability, I knew CPC wouldn't have brought the confidence the Advan would have.
Finally, took the call and there I was at one of the dealers in Vashi since I was in new Bombay, checked for the availability on the size and to my luck he had one. So there I was getting the stock tyres replaced which had done 52k kms with the Advan. Checked the tyre that were gonna be fitted and came back in after 30mins after grabbing a bite and there was my fabi with new shoes.
We went for a small spin to check for the alignment and noticed, there wasn't any difference in steering feel in idle, on driving immediately the car felt more sturdy and balanced. Came back paid up 5100 for each and was all set to go. Got back on the Palm beach road, to find out what the new shoes can perform, the steering felt light at low speed and felt more weighted as the speed built up, to my surprise the pick up was much more smoother and better probably coz of the sheer amount of grip they have to offer, cruised on 80 and than on 100kms and to my surprise again din't find any tyre noise coming in the cabin, is much better than the stock did but it could be coz of the well maintained tar road of palm beach. The steering was more precise and smooth on turns which I noticed even while changing lanes. The fabi definately had much more grip, felt like a complete new car, was in much more control. Simply Amazing! While coming back home got to experience the ride quality, which felt better than stock tyres din't find it harsh at all, may be coz I filled it with nitrogen (I have been using nitrogen even on stock tyres since day one) and could also be coz of 60 profile. But on some broken patch on low speed like the one at the Dharavi stretch, it did get a bit audible and a tad bit rough though not all that bad. I suppose will need to handle such patches with little care. One thing in the end I need notice the suspension felt a little wee bit heavy than usual. I suppose could be coz of some difference in tyre weight compared to the OE spec 185/60/14.
Did manage to take some smooth curves on little higher speed than usual.
Overall really impressed with it. I am sure theres more in store which i guess will experience it on my trip to lonavala via the old bombay-pune highway. Onething am sure of the Advan will get me back to those spirited driving days I use to do.

P.S. Thanks Nikhil for answering all the queries and to others.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Fabia Tyre upgrade-13012010450.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 13:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to see another set of Advans on the forum! These tyres are simply fabulous. They will change the entire character of your car.

Enjoy it!
Old 14th January 2010, 15:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

You managed to get the very best tyre one can buy in India bar none. Have fun!
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:49   #23
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia Tyre change

Hi friends,
i have a diesel Fabia which i bought 18 months and it has covered 32500 kilometers. The tyres are now competely worn out and i need a new set of tyres. it originally came shod with Appolo Accelere.

Could any one of you sugest a new set of tyres as my experience with the current tyres is not satisfactory. It has very bad ride especially in slow speeds and it worn out pretty too fast as compared to my santro which lasted for 58000 kilometers.

please suggest me on-
-the brand and model of tyres (should i opt for upsizing? if yes, i dont want to loose on the ride comfort)
- a good alloy wheels
-i also want some tires which would last till ateast 50000 kms

looking forward to your suggestions please
Old 18th May 2011, 17:51   #24
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia Tyre upgrade

Today the front tyre of My Fabia had a side tear after it went into open manhole in Sigma mall parking bay in Bangalore.
I am thinking of buying a new tyre , have two query
1- For 185/60-R14. config which is the best tyre ADVAN Neova AD07 or Michelin XM1 or conti
I am planning to replace only one tyre,
One of the front tyre have been changed about 8000 kms from stock.
2- Is it fine to have new tyre and old tyre in front.
Car has clocked 19000 kms
Old 29th July 2012, 19:54   #25
BHPian

I got the shoes replaced of my Fabia today after having done 35135kms with the stock Acceleres.. In fact, I went to my regular Bridgestone dealer for getting (?some) punctures fixed.. But eventually ended up in changing all the 4 tyres !
Once I thought about going for some upgradation, but after consulting the Skoda SS went for the B250 series, with the specs exactly similar to the ORIGINAL ones- 175/70/R14 ! Did cost me 4.4k per piece (of 'rubber') !
As many people do complain with Bridgestone B250, I also noticed the road noise but not too much IMO. I could say something only after having a long drive on the High Ways.
The steering now is far more smooth & easy to handle than before. Ride quality/ handling improved a lot & above all, have gained a lot of confidence now while moving ahead on the road, especially while overtaking.
One more thing, I also was keen on buying Michelin's, but the Service Avisor at Skoda Work shop gave his opinion in favor of B250 with stock specs & I followed his advise instantly instead of doing something different at my own 'risk'.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
I got the shoes replaced of my Fabia today after having done 35135kms with the stock Acceleres..
One more thing, I also was keen on buying Michelin's, but the Service Avisor at Skoda Work shop gave his opinion in favor of B250 with stock specs & I followed his advise instantly instead of doing something different at my own 'risk'.
Way to go Dr! That's some serious running I would say..

Now that the milk is spilt, I'm sure you ll have an experience (I bet it's going to be a good one - It's a Bridgestone after all.) to share after the run-in period of the tyres are over.. Maybe after say 500kms of running..

On another post from Nikhil, he suggested "stay off" from BS unless it's a Turanza. There was another comment from a tbhpian saying the wet grip of the B250 is commendable !

At the end of the day, if you are not someone who takes the car to the circuit, all that matters is whether the tyre has a good road grip to handle the rains. As for the potholes - welcome to India - there's always one out there that's gonna get you.

Drive safe!
Old 17th January 2013, 20:12   #27
BHPian

Changed Matador stock tyres to same size 185 /60 R-14. Make Bridgestone MY-02 , Thailand make tyres in Nov 12 , covered 3000kms till date. Tyres are silent , with good grip in dry conditions and also wet conditions. Cornering is excellent along with Sterring feeling lighter now , the ride comfort has increased and the stock tyres after 5 years had become hard. Noise is reduced to a large extent. will recommend this My-02 Unidirectional Bridgestone tyres for Fabia over Michelin XM1+ (used as spare) which I had on the front wheels.
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:15   #28
BHPian

Hello Friends,

My 2011 fabia elegance needs tyre change now after doing about 40k. the stock size that the car came with is 175/70 R14 apollos.
Need tyres that can provide good handling as well as comfortable ride.
Any suggestions?
Old 7th April 2014, 09:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hello Friends,

My 2011 fabia elegance needs tyre change now after doing about 40k. the stock size that the car came with is 175/70 R14 apollos.
Need tyres that can provide good handling as well as comfortable ride.
Any suggestions?
Hi,

I've upgraded to a size 15, but I would recommend Yokohama S drives for good handling and braking, C drives for a mix of handling and comfort.

A good upsize would be 185-60.

Cheers,
Aayush.
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 11:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Hi,

I've upgraded to a size 15, but I would recommend Yokohama S drives for good handling and braking, C drives for a mix of handling and comfort.

A good upsize would be 185-60.

Cheers,
Aayush.
Thanks Do you mean, 185-60 R14 ?
Currently I have 175/70/R14 so upsizing wouldnt void warranty?
Currently I am in my fourth year of extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks