Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 16:26   #61
BANNED

hey nikhil,
will be coming to Madhus' today or tomorrow to do wheel balancing + wheel alignment.

Had done it a while ago at Tyre Empire, Varthur, and ever since
- have wobbling of steering at 130 kph and above...
- pain in my right arm, indicating wheel alignment gone wrong
So, they did a bad job...

Hope to meet you there..

My name is Prakash
Old 17th April 2010, 18:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
My car's rim had gone for a toss after a long drive to my hometown.
So a week back i had gone to Vijay Wheel Alignment @ VV Puram.

First a person came noted down my car number and asked me to wait

A few minutes later a guy came (he told 'Giri', big fat guy) and took the car for the TD. Then he suggested me to all 4 Wheel Balancing, Wheel Alignment and 4 Rim Bends. Then he said he will just tell 2 Wheel Balancing and 2 Rim Bends to their boss and bill the same but pay some amount to them. I said ok fine no problems go ahead.

They started working and finished balancing, alignment and removed all four rim bends. Then the mechanic asked me to drive the vehicle for one week and if i found any problems you can come back again. Left the place.

Soon i found the car was pulling to left and had sheer vibrations once i reach 60kmph. Again yesterday went to Vijay and told them the problems i am facing. Then owner took my car number, verified the old bill (Free Service upto 3 weeks) and sent the same old fat guy to inspect the vehicle. Then they again removed all the wheels did balaning and did wheel alignment again.

Then at last i was asked to pay for 2 Balancing :-(. I was like stupid to pay and come out of there

People (i say mechanics) at Vijay Wheel Alignment, VV Puram are just money stealers..

I had a similar experience at Vijay Wheel Alignment, VV puram
about a month ago, but the car is pulling towards the right, and now the steering has started vibrating at any speed I drive, (I cant leave the steering even for a second) I checked the tyres but there is still decent tread left on them but the alignment guy(that big guy that TD's the car suggested replacement of the tyres then back itself when there were minor vibrations at the speed of 20, and disappeared at a higher speed). This is probably a stupid question but I got headers(only) not the entire exhaust installed the previous weekend. Would that have anything to do with the vibration?
so my doubts now are
what could be the problem? Do i really need to change the tyres?
If yes, What could be a correct upsize, If i'm not mistaken, 175/70/R13 is the size of the stock tyres, I don't want to increase the diameter of the rims, but wouldn't mind wider tubeless tyres
my main usage: Well within the city, 4kms where in i take the car up to 80-100kmph, no real high speed cornering as such. I'm a pretty normal slow driver otherwise, I don't redline each gear so not looking for any great performance really.
My priorities being Ride quality, and life of the tyre.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Old 19th April 2010, 17:13   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
i had gone to Vijay Wheel Alignment @ VV Puram.

A few minutes later a guy came (he told 'Giri', big fat guy) and took the car for the TD. Then he suggested me to all 4 Wheel Balancing, Wheel Alignment and 4 Rim Bends. Then he said he will just tell 2 Wheel Balancing and 2 Rim Bends to their boss and bill the same but pay some amount to them. I said ok fine no problems go ahead.
Why did you agree to this unethical deal?
And isnt it always better to back off from dealing with these kind of folks? I mean, I am surprised you went back there a second time!!!

On my side, I went to Madhus (Richmod circle) today for wheel balancing + alignment. Found the service and experience very good. Wasnt able to meet Nikhil. Will wait for a drive to Kerala this Friday, when I will be able to check out if the steering vibration at 120+ kph speeds is gone. I will update that on this thread.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Which place among these three is the best place for getting wheel alignment and balancing done?

My wheels have not had this done for close to 8K kms now, need to get this done over this weekend if possible!
Old 28th May 2010, 10:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Visit the centre on Langford Road. They did a good job and I'm happy with their service and equipment levels.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:01   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Praful -- The JC Road one doesnt have a wheel alignment pit anyway. Basavangudi or the Langford Road shop have wheel alignment machines

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th May 2010 at 13:35. Reason: Editing out potential marketing content
Old 28th May 2010, 11:15   #67
BHPian

I did my Wheel Balancing and Wheel Alignment from Tyre Professionals.
They have pretty good facility. No issues at all.

Also, they have Madhus somewhere near Mission Road may be.

Also, there is Tyre Care Clinic on Kathriguppe Ring Road. Most of them are good.
Old 30th June 2010, 21:26   #68

I went to Madhus last week to replace my safari tyres and enjoyed the experience. Mohsin the guy I was dealing with was extremely courteous and professional and I believe gave me the best deal on a set of Michelin Latitudes. Would continue going back to this place for wheel alignmrnt too. Didnt realise its owned by a TBHP member till i got a discount

Note from Mod : Please continue with the recommendations over on the Team-BHP Directory. This thread is closed

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2010 at 21:29. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks