Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 20:16   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Thanks Ishan. My bad. I missed that thread while i searched for santro xing in the tyres and alloy section. Can you also give me a rough idea on the cost of the alloys and tyres upgrade.
No problem! 13" alloys should be around 12k or so for a set while tyres should be around 2.6-2.7k each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
OT: My mission is certainly not for the supari . Searching for the person who originally started the supari-safari part. Guess it was headers or supreme-baleno.
I know! As for the culprit, look around in Chennai for a Black Baleno and you would have found your man!
Old 10th July 2008, 06:31   #347
BHPian

Hi

I'm in the process of upgrading the tyres for my Santro xing 2007 model , few clarifications needed

Bridgestone

Potenza
GIII 175/60R13 77H Tubeless

Turanza ER 60

ER60 165/65R13 77H Tubeless

for potenza I was quoted 2900/- per tyre and ER60 2850/- per tyre in Hyderabad
is that the best price and between Potenza and Turanza there is difference of 5% in the sidewall, will there be any difference? and my priorities are shouldn't disturb the present FE then comes ability to handle the bad roads.

out of the 2 which one should I go for?

or do I go for Michelin XM1 165/65/R13 if so how much would it be costing?

has anyone heard of the alloys called "Glitz" , I was told that its Kapil Dev's venture and a newbie .
Old 11th July 2008, 00:50   #348
aZa
Senior - BHPian

why not yokohama A539 in 175/60/13 ? I've used POTENZA 175/60/13 they were really good, now i've shifted to yokohama A539 in the same profile. Steering has become lighter, turning in is a lot of fun etc. The grip levels are equal to potenza. This tyre cost me around 2600 per peice
Old 11th July 2008, 20:51   #349
BHPian

I had been to Lals enterprises to inquire about alloy upgrades for 2007 santro xing.I was suggested Prestige/HR/Freeman all in R13.When i asked for a one up he said it was not advisable. I don't understand the reason.He had quoted 17k for a set of 5 alloys.The choices in tires I was given was less Michelin and Apollo.When asked why not other brands was told this is the best for santro and others not preferred.I was quoted 9800 for apollo and 10100 for Michelin both set of 4 wheels.Are the prices mentioned correct and any ideas as to why the dealer gave such limited choices and asked not to go one up for alloys?
Old 23rd July 2008, 04:36   #350
BHPian

Upgrade for Santro 2007 Xing XL

I am planning to upgrade the stock tyres (Bridgestone S322 Tube Type) & Stock Steel rims with a good set of Alloys+ Tubeless.

I have read through the entire thread and see that 165/65R13 is the recommended upgrade in case I decide to Upsize.

My main requirement is comfortable ride (since it is a family car) + sportive look + good handling.

With the current stock setup i don't see much issues in handling as I don't drive beyond 100Kmph and do not intend to either.

I had a look at PLATI & LEAGUE ALLOYS physically and NEO & AURA virtually. However I'd like to go with either AURA or NEO since I don't feel like buying either PLATI or LEAGUE as they are taiwanese make (nothing personal against buying Taiwanese though!)

Please suggest if the upsize would satisfy my requirements and if yes what should be my ALLOY rim size 13" or 14" also specs like Offset and PCD would help..

I checked out alloys in OVERHAULL near BDA complex Banashankari Bangalore, he quoted 12K odd for PLATI and about 14K for League.

Advaith deals with AURA and in case AURA is good enough I'll get it through ADVAITH. Also please let me know which tyres to go for as I'm confused.

I'm not particular about Yokohama or Good Year. I'd like to choose between MICHELIN and Bridgestone.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rajiv
Old 25th July 2008, 03:43   #351
BHPian

wheel Specifications web-site

Hi,

I stumbled upon a good site which gives information about wheel specifications for various vehicles, it includes the following information:

CAR MAKE CAR MODEL SIZE WIDTH PCD HOLES OFFSET

The web-site is Auto Dynamic

Hope its useful for all those newbies who want to upgrade to newer tyres/alloys to understand the specifications of their cars.

Cheers!

Rajiv
Old 25th July 2008, 09:31   #352
Senior - BHPian

Stock rims for santro xing are 13x4J with PCD as 100. you can try to use 13x5J alloys if you are opting for 165/65R13.
Hyundai prints upgrade/recommended rim sizes on car frame. It's visible on car frame on driver's side once you open driver door.

Alloy size: If you have finalised on 165/65R13 as your tyre upgrade then you need to opt for 13" alloys & not 14". Please opt for set of 5 instead of set of 4 alloys. Aura dealers would have a tool which recommends correct wheel model for your car, it ensures perfect match to stock wheel among parameters like offset, PCD et al.

tyre brand: Choose Michelin if you not keen on Yokohama.

Last edited by sukiwa : 25th July 2008 at 09:35. Reason: additions
Old 25th July 2008, 18:50   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Stock rims for santro xing are 13x4J with PCD as 100. you can try to use 13x5J alloys if you are opting for 165/65R13.

tyre brand: Choose Michelin if you not keen on Yokohama.

Hi Sukiwa, Thank you for your response, Please let me know your opinion on Michelin XM1 series:

649778 165/65R13 77 H 412 170 544 1659 4.5 5.0 6.0
Also for Alloy wheels, how about Aura Model F 61350:

Size: 13 * 5 "
PCD: 100-114.3
ET: 46
BH: 4

Thanks again..

Regards,
Rajiv
Old 29th July 2008, 09:56   #354
Senior - BHPian

Tyres: Michelin XM1 would be fine, choice of many looking for comfort ride.
Alloys: Used to have F61350 earlier on my santro, looks very well.
Just ensure that allow wheel diameter matches hub diameter. Hold the alloy wheel against the hub without any bolts, turn the wheel on it, move it vertically & horizontally and look for any 'play' in the centering. Ensure that it's a perfect fit & not even a mm of play. In case of a doubt, repeat this with your stock steel rims and compare the experience.
Old 29th July 2008, 17:32   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Hi

I'm in the process of upgrading the tyres for my Santro xing 2007 model , few clarifications needed

Bridgestone

Potenza

Turanza ER 60

is that the best price and between Potenza and Turanza there is difference of 5% in the sidewall, will there be any difference? and my priorities are shouldn't disturb the present FE then comes ability to handle the bad roads.

has anyone heard of the alloys called "Glitz" , I was told that its Kapil Dev's venture and a newbie .
Dear romeo i think you should go for yokohama 165/65/13 AA01 would cost you somewhere around 2350/- per tyre 165/65/13 gives the best ride .
Old 29th July 2008, 17:36   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Hi

Bridgestone

Potenza

Turanza ER 60

About Glitz : Its a company based in Gurgaon Haryana having their registered office at Inderpuri New Delhi . Its not owned by Kapil Dev , i think its some Eastman Group a sikh guy. They dont have much variety in designs and are too expensive in comparison with the imported wheels.
Old 30th July 2008, 03:41   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Tyres: Michelin XM1 would be fine, choice of many looking for comfort ride.
Alloys: Used to have F61350 earlier on my santro, looks very well.
Thank you Sukiwa,

BTW how are NEO Alloys?

I got a call directly from the Neo office @ Mumbai, may be i will strike a deal with them based on the feed back I receive from T-BHP.

Below are the NEO designs I have shortlisted.

I guess I've frozen on Michelin XM1 based on the feedback received.

Many thanks for your time
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-neo1.jpg  

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-neo2.jpg  

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-neo3.jpg  

Old 30th July 2008, 19:59   #358
Senior - BHPian

although OT: How much does the stock Steel Rim of Santro cost ??
Old 31st July 2008, 13:07   #359
Senior - BHPian

@ Dadu:

Quote:
How much does the stock Steel Rim of Santro cost ??
Had paid Rs. 990 for a stock steel rim of santro in Jan '08. Prices might have increased now.

@ rajiv.kulkarni

Aura/Neo Alloys:Opt for a design that suits your taste/liking. As mentioned in earlier posts, just ensure alloy matches perfectly. Please look at other specs like offset, wheel diameter rather than just PCD alone.Choosing an alloy becomes a pain at times.

Hope you have read 'wheel & tyre bible' from carbibles.com
Old 1st August 2008, 09:53   #360
BHPian

Hi everybody,

I've ordered for a set of 5 Neo 13" dozen wheels from Auto Shop Koramangala. Had a tough time finding a Neo dealer in Bangalore which is the sad part. I interacted directly with Neo through email, a person called Manoj from Neo Mumbai called me directly and offered to help. He put me through Auto Shop Koramangala. It was indeed a boon as the owner of Auto Shop hails from my native place (Hubli), I almost fell for League as the designs were much more appealing. However I preferred to stick to Neo.

I also got a decent deal for Michelin XM1 (165/65/R13) tyres and a good exchange rate for my Bridgestone stock tyres.

I'll get the wheels and tyres next weekend, once the fitting is done will post some pics & a review.

Keeping my fingers crossed and my excitement bottled up till that time.

Thanks everybody.

Cheers!
Rajiv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks