Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 09:58   #61
BHPian

Re: Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?

Took my Manza to rural Palwal for birding and got this in return - two punctures, of which one is on the cusp of sidewall. Tyres are Kenda - about 2 months and 7000 done.

If I have to change the tyre, I'd do it right now, because the other tyre is still pretty much new and both will wear out evenly. Or can I live with it?
Attached Thumbnails
Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-20160118202156.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2016, 18:53   #62
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
in your second image, upper left corner you'll notice the rubber has started to show cracks , signs of aging.
Yes, in fact I noticed all my tyres are having minor cracks like the drying up you had pointed. Time for a change. They lasted 42k kms. My tyre size is 195 60 r15 and I'd like to keep the same specs. Confused between Continental and Michelin. Any pointers to help me choose?
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:28   #63
BHPian

Between the two I think continental offers better value for money and is almost at par with michelin going by reviews elsewhere on the forum. Plus I believe Conti is offering a 50% wear unconditional warranty - but do check in your city or with your dealer.

Last edited by WasavaTyres : 2nd March 2016 at 19:29. Reason: grammer correction
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 14:48   #64
BHPian

Need some advice. Attached are photos of a few punctures of two my Duster's tubeless tyres, some seem to be fraudulently incited as I begin to believe now. These are the OEM supplied MRF wanderers (215). After reading so many posts I am a bit concerned whether I can continue using them. They have run 22k so far at the 3rd year. Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-1459070104843.jpg  

Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-1459070120780.jpg  

Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-1459070135000.jpg  

Old 27th March 2016, 16:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Need some advice. Attached are photos of a few punctures of two my Duster's tubeless tyres, some seem to be fraudulently incited as I begin to believe now. These are the OEM supplied MRF wanderers (215). After reading so many posts I am a bit concerned whether I can continue using them. They have run 22k so far at the 3rd year. Please advise.
Seeing the pictures I see that there are multiple punctures in the side wall.If it is only in one tyre, I would recommend these to be kept as spare and use the spare tyre if you dont want to immediately spend on a new tyre. However if the same is the case with other tyres as well i would recommend to change the same immediately. Even if you think of retaining this as a spare, i would suggest you use a tube inside this damaged tyre.

Last edited by hvishwanathan : 27th March 2016 at 16:21. Reason: adding some more options
hvishwanathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 18:07   #66
BHPian

Thanks. There first and 3rd pic is of one tyre which is a recent one which happened(or induced) just yesterday. The 2nd pic is on another tyre which has at least 8 punctures and 2 on the threads on the side facing the road.
Old 27th May 2016, 19:39   #67
BHPian

I am an owner of a Nov 2014 Maruti Suzuki Alto which came factory fitted with Bridgestone tyres. The car has run approx 25000kms and earlier today the tyre was discovered to be punctured due to a side wall cut.

Do tyre manufacturers offer warranties for tyres which come from the factory and would this be covered? What are my options with this tyre now?
Attached Thumbnails
Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-img20160527wa0004.jpg  

Old 27th May 2016, 20:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowall View Post
Do tyre manufacturers offer warranties for tyres which come from the factory and would this be covered? What are my options with this tyre now?
The warranty is only against manufacturing defects. This will not be covered under warranty.
Old 27th July 2016, 21:37   #69
BHPian

My car has factory fit goodyear gt3 175/65r15 tyres. Today in a regular waterlogged potholed road i experienced almost immediate deflation within 15-20 seconds. I believe its a sidewall shear as i see a cut. It looks similar to the big cut here.

Is it repairable? Covered in warranty? Its less than 5 years and no treadwear indicators are visible yet as the warranty states.
Old 27th July 2016, 21:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
. I believe its a sidewall shear as i see a cut. It looks similar to the big cut here.

Is it repairable? .
Yes very much, there are side wall plugs available for this very purpose by patch makers like Omni

I had a similar sidewall cut in my Innova in 2011 while crossing zojilla pass while on the way back from Leh, it was repaired by a local tyre guy and the tyre ran well till it's end of life

Hence go ahead with confidence and get it done, should not cost you more than few hundred
Old 29th July 2016, 23:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
@tud are your tyres older than 4 years ? They seem to be 'drying' up.
Even I am concerned about my tires drying rotting. However, my tires are less than 4 years old going by the date of manufacture. The two most affected tires have 0713 manufacturing stamp.

I amwondering if I should replace these ASAP, or I can continue driving around for a while. I have attached a picture of the seemingly most affected tire, on the outer sidewall.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

P.S. I have used them for about 35,000 kilometers so far, and the wear pattern seems to indicate I may be able to use them for another 10,000 kilometers, by normally rotating them after 5,000 kilometers.
Attached Thumbnails
Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-img_20160729_163315.jpg  

Old 31st July 2016, 11:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
I am wondering if I should replace these ASAP, or I can continue driving around for a while.
They don't look worryingly aged. I reckon you can totter around with them for a while. Can't say how many kms since haven't seen the tread depth, but going by your judgment I guess it'll be another 8,000 kms before you get her a new pair of shoes.
Old 25th August 2016, 13:27   #73
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently i noticed a cut on my Baleno tyre which is just 6K on ODO. Not sure how it happened, there is no leak in air pressure. Below are the pictures :

Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-img20160822wa0000.jpg
Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-img20160822wa0004.jpg
Sidewall cut in tubeless tyre - repair possible?-img20160822wa0005.jpg

I asked for the warranty claim, but as it is not mfg defect so advisor is not accepting the warranty claim, he told me that this is just a cut on upper rubber layer, which fortunately has not deep and tyre strength is intact. He asked me to go ahead with exisiting tyre without any worry.

For more clarification and to my satisfaction, I have even showed to two more tyre dealers for opinion. They both told me that tyre is good condition and nothing to worry as this is just a cut on upper rubber layer. No need to change the tyre.

Guys please suggest shall i go ahead with existing or buy a new one. As i cannot replace with spare beacuse in Baleno Spare tyre is steel and of small size.

THanks in advance
Old 25th August 2016, 14:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
Hi All,

Recently i noticed a cut on my Baleno tyre which is just 6K on ODO. Not sure how it happened, there is no leak in air pressure. Below are the pictures :
===========
THanks in advance
Hello Rajpandey10,

Till the time you decide on the fate of tyre, please replace the wheel immediately with the spare wheel. Please DO NOT drive with this tyre.

I recommend that you keep this cut tyre as a spare wheel, as use it as less as possible.
Old 25th August 2016, 17:14   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
Hello Rajpandey10,

I recommend that you keep this cut tyre as a spare wheel, as use it as less as possible.
Cant use this tyre as spare wheel as in baleno the spare wheel comes with different configuration.
Other option is to move this tyre to rear wheel.

Most Viewed