Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 23:41   #16
BHPian

Tsixty1,

I have a 2006 Indica turbo run 116000 +. Initially for 72k kms it has run on goodyear NCT5 185/60 R14 + Alloys. I had to change the tires due to it scrapping the suspension under load. As the scrapping was very minimal nothing serious happened. The scrapping is due to the offset of the alloy wheel. I replaced the tires with Apollo Accellere 175/65 R14 & am having no problem now.

Till date no. of punctures i have faced is in single digit.

IMO you should check your rim and change to a newer rim or alloys with better tubeless tyres.
Old 15th November 2009, 23:50   #17
BHPian

Just to add few bucks of mine, might be repeated once since i did not go through the entire replies.
1. The tyres could be getting excessively heated inside because of its defective quality and in turn could be damaging the tube inside.
2. Check for some small pins which might get missed out with the usual way of running the palm inside the tube. When the tyres get inflated it does really stretch the tyres and in turn these small pins become significant. Check with a lens inside the tyre if possible.
3. Another thing you could possibly doo is before you put the tubes inside the tyre give another lining of old tube and put the new tube above that this could significantly reduce your problem.
4. Last thing is replacing your tyre.
Old 2nd December 2010, 17:33   #18
BHPian

Today changed to MICHELIN Energy XM1+ (175/65/R14) tubeless. Opted for Ford Fiesta rims. All done at Sai Iyengar And Sons.

Odo reading 38K dot. let's see how the ride goes for next few years
Old 30th August 2011, 11:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Several flat tyre with Indica V2 Turbo please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsixty1 View Post
Today changed to MICHELIN Energy XM1+ (175/65/R14) tubeless. Opted for Ford Fiesta rims. All done at Sai Iyengar And Sons.
Santanu,
How has your experiences been with the upgrade to XM1+ tubeless? Do let us know your thoughts, you got a good deal from Sai Iyengar?

Most Viewed