Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 19:29   #1
BHPian

Turanzas on my Getz!

( mods please approve this topic!)

Hey everybody,

Finally after a lot of help from Romil( roms), Ishant and others on the forum, I changed over my Getz GLX' footwear to the rocking new Bridgestone Turanzas. Well, there was a hell lot of confusion between the Bridgestones, the Michelins and the Yokohamas. But, I am a complete driveaholic, i push hard and wanted a tyre which would do good for the slippery and very very bad Mumbai roads and give me a comfortable drive as well. So headed to Saifee tyres, saw the three in line and made up by mind on the Turanzas. Much has been said about them and given equal competition with the XM1s, it seemed to be the best. Point to be noted for people who live in the western suburbs in Mumbai.. simple head to this quiet yet great tyre changing point. It undoubtedly THE best place to change tyres and get a great deal as well. Best part is the location...these guys have a big place working for them near the santacruz railway station( and much much better from the crowded and dusty Milan subway where noise just irritates you to the bone! no ways). Just one thing to be kept in mind, call them in advance to check on stock. I was lucky as they had the Turanzas in stock. My friend who fitted them later on his Getz as well, wasnt! So please bear this in mind. Plus the way they quickly assemble the tyre, align it, and do a checkup is pretty quick. My car roughly took 2 hrs, but peaceful. I would recommend Saifee hands down, even Premjis at Mahim is cramped owing to its main road location. And add to it, the cool and polite Jitubhai. Great deals rest assured anytime

The ER60's cost me 3500 a piece and I got just 500 for my old tyres! Hoping to have a rocking time with these..I will put my drive experiences here.
Here are some snaps of the changeover for you all..

Old goodyears:

The new Turanzas:

changeover time:

The michelin XM1s and the Turanzas..the mich; were being fitted on a classic Mercedes.

the alignment:

a quick bath:

Finally all set to go!

Thanks to Romil and Ishant once again.

Cheers,
Mehul.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th November 2009 at 19:37. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 21:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

What you say is alignment, isnt alignment! It's balancing.

Anyway, congrats!
Old 13th November 2009, 22:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats coolmel ! The turanzas have received good reviews on this forum, and should give you a comfy ride and good life.

The next time I upgrade my tyres, most likely it will be the turanzas.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:07   #4
BHPian

Yea! sorry its wheel balancing. My bad.

I just came back from a long morning spin on Mumbais bad bad roads. I must say, the wheels are soo light, that the car reached 100 within seconds!! Awesome acceleration. And noiseless ride, wherever i encountered the noise was coz of bad roads, otherwise on the highway it was flat out. Superb stuff. Owing to the Getz' soft suspension( I so wish it were a little hard) the tires more than lived upto my expectations.

Great buy! I would recommend them to all Getz owners.

PS: When i went in to get these for my friend who also owns a GLX Getz, Saifee also showed me the goodyear assurance ones. Soft compound felt Michelin like and more or less same pattern as the Turanzas with a little more grooves in the center.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:55   #5
BHPian

Hey, just saw this thread. You are most welcome coolmel, glad that the Turanzas are doing well on the Getz and you've got the perfect upgrade from the stock Goodyears. Good pictures depicting your step by step process of the tyre replacement. The Turanzas are looking great as well. Whats the update on your friend's car? Is he happy with the Turanzas as well? Do update us on that.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:19   #6
BHPian

Hey mehul ! nice too see you on t-bhp !
congrats on your new shoes.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Hey mehul ! nice too see you on t-bhp !
congrats on your new shoes.
Hey nisarg, thanks mate!a coincidence happened at the shop. I saw the Lenso alloys, the super lightweight ones which you put on your Swift at Saifee. Terrific buy must say! and they looked awesome in white
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Hey, just saw this thread. You are most welcome coolmel, glad that the Turanzas are doing well on the Getz and you've got the perfect upgrade from the stock Goodyears. Good pictures depicting your step by step process of the tyre replacement. The Turanzas are looking great as well. Whats the update on your friend's car? Is he happy with the Turanzas as well? Do update us on that.
Hey Romil,

The Turanzas are doing really well and am getting a big kick out of the Getz acceleration these days. At 80s and 100s the pace at which it does those speeds is so awesome, I dont feel like there are any wheels at all! Heck why didnt I get these first up. And cornerings are superb, I dive into a corner and dart out like a warp. AWesome grip and no noise. I just hear the engines grunt Mostly going to Pune this week, so will be able to gauge their top speed performance. I have clocked 160, lets how the Turanzas are able to achieve it. Will be great, I can tell it right now.

An OT question: Can anyone recommend me the best engine oil for the Getz GLX?? or redirect me to the thread..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks