Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 18:34   #1
BHPian

TPMS - Tyre pressure monitoring system by Tyreprobe

I am thinking of getting a TPMS- Tyre pressure monitoring system available in India through Tyreprobe fitted to my i20
TYREPROBE

Essentially It monitors the pressure in all four tyres , displays it on a display mounted inside cabin on the driver side and also provides alarm if the pressure crosses below 26 psi or above 40 psi.

Anybody has experience with the same or any other after market system .

I am aware of the valve caps with the colour but found them not to be so usefull or accurate .

The price quoted for the above model is 7000 INR + wheel balancing charges.

Anil
Old 1st January 2010, 19:00   #2
BHPian

Hi Pranil,

I have been using the Tyreprobe TPMS for a couple of months. So far it has been reliable and trouble free. In fact on one occasion when I noticed a weekly drop of 2 PSI a week over 3 weeks, the puncture could not be detected by imersing the tyre (tubeless) in water. Since the TPMS consistently indicated the pressure loss I refused to leave the tyre repair shop and the puncture was detected only after increasing the pressure to twice the normal pressure.

The only problem I had so far was that once while replacing the tyre , the technician carcked one of the probes with the tyre removal machine.The whole system was changed free of cost by the dealer.

The other issue is that there are only 4 probes and therefore rotating the spare is a cumbersome process of removing and reinstalling the probes.

On the whole it is highly reccomended.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

@pranil
Who is the dealer in Navi Mumbai? contact details please.
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

adnaps, can you post some pics of the display panel installed in the car ?
Old 3rd January 2010, 09:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
adnaps, can you post some pics of the display panel installed in the car ?
Hi sdp 1975,

Here you are..
Attached Thumbnails
TPMS - Tyre pressure monitoring system by Tyreprobe-02012010007.jpg  

adnaps is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

I had this in my mondeo, it didnt work so greatly. It used to take a long time to connect and I never really trusted it.
Old 4th January 2010, 07:52   #7
BHPian

Got it finally

Got it finally. Only problem is it plugs into cigarette lighter socket . I have to find a way to fix it separately .

So far great . I also noticed that Bluetooth interferes with the sensor taking long time to get the readings

Anil
Old 4th January 2010, 09:04   #8
BHPian

Hi Pranil,

Can you post the pictures of the TPMS and the cost at which you have procured it along with the dealer's name.

Kailash
Old 4th January 2010, 12:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil View Post
Got it finally. Only problem is it plugs into cigarette lighter socket . I have to find a way to fix it separately .

So far great . I also noticed that Bluetooth interferes with the sensor taking long time to get the readings

Anil

Hi Pranil,

I have cut the supply cable and connected it to the ICE supply. However please be carefull while connecting it the car electricals and make sure you have the polarity right or else you may damage the TPMS monitor unit.

Also the mini usb connector used here is supplies 12 Volts whereas for other devices, similar connectors supply 5 Volts. Therefore you have to make sure that the tyreprobe mini usb connector is never ever connected to any other device even by mistake.
Old 3rd December 2011, 11:17   #10
BHPian

I had been avry satisfied user of the Tyreprobe TPMS for the ladt three years. Since the last month the four sensors started failing one after another. I suspect that the batteries in the sensors have reached the end of their life with a usage of just under three years. Acording to the manufacture the batteries should last for about 7 years.
Triton valves is currently examining the equipment and so far their response has been supportive. I am hoping that the equipment does not end up as a scrap. I am hoping that I do not have to again invest a substantial portion of the initial cost for the repair/ replacement.

Will keep eveyone posted as soon as I get an update.

Any one else had a problem with the tyreprobe TPMS?
Old 7th August 2012, 20:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: TPMS - Tyre pressure monitoring system by Tyreprobe

Do you know any iTPMS available in India, which is more reliable, though only provides information on relative pressure difference between wheels based on angular velocity.
Old 2nd February 2013, 16:53   #12
BHPian

The new TPMS from Tyreprobe can display all 4 tyres pressure or temp. simultaneously. Have got that installed in my car. The experience has been good so for. No problems. The tyre rotation is catered to in the software & can be reset accordingly.
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
The new TPMS from Tyreprobe can display all 4 tyres pressure or temp. simultaneously. Have got that installed in my car. The experience has been good so for. No problems. The tyre rotation is catered to in the software & can be reset accordingly.
Thats interesting. Can you post the pics of the installation and also the cost details please? Does the system provide any warning beeps in case of pressure loss?
Old 3rd February 2013, 15:53   #14
BHPian

The system has HP, LP & HT alarms.
The cost will be around 11000 INR incl. fitting/ balancing etc.
The picture is attached here as requested.
Attached Thumbnails
TPMS - Tyre pressure monitoring system by Tyreprobe-tpms.jpg  

jfxavier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:16   #15
BHPian

Blaupunkt - TPMS 2.14 USB Car Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I am looking for a TPMS. Has anybody tried the new TPMS available from Blaupunkt? The cost is higher than the myriad of chinese products available but the brand brings in some reliability hopefully.

I am looking for some genuine reviews before investing.

I find it available on online retail websites (amazon, ebay, snapdeal etc) and the cheapest price is ~ 13K INR in ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Blaupunkt-TPM...item4d36e15ebf

http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/produ.../single/11031/

TIA,
Rajat

Last edited by rajatmakar : 2nd September 2015 at 17:18. Reason: Added original product link also

Most Viewed