Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
My Wheel caps of SRV are stolen overnight, when parked outside my friends house. When I enquired with Sundaram Motors in Bangalore, they're quoting Rs. 700/- per Wheel Cap. I guess, we can get the Wheel rim itself for this price. Also they don't have the stock right now.

Can anybody advice, where else can we source wheel caps in Bangalore and what would be the ideal price. Spending Rs. 700/- for each cap would be idiotic, since this part is prone to either theft or falling off on rough roads.

Can we claim Insurance for this Part?

Your are lucky that your's is not a Skoda, they charge above Rs.: 2000/- per wheel cap.

Getting back to your query,

Yes, you can claim insurance but what about your NO CLAIM BONUS?? Also you'll just get 50% of the value as wheel caps are plastic parts.
I don't see the point.

Try sourcing them from the local tyre + alloy dealers. Places known for automobile parts + spares are your best bet.

Just call up Just Dial and randomly call a few Tyre Dealers in any of these places, I did the same thing and the results are in front of you.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:21   #17
BHPian

[quote=maglev;1564422]Your are lucky that your's is not a Skoda, they charge above Rs.: 2000/- per wheel cap.

Thanks for your advice. I think it'll be ridiculous to spend so much for a piece which is of aesthetic value only.

Also, I didn't understand their logic behind pricing so high 700-2000 for a non-functional item. Steel Wheel Rim + Wheel Cover = Alloy Wheel in the open Market.

Will source from the Local Market.
Old 5th November 2009, 01:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your advice. I think it'll be ridiculous to spend so much for a piece which is of aesthetic value only.
Also, I didn't understand their logic behind pricing so high 700-2000 for a non-functional item. Steel Wheel Rim + Wheel Cover = Alloy Wheel in the open Market.
Will source from the Local Market.

Could you explain this line:

Steel Wheel Rim + Wheel Cover = Alloy Wheel in the open Market.
Old 5th November 2009, 02:11   #19
BHPian

I guess he meant that for the price of a OE wheel rim and wheel cap you can pick up a alloy wheel in the open market.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 17:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Could you explain this line:

Steel Wheel Rim + Wheel Cover = Alloy Wheel in the open Market.

Yes!!! A Normal 14" Steel Wheel Rim may Cost around 1000-1500. And if I'm spending 700-1000 for just a wheel cap = The total cost will work out to atleast 2000.

In the Open Market, 14" Alloys can be sourced for 2.5-3K. So just by spending some marginal amount, you can get Alloys. Even if you buy the cheapest Alloys, they'll be much better than Steel Wheel Rims.

And you need not put Wheel caps to Alloys. Also need not worry of falling off or theft.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2009, 01:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
You need not put Wheel caps to Alloys. Also need not worry of falling off or theft.

There have been many cases of alloys + tyres being stolen from parked cars here in Delhi.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 14:48   #22
BHPian

Re: Sourcing / Buying OE Wheel Rims & Wheel Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Steel wheels usually go for 200 a piece in hyderabad.
Sorry. Digging up a very old post. Where in Hyd can I get used Steel Rims or Alloys ?
Old 8th November 2013, 18:30   #23
BHPian

I am looking for Steel Rims for my Hyundai Accent GLE. Default is 13" but i am planning to upsize hence need 14" rims.

Can anybody let me know where in Delhi NCR can i purchase them?
Old 12th November 2013, 17:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

^ Guys, i might be stating the obvious, but a good place to check is an alloy wheel dealer who gets a lot of customers. He will probably have customers coming in with steel wheels, which he gets stuck with. He might also share the info of who he sells those to (though they all say they are sold by the kg for recycling).

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 15:16   #25
BHPian

Custom Wheel Caps in India

Though I love alloy wheels, I have been searching for nice little alternatives. I have been thinking about custom wheel caps that would enhance the beauty of standard OEM steel rims.

I haven't found anything sourceful on the internet. I would like to know if we have any place in Chennai where we can source some bling accessories for our cars.

My inspiration is to make the current steel rims a bit more vintage, something like the old Amby hub caps that came in chrome, probably a bit smaller would be nice. I can then paint the rims accordingly to give it a nice richer look.

Your thoughts / suggestions please

I currently own a Scorpio LX BS IV and plan to continue using the steel rims for some more time
Old 30th May 2014, 14:42   #26
BHPian

Sorry for digging up an old thread, and this is my first post. Initially, I tried creating a thread asking for advice when I was deciding to buy an used Honda City ZX but was denied for some reason. I own a Tata Nano, and thought to upgrade, skipping some segments ahead. Its a great vehicle, no doubt, but with five in the family and for long drives something more comfortable was desired.

I bought it some time back in February, would like to post an ownership (used) experience whenever possible. Anyway enough of

I have observed when changing the tyres that one of my spare rim in boot is bent and it doesn't maintain the air pressure for more than 3 days. Also, all of the rims have developed considerable rust and the old tyre linings have rust marks from the rims clearly visible. The vehicle itself is 8 years old (July 2006) and I am from Pune (non-coastal area but pretty near). Contacted Crystal Honda, Bavdhan and they quoted Rs.1700 per rim.

Wanted to know if its too early to change the rims? Also, if the quoted price is a rip-off?
Old 11th December 2014, 11:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

My friend's Swift Dzire's wheel caps stolen yesterday.

MGP price is Rs.399 per cap.

Please suggest a place to get them cheaper anywhere in Delhi. Original MGP stuff.
Old 14th December 2014, 22:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Please suggest a place to get them cheaper anywhere in Delhi. Original MGP stuff.
I think it would be better to stick with the MGP source if you really want genuine and new product.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Buy them from a tyre/ alloy dealer in Lajpat Nagar or Karol Bagh, you'll get a set of 4 brand new OE wheel caps for Rs. 300/- (approximate)

For my Ritz LXI I had picked up the OE caps for Maruti Dzire VXI. Its up to you if you want a different OE design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Sorry for digging up an old thread, and this is my first post. Initially, I tried creating a thread asking for advice when I was deciding to buy an used Honda City ZX but was denied for some reason. I own a Tata Nano, and thought to upgrade, skipping some segments ahead. Its a great vehicle, no doubt, but with five in the family and for long drives something more comfortable was desired.

I bought it some time back in February, would like to post an ownership (used) experience whenever possible. Anyway enough of

I have observed when changing the tyres that one of my spare rim in boot is bent and it doesn't maintain the air pressure for more than 3 days. Also, all of the rims have developed considerable rust and the old tyre linings have rust marks from the rims clearly visible. The vehicle itself is 8 years old (July 2006) and I am from Pune (non-coastal area but pretty near). Contacted Crystal Honda, Bavdhan and they quoted Rs.1700 per rim.

Wanted to know if its too early to change the rims? Also, if the quoted price is a rip-off?
That's what most authorised service centres charge. You should be able to source almost brand new OE rims (max 50-100 km run) for roughly INR 300 per piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Though I love alloy wheels, I have been searching for nice little alternatives. I have been thinking about custom wheel caps that would enhance the beauty of standard OEM steel rims.

I haven't found anything sourceful on the internet. I would like to know if we have any place in Chennai where we can source some bling accessories for our cars.

My inspiration is to make the current steel rims a bit more vintage, something like the old Amby hub caps that came in chrome, probably a bit smaller would be nice. I can then paint the rims accordingly to give it a nice richer look.

Your thoughts / suggestions please

I currently own a Scorpio LX BS IV and plan to continue using the steel rims for some more time
Have seen a Tata Sumo running on OE Hindustan Ambassador rims and chrome hub caps. Image Link: http://assets.hemmings.com/story_ima...00-0.jpg?rev=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I am looking for Steel Rims for my Hyundai Accent GLE. Default is 13" but i am planning to upsize hence need 14" rims.

Can anybody let me know where in Delhi NCR can i purchase them?
You could use 14 inch steel rims from an i20. It should be fairly easy to source them from any popular tyre alloy dealer in Delhi/ NCR.

Try BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagar (I've bought tyres/ alloys and OE rims from Jitesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Sorry. Digging up a very old post. Where in Hyd can I get used Steel Rims or Alloys ?
Any tyre/ alloy dealer, preferably a popular outlet.

Last edited by maglev : 16th December 2014 at 14:42.
Old 4th May 2015, 11:15   #30
BHPian

hi all, i had been looking for new tyres for a used getz i had recently purchased..! I finally decided on CC5s and got the car shod with new tyres.. the tyre guy however pointed out to rust near the mouth of two rims (steel), and the other two have a "jumping issue" while balancing! so, he suggests i change all four rims..! any one has an idea of where to source 13" Hyundai rims (if i remember right, 4.5j) in chennai?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks