Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2012, 12:09   #256
BHPian

Re: Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here

Hi all,

I am looking for a dependable place around Marathahalli or Whitefield where i can do a proper WA, WB ? Any experiences with the "Tyre Empire" shop at Whitefield?
Old 17th September 2012, 11:16   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for a dependable place around Marathahalli or Whitefield where i can do a proper WA, WB ? Any experiences with the "Tyre Empire" shop at Whitefield?
They are a Michelin preferred dealer. They have a setup in HSR too. From what I have seen at the HSR setup, they are quite decent with their work.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:34   #258
BHPian

Hi all,

Firstly,this is going to be a slightly long-ish post, but was hoping for someone to shed some light on my situation.

2007 SX4 with 95,000kms on the odometer. I recently had to have the entire suspension changed as a combination of Delhi roads, numerous highway drives and 2 Raids had taken their toll on the car.

After I got the car back post the suspension change, I felt the alignment OR steering wheel was out as the car was heading straight with the steering wheel turned to the left.

Now after a few days (and getting the alignment re-checked twice), the problem turned into something really bizarre: if the steering was straight, the car would go straight - but after a hard left, the car would straighten out with the steering still turned left. Take a turn right, the steering would the have to be held turned to the right to go straight.

The really scary part of this was that it would happen mid-turn, so while I'm happily turning the wheel on a turn, the car would straighten out mid-way because the steering center would shift.

Anyhow, taking it back to where the suspension was changed, after great deliberation it was determined that my steering assembly had to be changed. Ok, after being billed another massive amount the steering assembly was changed and I got my car back - with exactly the same problem, though not as bad - but it still exists, with the steering turning more to the left than the right now for the car to go straight.

I'm inclined towards getting the old assembly back in and going to Maruti to get this done. Currently the car is being taken care of by someone known to everyone (well, mostly) from New Delhi on Team BHP.

My question being - a) has this happened to anyone before? What could it be? b) could it be possible that this is a camber problem and I didnt need to change the assembly at all?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Anant
Old 17th October 2012, 22:39   #259
BHPian

Hi, The outer part of the tyres of my Vdi having 185/70/R14 have more wear than the other parts. The alignment guy, with who i give the car for alignment every 5k kms, conveyed that most swift are having this issue. Is there any common issue like that?
Old 18th October 2012, 13:13   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi, The outer part of the tyres of my Vdi having 185/70/R14 have more wear than the other parts. The alignment guy, with who i give the car for alignment every 5k kms, conveyed that most swift are having this issue. Is there any common issue like that?

No,its not a common issue. Check if the alignment readings are within range. If not then get them into range. If your present alignment shop is not able to do it , go to a better one preferably with the 3D alignment ones.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 14:37   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Try changing the Tyre shop and check if you notice any difference in the alignment values. I always used to trust the maruti service on this and realized it the hard way after suffering from bad wearing of almost all Tyres.

Most of the big dedicated Tyre shops are well equipped to take care of the wheels. off late i dont see any uneven wearing.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 21:33   #262
BHPian

Hi

Can some give me information a good place for wheel alignment in Ahmedabad. Am traveling from mumbai tomorrow and the steering is off centre and the car is pulls a bit to the right

Need to get the same fixed in ahmedabad since its too late to fix anything in mumbai
Old 30th January 2013, 12:20   #263
BHPian

After replacing my old tyre with 4 new Michelin XM2 175/70/13 did a Alignment and Balancing on my City OHC . Attaching the report . The tyre shop guy says there is an issue in my shocks . Am not well versed in the balancing and alignment report reading attaching it here . Does the reading says anything about the possibility of uneven tyre ? Just want to be aware of that.

OHCTyreAlignmentReport.pdf
Old 30th January 2013, 13:19   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
After replacing my old tyre with 4 new Michelin XM2 175/70/13 did a Alignment and Balancing on my City OHC . Attaching the report . The tyre shop guy says there is an issue in my shocks . Am not well versed in the balancing and alignment report reading attaching it here . Does the reading says anything about the possibility of uneven tyre ? Just want to be aware of that.

Attachment 1045000

The Camber and toe values for front tyre are out of range. Also the rear camber is showing a negative reading,whereas the specified range is in the positive range. I have a doubt whether the honda city model is set to a proper value because there are OHC,NHC and ANHC and the alignment report says 'Honda City,95-Till". I am sure that not all Honda city's models can have the same standard values.

I would suggest you get a re-alignment done at a reputed place in bangalore like Madhus, specifically telling them to choose the correct honda city model. I have a strong feeling that the report is not proper
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 16:31   #265
BHPian

when you upgrade the wheel & tyres in a new car is wheel alignment a must?
I upgraded my wheels from 14" to 15" (alloys +tyres) in my Rapid & wheel balancing was done, but not alignment. The tyre shop told me to get checked the alignment later in case of any problem. Without alignment done, it seems every thing perfect. But not exceeded the speed 70-80k since it's in running-in phase. Is it advisable to check the alignment or can it be used for say 5k kms & get checked? since there's no prob with handling, thought not to meddle with alignment. Pls advice.
Old 30th January 2013, 18:36   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
when you upgrade the wheel & tyres in a new car is wheel alignment a must?
I upgraded my wheels from 14" to 15" (alloys +tyres) in my Rapid & wheel balancing was done, but not alignment. The tyre shop told me to get checked the alignment later in case of any problem. Without alignment done, it seems every thing perfect. But not exceeded the speed 70-80k since it's in running-in phase. Is it advisable to check the alignment or can it be used for say 5k kms & get checked? since there's no prob with handling, thought not to meddle with alignment. Pls advice.
It's not necessary to get alignment done when changing wheels, but it is better if you do it to be safe. Moreover even small errors that cannot be detected during normal driving can cause abnormal wear on tyres. So I would recommend that you get the alignment checked for the sake of longevity of the new tyres.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:39   #267
BHPian

HI Vikaram, thanks for the suggestion. I'll get it checked soon, so that it clears all doubts.
Old 29th May 2013, 22:26   #268
Senior - BHPian

Today I carried out WA on our Indigo XL Dicor.
The Toe of RL Wheel was out of Setting Range. Is this due to Worn Shock Absorber?
The Person told me to replace the Toe Setting Rod.
I have not scanned the Alignment Report. So could not post it now. Will post tomorrow.

The Partial Toe Reading of RL Wheel is -1.70 and RR Wheel is 0.40.
The Total Toe Reading is -1.30. The Database for Total Toe is 0.00/0.89/1.77.
From above it can be noticed that the Toe Reading should be in the range of 0.00 and 1.77. But the RL Wheel Toe is -1.70.
What is the problem?
Old 7th June 2013, 11:48   #269
BHPian

Can anyone tell me good 3D wheel alignment centre in Mumbai preferably in western suburbs?
Old 7th June 2013, 22:09   #270
Senior - BHPian

Update-
I got the alignment checked at different shop where the alignment was done with some difficulty. Difficulty was-- the Nuts that would have to be loosen for setting the Toe, were Jam. The previous shop was unable to loosen the nuts and told me to replace the Toe Setting Rod itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks