Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 14:59   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tubeless puncture repair shop in South Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
But what if there is a leak through the rim?
I hope your tyre is on alloy rim. If it is on steel rim then look out if the rim is rusted or has pinholes. If the rim is punctured (or has a hole), then you can try applying a sealant (eg M-seal), but not sure how effective it would be.
Old 24th May 2011, 15:38   #137
BANNED

Re: Punctures in tubeless tyres.

I do not think M Seal will work on its own. May be M-seal with a coat of lacquer afterwards should work.
Old 25th August 2011, 08:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

HI Askmaddy, I would suggest go for a new tyre rather than putting a tube in a sidewall cut tyre. Tyres are the only point of contact with the road & must be in the tip-top condition. If both the front tyres have worn out or more than 3-4 years old then it makes sense to change both the front tyres. Michelins are the best in tubeless, but suited mostly for highways & plain roads (as they have a soft compund) . For Kerala roads I guess MRF are the most suitable, hard compound, long life, durable.
Old 29th September 2011, 11:30   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Guys,

Can someone suggest a good Tubeless puncture repair shop in South Delhi. My car's left rear tyre is loosing 12psi in a span of 7 days. Can't see any visible nail or anything. Can it be a leaking rim?
Myavu, did your problem get resolved ? I noticed less air in one of my tubeless tyres today. Took it to the local garage but he did not find any nails etc. I asked him to fill up air in it again and wait and see what happens after some time.

I've got a alloy, any suggestions what I should do ?
Old 29th September 2011, 11:54   #140
BANNED

I had the same problem in my Accent (OE alloys). After repeated attempts, I happened to have the tyre lying on its side and some water in the groove around the rim. There were bubbles there - probably a slightly damaged bead for a flat fix. Nothing could be done. It was inflation every week!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 12:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Myavu, did your problem get resolved ? I noticed less air in one of my tubeless tyres today. Took it to the local garage but he did not find any nails etc. I asked him to fill up air in it again and wait and see what happens after some time.

Sometimes there are pin punctures or leaks which are difficult to trace, ask the guy to overinflate by 10PSI and then put in under water, small leaks should open up then.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 12:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

Well the guy at the garage put water and soap all over the tyre but we could notice any obvious leak or bubbles. Yesterday I drove over a bad patch, but don't think it should be related to the leak.

Need to just wait and watch.
Old 29th September 2011, 12:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post

Yes, solved in the month of May itself. There was a small iron piece bend between the treads which was camouflaged perfectly with tyre.

Check your tyre with puncture repair guy. Immerse the affected tyre in water and check.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 13:07   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I had the same problem in my Accent (OE alloys). After repeated attempts, I happened to have the tyre lying on its side and some water in the groove around the rim. There were bubbles there - probably a slightly damaged bead for a flat fix. Nothing could be done. It was inflation every week!
While I was away, my car was loaned out to family and when I got back, the car had the worst possible tyre rotation. I had two Bridgestones on the right side, an MRF and an Apollo on the other left, and an MRF on the spare tyre. The mechanic who did it probably wears a Bata on his left foot and a Nike on his right foot.

The wheel alignment store then had the MRF inflated and found the leak on the rim so they swapped the rims of the Apollo (tube tyre) and the MRF as the leak on the rim only affects the tubeless tyres. The wheels were then rotated to have the Bridgestone tyres on the front and the MRF tyres on the back.
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:58   #145
Senior - BHPian

Problem resolved finally. It was a nail without a head that had hidden itself between the treads and could not be noticed easily. I was losing around 2 PSI daily.

The first person I visited earlier missed the obvious water-and-bubble test but today I went to another guy who found it out pretty fast and fixed it.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:16   #146
BHPian

Tubeless puncture repair shop in Bangalore

Please suggest me a good Tubeless puncture repair shop in bangalore ( near domlur,Indira nagar area )
Thanks in advance
Old 14th December 2011, 19:30   #147
Senior - BHPian

Noticed 3 pieces of metal stuck in my front left tyre. 2 were small pieces of metal, the 3rd was a screw about 5 mm in length.

Took them all out - there's no leak now but I'm going on a long drive soon. Anything to worry about ?
Old 14th December 2011, 19:41   #148
Senior - BHPian

Have you marked the places from where you have removed the metal pieces & the nails? What I do is mark the area with a crayon (yellow or green) from where I remove the foreign object. I keep a spray bottle (old used colin bottle) filled with normal water in the car. Spray water from this bottle over the marked area & observe for air bubbles. If there are none, you are good. If you observe even a few, it means air has started leaking the area & you need to fix it asap.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:43   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

After a long drive last week, I noticed a drop in air pressure from 33 to 15. Hence checked for puncture and got to know that it was due to a 2 cm length hacksaw blade piece which has caused a 2cm length crack in the tyre. This has been fixed now however the SA in Bimal Service Station says that if there is a leakage again then the workaround is to make it a tubed tyre because it is not possible to fix a 2cm length crack.
I will be monitoring this tyre for the next couple of days however I'd like to get some views from bhpians as well

Is it not possible to fix this kind of puncture?
Any other workaround if there is a leakage again?
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
it was due to a 2 cm length hacksaw blade piece which has caused a 2cm length crack in the tyre. This has been fixed now however the SA in Bimal Service Station says that if there is a leakage again then the workaround is to make it a tubed tyre because it is not possible to fix a 2cm length crack.
I will be monitoring this tyre for the next couple of days however I'd like to get some views from bhpians as well

Is it not possible to fix this kind of puncture?
Any other workaround if there is a leakage again?
How deep was the 2cm crack? If it was well above the tyre internal surface, then you can very well use it (as a tubed tyre), but only for city/slow speed driving. If the crack was quite deep, just a couple of mm short from the internal surface, then better keep this tyre as spare (stepny) & used it only for short distances, when you have no other option. I had 2 instances when my tyre sidewall was ruptured (torn) due to my mistake. I simply discarded the tyre & replaced it with a new one. Now I don't have to think twice before embarking on a highway drive.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd February 2012 at 13:13.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks