Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 22:11   #1
BHPian

Interesting Tyre Comparison (international tyres)!

Hello BHPians! While surfing the net for tyre noise, I found this interesting article/link. This is basically result of extreme testing of all the leading tyre brands in the world, done in the UK.

Have a look, you'll be quite surprised with few results:

The Total Tyre Guide | Total Tyre Guide | Products | Auto Express
Old 4th December 2009, 23:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup. Seen that before.

The ER300 is a very good tyre, but unfortunately it isnt available in the replacement market in India. If it is, it's in very very few sizes.

Out of that list, the only two tyres easily available in India are the Conti CPC2 and the Maxxis MA Z1.

The Maxxis was the revelation for me. It's handling prowess is as expected, but check out the noise levels! It's quieter than a Michelin and a Conti. Really surprising and when you consider the price, it's astonishing VFM.

The Conti in India is reasonably priced when you compare it to Michelin. The Michelin Primacy HP isnt available in India in most common sizes. It's unfortunate as it's a good tyre. However, the CPC2 is ranked higher than the Michelin and the Bridgestone.

So, you upgrading to 15" 195/60 R15 Conti CPC2s then?
Old 4th December 2009, 23:49   #3
BHPian

Haa, not so early Nikhil! My Michelins are just 1500kms old till now! Still a couple to ten thousand kms to go before even thinking about that!
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:28   #4
BANNED

But do we need to to give too much of emphasis for these kind of tests since they will not be able to test all tyres under one brand and may give you a ballpark comparison !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks