Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2006, 07:46   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I bought some three sets... one for me and two for my friends...

ALL of us have stopped using them... Sure they worked for some time initially ... after that they somehow stopped working... they are not accurate at all. I found, on more than a handful of instances, that it kept showing green even when the tyre pressure went as low as 20psi - one instance even 18!! (I had bought the 28psi checkers)

LIke Rudra said - its back to the chrome caps for me - till I find them that is - untill then am on regular plastic caps.

This is one experiment that failed!
you have to check whether the anti theft lock is properly fixed or not.It must me fully tighten otherwise it shows wrong infos.I dont think so it ill stop working because i am using this for more than 6months.
Old 16th October 2006, 08:46   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
What if the tyres are filled with nitrogen?? It's not easy to check pressure using normal air checkers??
So these things come handy in those circumstances. Right???
In my car i am using nitrogen.it doesnt shows any problem with aircheckers.Even sometimes i mix nitrogen and air if i dont get nitrogen to fill.So there is absolutely no problem.
Old 16th October 2006, 10:53   #48
BHPian

Does the locknut mean that everytime you go to the air-wallah to fill up you need to use a special wrench to get the air-checkers off? Sounds a bit inconvenient, but I guess the upside is that it's harder for vandals / miscreants to let the air out of your tyres. (Happened to me more than once in Bangalore)
Old 16th October 2006, 14:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini
Does the locknut mean that everytime you go to the air-wallah to fill up you need to use a special wrench to get the air-checkers off? Sounds a bit inconvenient, but I guess the upside is that it's harder for vandals / miscreants to let the air out of your tyres. (Happened to me more than once in Bangalore)

You dont have to check everyweek.Twice a week or whenever the aircheckers indicates .If it is nitrogen then you dont have to check for more than 3weeks.When you buy the aircheckers you will get a wrench free that u can keep it in your car.
Old 16th October 2006, 16:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Frankly, I'm not impressed with this air chekers. It's not that perfect. Tyre pressure for my car should be 30 and I found it green when the pressure dropped to 24..

I'm going back to my chrome valve caps once I find them at home.
If they were faulty all you need to do was get it replaced. There ought to be something wrong with your specific unit. You can send them here if you need us to send you a new set,
Old 16th October 2006, 17:19   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia
You can send them here if you need us to send you a new set,
I bought them from HOT TRACKS...
You want me to give it to Anil or to you directly? I need your mailing address if it's different from the one in your ads.
Old 16th October 2006, 17:40   #52
BHPian

Pete, I bought them from u direct, 2 of them work the other two dont, am ientitled to a replacement.
Old 16th October 2006, 18:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard
Pete, I bought them from u direct, 2 of them work the other two dont, am ientitled to a replacement.

If any of you have any problems with your Aircheckers be assured that you can send it back to us and we will replace the same if found faulty. We have sold nearly 35000 Aircheckers and have had very few of them come back. All you have to do is remove them and just put them back allowing the system inside to work. After long usage the springs have got stuck on a few AC's which have got back to work once you put them in and out a few times. This may be the problem.

Hey guys this is not rocket science. Very simple system that will work as it should if fixed properly.

Any of you guys have a faulty one feel free to send them to us with your address clearly marked on it so that we can arrange to send you the replacement.

Rgds,
Old 17th October 2006, 13:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Go ahead and buy it Carfreak. Even if it fails, Pete's head office is just a stone throw away. We can make a DHARNA there. We've got mixed reviews, so just hope for the good part.
hey speedzak,spoken like a true mallu-always staging dharnas

anyway shall we wait for more reviews?i was using them for my crdi till i sold it.i dont recollect any problems or malfunctions!!

pete,i will pm you
Old 3rd February 2007, 18:22   #55
BHPian

I have been using air checkers for a while now on my octy, must say they have been really helpful but they can be dangerous.....
while driving few days back one of my tyre air checker cap busted out while the screw was intact leading to sudden loss of air presuure coz the valve was still pressed .......luckily i reached home within minutes and while parking my guard heard noise of air blasting out of one of the tyres .
so though helpful but how safe is the question????
Old 3rd February 2007, 19:00   #56
BHPian

wow autozoniac,this is a new problem one has encountered with the air-checkers!!i dont think anyone else here had got the same problem.anyway good you reached home safely.
Old 2nd August 2007, 06:54   #57
Team-BHP Support

Bought a set of 28 psi for both cars.

Swift normally loses 2-3 psi of air weekly. After three weeks, the checkers showed no change. Went to the pump

26, 24, 27, 25

Frankly, this product is a load of crap and a safety issue
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:54   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
I have been using air checkers for a while now on my octy, must say they have been really helpful but they can be dangerous.....
while driving few days back one of my tyre air checker cap busted out while the screw was intact leading to sudden loss of air presuure coz the valve was still pressed .......luckily i reached home within minutes and while parking my guard heard noise of air blasting out of one of the tyres .
so though helpful but how safe is the question????
Yes this can happen since you have the aircheckers protruding out and a stone can hit it and damage the top part. The system is supposed to seal itself but rarely it can get jammed mainly because of the moisture content. Air will leak but exactly like how it would when you get a flat.
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Bought a set of 28 psi for both cars.

Swift normally loses 2-3 psi of air weekly. After three weeks, the checkers showed no change. Went to the pump

26, 24, 27, 25

Frankly, this product is a load of crap and a safety issue
Hey Ajmat,

the Aircheckers will change colour only after you loose around 4 PSI. YOu just lost 4 psi on only one wheel and you could have missed the yellow starting to show. That is how it is supposed to work. It is in any case not a perfect pressure gauge. It is just an indication of the rough pressure and should be used only for that. What more do you expect from a tuned mechanical spring?

We have a lot of satisfied customers who use it the way it should be used and they have had no problems. Like I have said before over a period of time the springs tend to get stuck especially if you are in a place wih high humidity. The simple practise should be for you to engage and disengage the AC's a few times to get the spring to move everytime you remove it for filling air.

And again we would like to clearly state that if any of you guys have a faulty AC just send it back with your name clearly marked and you'll get the replacement within no time.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:46   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the Aircheckers will change colour only after you loose around 4 PSI. YOu just lost 4 psi on only one wheel and you could have missed the yellow starting to show.
It did not show as I unscrewed the AC's to check the pressue
4psi is a lot IMHO - it means that my Swift loses 10% in fuel consumption

[quote] It is in any case not a perfect pressure gauge. It is just an indication of the rough pressure and should be used only for that. [quote]

I think we need to agree to disagree. For people who expect precision, this is not for some of us. I think the expectation was that it was an accurate device. This is fine for my parents/ in laws, where I am going to fit them on!

Quote:
What more do you expect from a tuned mechanical spring?
Well, World War 2 depended on these for aeronautical instrumentation, as also early fuel injected cars that ran amazingly well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks