Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2016, 16:59   #196
BHPian

Re: Yokohama C drive (now in a wider range of sizes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
I am wondering if they are discontinued for good, in India.
True that. C-Drives have been take off YHIL's portfolio last year. There were some sizes that were Made in Japan to India specs that came in infrequently. The Indian plant will roll out Earth one and S-Drives majorly. The new G055 for SUV segment is being imported from The Philippines.
Old 4th July 2016, 17:06   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
True that. C-Drives have been take off YHIL's portfolio last year. There were some sizes that were Made in Japan to India specs that came in infrequently. The Indian plant will roll out Earth one and S-Drives majorly. The new G055 for SUV segment is being imported from The Philippines.
Which is better among Earth-1, XM2 or Sincera? The need is for a better cushioned ride and very good wet grip, in comparison to the stock Amazer 3G. The tyre shouldn't be prone to punctures though.
Old 4th July 2016, 18:03   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Which is better among Earth-1, XM2 or Sincera? The need is for a better cushioned ride and very good wet grip, in comparison to the stock Amazer 3G. The tyre shouldn't be prone to punctures though.
Both Earth1 and XM2 are good proven tires.
XM2 would be Rs 200 ~ Rs 400 costlier than Earth1.
You can choose any of the two based on your budget.
Old 5th July 2016, 20:58   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
You definitely get more bang for your buck on the Earth 1's . Besides when it comes to claims, Yokohama would be a bit more flexible than Michelin. Ride comfort and good wet grip would be at par for both of them.
Old 16th July 2016, 00:30   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Thanks for the information.

I am wondering if there is a tyre in 195/60 R15 size that is similar to C-drive in terms of performance. I love the wet traction, aqua panning, cornering abilities, and flat planted ride.

I did come across Continental MC5, Michelin Primacy 3, and the age old Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. However, I am not sure of any of those would be a good alternative to C-drive. I'm open to considering other tyres, apart from these, as well.
Old 16th July 2016, 13:38   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
I am wondering if there is a tyre in 195/60 R15 size that is similar to C-drive in terms of performance. I love the wet traction, aqua panning, cornering abilities, and flat planted ride.
Yokohama V550 dB is the one that comes closest to fit the bill. And it's available in 195/60/R15 too.
WasavaTyres is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 18:27   #202
BHPian

Anybody here has experience with the c drive 2 zps (runflat version)?
I am looking to replace for my x1 and wasn't too interested in run flats because of the relatively harsh ride and noise, but am getting these yokos for 12.5k in 235/50 r18, which I guess is a good deal so considering

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks