Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 18:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

With this setup the only solution seems to be the spacers...
Old 4th January 2007, 20:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kpzen With this setup the only solution seems to be the spacers...
i dont feel like changing the alloys as i really like this offset design so Yes spacers are the only solution i guess ,so now can i know wether to go for rubber or metal spacers ??
rjstyle posted that i should go for metal one`s but the guy doing the job told me that they are a bit `noisy` at times so are rubber spacers equally effective ??
also if i want to upgrade to new tyres on these alloys what specs should i go for ??
Old 4th January 2007, 21:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
i dont feel like changing the alloys as i really like this offset design so Yes spacers are the only solution i guess ,so now can i know wether to go for rubber or metal spacers ??
rjstyle posted that i should go for metal one`s but the guy doing the job told me that they are a bit `noisy` at times so are rubber spacers equally effective ??
Dont know much about it...But i think rubber ones will be less noisy but will last less

Quote:
also if i want to upgrade to new tyres on these alloys what specs should i go for ??
Whats your main aim of upsizing? looks or improving the dynamics of the car like handling braking?

correct upsizes
165/65-13
175/60-13

KP
Old 4th January 2007, 21:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the guy doing the job told me that they are a bit `noisy` at times so are rubber spacers equally effective ??
No offence meant mate, thats something new mentioned the "noise". Havent heard any noise kinda thingy from my Alto.
Well once again its your comfort level and what you think is the best .
Old 4th January 2007, 21:57   #95
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well once again its your comfort level and what you think is the best .
In the city, you can play around in these matters and may get away with it most of the time. But in the highway, where good handling/braking at high speeds is very important, you may end up paying a heavy price for being casual. So I would strongly suggest that alloys/tyres be chosen carefully keeping safety and performance in mind rather than just for looks or other cosmetic reasons.
Old 4th January 2007, 22:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats your main aim of upsizing? looks or improving the dynamics of the car like handling braking?
too improve the handling and braking so i guess 165/65r13 is the best option

Quote:
No offence meant mate, thats something new mentioned the "noise".
none taken buddy and even i didnt understand what he meant by `noise` but he insisted that rubber spacers are better.

Quote:
But in the highway, where good handling/braking at high speeds is very important, you may end up paying a heavy price for being casual.
my car is used mostly for in city driving ,highway use is very limited.!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 4th January 2007 at 22:07.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

by the way rj can you please post a pic of your alto.!
Old 5th January 2007, 13:38   #98
Senior - BHPian

Faithless sure mate,I will over the weekend.

@rks please read my previous post, we use the car(Alto) for our kerala trips.So the car isnt being used only for the city drives.
Old 6th January 2007, 12:19   #99
Senior - BHPian

Here you go Faithless.

Car just came back today morning from Kerala with damaged left rear door .

Guess you can see a diff' off about 1 or 2 inches in the height. Well better experienced than said, I have had no noise or handling issues so far.
I don't have a heavy foot, but yeah my bro' does and he uses the car off late.Checked with him and he has had no handling problems.

Also I wouldn't completely rule out what rks has mentioned.Handling issues could persist above a certain speed limit. Once again depends on the kinda driving that you do.

Since you mentioned that the car is used only for city drives ,give it a shot with the rubber spacers.
Install them get a feel of it. If you ain't satisfied go ahead and shift to metal spacers for all wheels when the rubber wears out..

Cheers

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 6th January 2007 at 12:22.
Old 6th January 2007, 12:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

What happened to the rear door? Hope the damage isn't huge...

U got nice rims for alto....Does the tyre touch on full turn?

KP
Old 6th January 2007, 12:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

I think it should be fine KP but there is a slight chance of the front wheels touching the rear of the fender since it's quite close. It's all a game of a few mm's here or there.
Old 6th January 2007, 12:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

Thanks kpzen .Some moron on a bike drove straight into the car on the Bangalore-Mysore highway early today.No dents on the door, but the door needs to be repainted for sure because the scratches are pretty evident.Guess he felt the car door was safer to crash into.

Quote:
Does the tyre touch on full turn?

Exact same question that came over to my mind when I installed the spacers.Doesn't touch have checked ,initially happened once or twice and damn I dunno how it doesnt happen anymore. Also driving in Bangalore you need to make the worst turns of your life when you wanna get away from traffic .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 6th January 2007 at 12:43.
Old 6th January 2007, 20:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

hey thanks for posting the pics rj .!

even i dont have a heavy foot so i guess the handling is not going to be a big problem but i have noticed that the wheels `woble` if i go above 80-90 but thats because i am yet to get the allignment done so its a little off.
and i am going for rubber spacers right now ,will see how they perform then later i will change to metal one`s.
you have spacers on all the four wheels right ??
the guy doing the job told me to get them only for the back wheels but even i think i should get them in the front as well.!

by the way nice rims buddy.!
Old 6th January 2007, 23:53   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have noticed that the wheels `woble` if i go above 80-90 but thats because i am yet to get the allignment done so its a little off.
That's not sue to Alignment but due to Wheel Balancing. Get all 4 wheels balanced & the wobbling will go away.

Quote:
you have spacers on all the four wheels right ??
the guy doing the job told me to get them only for the back wheels but even i think i should get them in the front as well.!
Since your problem is restricted to the rear wheels only, fit spacers on the rears only. If you face a problem you can always fit them onto the fronts later. No need to go for them at this stage.
Old 7th January 2007, 00:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's not sue to Alignment but due to Wheel Balancing. Get all 4 wheels balanced & the wobbling will go away.
Is faithless still running the new alloys without allignment n wheel balancing done

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Since your problem is restricted to the rear wheels only, fit spacers on the rears only. If you face a problem you can always fit them onto the fronts later. No need to go for them at this stage.
can this be solved by hitting the wheel well from inside using a plastic hammer as i did for my zen....

Last edited by kpzen : 7th January 2007 at 00:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks