Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2017, 11:11   #151
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but do motorcycle wheels need balancing and alignment like cars? If yes, do regular shops like MRF T&S do motorcycles as well?
Old 1st May 2017, 22:45   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment & Balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
do motorcycle wheels need balancing and alignment like cars?
Superbikes do get balancing every now and then (at least before they were taken to tracks) and rest of the crew will get the balancing during rim (bend) repair.

Quote:
do regular shops like MRF T&S do motorcycles as well?
Nope.
There are only few tire dealers in the country have the facility for motorcycle wheel balancing.
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:13   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but do motorcycle wheels need balancing and alignment like cars? If yes, do regular shops like MRF T&S do motorcycles as well?
Any idea of two wheeler wheel balancing shops in Bangalore. Did a bit of research and found out the KTM workshop at Banashakari offer this. Any other place people are aware off?
Old 22nd May 2017, 14:13   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any idea of two wheeler wheel balancing shops in Bangalore. Did a bit of research and found out the KTM workshop at Banashakari offer this. Any other place people are aware off?
IndiMotard in Whitefield have added a balancing machine and a Tyre changer to their collection recently. Do call them and fix an appointment.
Old 17th July 2017, 18:47   #155
BANNED

Recently gave my car for a wheel alignment + balancing at a Maruti service center.

When the bill came, I was shocked to see that balancing was not done due to non-availability of alloy sticker weights :-(

I'm planning to do the balancing again at a tyre shop.

Do I need to do the alignment once again(just 300 KMS has passed since)?
Old 17th July 2017, 21:20   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Recently gave my car for a wheel alignment + balancing at a Maruti service center.

When the bill came, I was shocked to see that balancing was not done due to non-availability of alloy sticker weights :-(

I'm planning to do the balancing again at a tyre shop.

Do I need to do the alignment once again(just 300 KMS has passed since)?

No alignment and wheel balancing are two separate things,

Jeroen
Old 18th July 2017, 10:13   #157
BHPian

Hello all,

Excited for my first post in this forum

I take my car, a Swift ZDI often to hills and I must admit that I love to zip around the corners/ hair-pin bends. Due to extensive hill driving, is it necessary for me to check wheel balancing, alignment and rotate them more often than usual (~5k kms)?

P.S: I didn't notice any abnormalities though once I am back on the flat roads.
Old 19th July 2017, 08:52   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjkamal View Post
Due to extensive hill driving, is it necessary for me to check wheel balancing, alignment and rotate them more often than usual (~5k kms)?
Irrespective of any terrain driving, it is always advisable to get the Wheel alignment and balancing done every 5000 kms or 6 months whichever is earlier. The process should be wheel balancing > Tyre rotation > Wheel alignment. Doing this will keep improve your tyres and the vehicle's life.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 10:27   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
No alignment and wheel balancing are two separate things,

Jeroen
Thanks. I know that but what I'm asking is that when I'm re-doing the balancing, they will take the wheels out and fit it again. So in that scenario, do I need to do the alignment again?

Last edited by mithun : 21st July 2017 at 10:28.
Old 21st July 2017, 10:54   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Thanks. I know that but what I'm asking is that when I'm re-doing the balancing, they will take the wheels out and fit it again. So in that scenario, do I need to do the alignment again?

No, taking wheels off and putting them back on doesn't affect the alignment or the balancing.
The exception would be if the wheels had been balanced on the car. But that is very rare these days.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 09:03   #161

Hi all, can someone suggest a good place to get wheels aligned and balanced for BMWs in Hyderabad.

I hear hunter equipped shops do the job well but if there are any personal recommendations, please suggest.

Thanks much
Old 30th October 2017, 07:39   #162
BHPian

I read here that balancing and alignment needs to be done every 5000 Kms. My Linea is at 15000 Kms now never got balanced or aligned so far and never had any issues. Touchwood. I ruined a set of 4 tyres already on my previous car by not getting it done periodically. I don't want to take chances now. The issue is I am moving homes and in Mumbai now. My car is laden with home goods almost 200 kgs. Is it ok if I get it balanced and aligned now or would it be better after I unload it. Might do another 200 Kms before I finalize a home to unload the car. Balancing won't be an issue since the tyres would be removed anyway. But alignment?

Recommendations for a good shop for balancing and alignment around Parel, Mumbai please.

OT. Also, any help in finding a home in 9 Kms radius of Parel would be great. Having a hard time finding one.

Inputs appreciated.

Last edited by bharatbits : 30th October 2017 at 07:44.
Old 30th October 2017, 07:42   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
My Linea is at 15000 Kms now never got balanced or aligned so far and never had any issues. Touchwood. I ruined a set of 4 tyres already on my previous car by not getting it done periodically.
The WA/WB is overdue by 10000 km. Another 200 km should not make a difference, isnt it ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 07:49   #164
BHPian

I was thinking aligning a laden car would be a even more realistic scenario of trying to ensure a car move in straight line. 200 kgs is almost like 3 people in the car.

Last edited by bharatbits : 30th October 2017 at 07:50.
Old 30th October 2017, 11:07   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviG View Post
Hi all, can someone suggest a good place to get wheels aligned and balanced for BMWs in Hyderabad.

I hear hunter equipped shops do the job well but if there are any personal recommendations, please suggest.

Thanks much
There is a lot of good talk about Ashoka Wheels. They even have a dedicated thread in the TBHP directory. Have a look there.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks