Senior - BHPian

I love these wheels on Mammen's Nano.
The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : Big on Nano
Old 12th November 2009, 19:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Congrats Scooby!
As of now, there are no alloys in the market for the Nano. The nano comes with a 3-hole hub and wheel. All alloys in our market have a minimum of 4 holes. So, it's basically not possible.
I was of the same opinion until a friend informed me today that they are easily available here in Pune
Old 14th November 2009, 18:37   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Have seen a car at TBHP with alloys and have heard about a car here at Tvm too with alloys. So getting alloy wont be an issue but would suggest that dont upsize if its not recommended just for fanciness.

Congrats on the car.

Edit:

Nikhil:
these are Plati alloys and Plati has some models available for Nano. I suggest you meet your tyre dealer and ask him to check for Plati
Old 15th November 2009, 02:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, there are no upsize tyres available for the Nano in the stock 12" wheel size and no wheels available in 13 or 14". So tough luck there sir, you'll have to stick to alloys on standard tyres for now.
Old 15th November 2009, 05:13   #20
BHPian

Its only a matter of time, once the NANO starts rolling out of the showrooms on a continuous basis, she would have the longest accessory list (both OE and after-market)
Old 15th November 2009, 19:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

scooby sir - there was a plati ad in the september ACI issue (my scanner is dead, so can't post it)

They showed 4 designs. PY 641, PY 401, PY 212, PY 058 which were all for the nano. PY212 is the design that's there on the nano jkdas posted
PY641 is a three spoke design I've seen on some zen's and M800's.

the other two were nothing great to write home about (IMHO)
Old 16th November 2009, 01:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
scooby sir - there was a plati ad in the september ACI issue (my scanner is dead, so can't post it)

They showed 4 designs. PY 641, PY 401, PY 212, PY 058 which were all for the nano. PY212 is the design that's there on the nano jkdas posted
PY641 is a three spoke design I've seen on some zen's and M800's.

the other two were nothing great to write home about (IMHO)
If Plati is having the designs, then it's better to contact them directly as no Retailer will be stocking alloys for Nano soon considering the volume of cars sold.

Anyhow, check Plati's importer's website: Auto Dynamic
Old 29th November 2009, 22:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Update to my previous post. I met Jitesh from BK Tyres yesterday and was told that Plati is offering 3 designs for Nano which are available on special order. Those from Ludhiana and adjoining areas can get them directly from Auto Dynamic, the importer of Platis.
Old 27th February 2010, 21:00   #24
BHPian

hey saw a nano yesterday on the western express highway. Had a full body skirting. Yes a skirting and alloy wheels. Was a MH 02 no. so mumbai car itself.
Old 3rd March 2012, 23:57   #25
BHPian

Re: Got my Nano! Alloy wheel & tyre upgrade suggestions?

Hi,
Has anybody tried out the changing the Front tyres to 155 / 65 R12 from the OEM 135 / 70 R12 ? The rear being the OEM 155 / 65 R12. What are the after effects ?

-Harshavardhan

Old 28th March 2012, 14:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
Hi,
Has anybody tried out the changing the Front tyres to 155 / 65 R12 from the OEM 135 / 70 R12 ? The rear being the OEM 155 / 65 R12. What are the after effects ?

-Harshavardhan

Pretty much similar question.. I am considering buying a Nano LX for my better half, but the different tyre size on front and rear is bothering me ? Can we (or Tata for the sake of simplicity) not put the same size tyres on both front and rear ?

The spare provided is of Front tyre size.. what are we supposed to do if the rear gets punctured ?

The side wall comparison for some sizes

135/70 R12 = 94.5 (OEM Front and Spare)
155/65 R12 = 100.75 (OEM Rear)
165/60 R12 = 99 (Closest possible in b/w the two sizes above if the tyre well has enough space ) ?
Old 15th June 2012, 13:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think the issue of different tyre sizes front and rear has been discussed in the Nano review thread. It's basically to ensure the Nano will not oversteer if cornered fast. Also the brakes are drums all round, so the front tyres are meant to lose grip before the rear ones do.

In case a rear tyre got punctured, you can still use the spare, but you aren't advised to drive fast. The spare in this case should be used to get to the tyre repair shop safe and sound.
Old 17th July 2013, 06:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I think the issue of different tyre sizes front and rear has been discussed in the Nano review thread. It's basically to ensure the Nano will not oversteer if cornered fast. Also the brakes are drums all round, so the front tyres are meant to lose grip before the rear ones do.

In case a rear tyre got punctured, you can still use the spare, but you aren't advised to drive fast. The spare in this case should be used to get to the tyre repair shop safe and sound.
Any new inputs on this? Is it really engineering related or a cost saving thing by Tata?
A great advantage of the same size on all five is also to be able to extend the life of the entire set by correct rotation.
Old 17th July 2013, 06:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
It's basically to ensure the Nano will not oversteer if cornered fast. Also the brakes are drums all round, so the front tyres are meant to lose grip before the rear ones do.
I am not sure this is correct - wider front tyres will tend towards understeering, not over. And I can't see why a front wheel skid is safer than the rear wheel one, it is the other way around.
Question is - will the wider size foul the front wheel well, and will the wider tyred spare wheel fit in its place under the bonnet. Since the wheel size is unchanged, speedo/odo readings should not be affected.
Old 18th July 2013, 08:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Question is - will the wider size foul the front wheel well, and will the wider tyred spare wheel fit in its place under the bonnet. Since the wheel size is unchanged, speedo/odo readings should not be affected.
As long as the tyre is the same size as the rear, it shouldn't foul with the wheel well, because the CNG Nano photos available online show wider tyres at the front.

Most Viewed