Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:43   #16
yuv
BHPian

re: Old Honda City Type 2 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Ripper, you pulling my leg now?

This was a long time ago but yes I still have those alloys albeit in another OHC.
Sweet Memories. This is what happens when you bump an old thread
Old 9th May 2014, 14:27   #17
BHPian

re: Old Honda City Type 2 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi People

I have lost my front tires - alignment issues (one of my friends had been using my car for I was not in the city)

I have been using XM1+ (highly recommended by one of the appreciated dealers in Delhi) rim size 13 (broader profile, i cant recall - 185 i believe) but I have been highly disappointed by the grip these tires offered to me.

I have the following concerns if some one please may help

-Shall I change all 4 tires
-If I change them do I need to maintain the same profile, what if I take the new ones as standard size
- Does a broader profile impact - Fuel efficiency, Steering movement
- I am looking for a tire that offers me a good grip and lesser tire noise (which michelins were amazing at (not the grip) but the noise part they were very silent).

Please help for one of my tire is crying out for a replacement.
Old 19th June 2015, 18:04   #18

OHC Tyre Advice

Hi,

while the tyres on my pre-owned OHC 1.5 seem to have atleast 15000km of life left, upon closer inspection, i discovered that they are nearly 7yrs old! and have become rather hard.

I am a student and can't afford to spend too much, while i'd love to get some swanky new alloys and wrap them in sporty Hankook ventus evo12 rubber, i simply cant.

I intend to travel 50km at triple digit speeds on expressways every weekend besides light use during the week. i am currently debating between staying at stock size 175/70/r13 or 185/65/r13 or buying 15" steel wheels for 195/50r15 rubber.

my only requirement is Performance(dry&wet grip)/cost.|

im looking for the cheapest tire with best performance.

please advice me on which option is recommended, with particular tyre and why. also, how much might a set of 15" steel wheels (4X100pcd) cost me ?

Thank You

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks