Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 13:06   #361
BHPian

Re: Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here

Recent got alignment and balancing done for two of my cars, cars in question are Creta and Gi10.

Now the place where I got it done, attached the alignment machine thingy ONLY on the front wheels of both the cars;

With the Gi10 they did the "dhaaga" method i.e pressed a thread against the front and rear wheels after alignment of the front wheels.
Nothing like this was done with the Creta, only front wheel alignment.

I was under the impression that only cars with independent rear suspension need the machine on the rear wheels, however I see pictures on the forum of the alignment machine on rear wheels of similar cars (non high end, non independent suspension) as well.

Am I getting it done at the wrong place?
Old 11th August 2017, 13:35   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post

Am I getting it done at the wrong place?
Simple answer: YES.

It doesnt matter whether you have independent rear suspension or not.

The front wheels SHOULD be measured with respect to the rear. 99% of Indian cars dont have rear adjustment. Even in that case, the front should be adjusted with reference to the rear to ensure proper alignment and a level steering wheel. If this is not done, your steering wheel be off-centred.

Watch the above videos to understand more.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 13:44   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Simple answer: YES.

Even in that case, the front should be adjusted with reference to the rear to ensure proper alignment and a level steering wheel.
Thanks alot!
Would you, by any chance, know of a place in Gurgaon which would have a 4 wheel alignment facility and latest equipment?
Old 11th August 2017, 14:01   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Thanks alot!
Would you, by any chance, know of a place in Gurgaon which would have a 4 wheel alignment facility and latest equipment?
I dont have much experience and I think the opinion of TBHP-ians of the local area would be better.

I have visited this workshop called Dawn Auto and the guys who run it are quite energetic and nice. They are in Chatarpur. https://www.facebook.com/dawnauto/ They seem to do a lot of high end cars.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 10:20   #365
BHPian

I recently got alignment and balancing done from a third party tyre store. It was the first alignment of the new vehicle. ODO was at 10,000 kms.

Since the alignment, the steering has a developed a play. After about 3-4 seconds of setting the steering straight while the vehicle is in motion, it auto steers by 2-3 degrees to the right. The vehicle also pulled to the right heavily.

The ASC re-aligned it and rotated the tyres. The right pull is now gone but the steering still auto steers. The vehicle doesn't pull significantly anymore. It drives to the line most of the times except a few when it pulls either to the left or right slightly but that could be due to the uneven road.

What could be the reason for auto-steer?
The vehicle is a Creta, if it helps.
Old 19th December 2017, 11:07   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post

The ASC re-aligned it and rotated the tyres. The right pull is now gone but the steering still auto steers. The vehicle doesn't pull significantly anymore. It drives to the line most of the times except a few when it pulls either to the left or right slightly but that could be due to the uneven road.

Get it done from a competent tire shop and check the values yourself. Steering should be exactly centered while making adjustments. Usually any ASC overcharge and do a bad job.

OR

Check air pressure
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 14:20   #367
BHPian

I drive a Linea Classic Plus. Have been facing left pulling issue since a while. I got the alignment checked a couple of times in the last month and they say it's fine. However, the vehicle still pulls to the left.

While selecting the vehicle in the computer they select Linea 1.3 MJD 2012 - . I wanted to check if the values for the Linea, Linea Classic Plus with different tyre sizes are all the same. Regular Linea comes in 195 or 205 mm on 15 or 16 inchers. Linea Classic Plus comes with 175 mm on 14 inchers. Linea Classic Plus sold in very few numbers so i was wondering if the WA WB guys have the right values with them or not.
Old 4th March 2018, 14:00   #368
Senior - BHPian

Need some help regarding wheel balancing.

I had got the balancing and alignment done about a month ago. One of the four wheels didn't require any weight. After driving the car for around 500kms, I noticed that two of the wheels - both at the front- are missing the weights. I can't remember which one has actually lost the weight and which wheel didn't have it in the first place .

I have not experienced any noticeable vibrations or changes in the steering feel. Which brings me to the question: Should I get both the wheels balanced at once? I have to visit the shop for 1000kms free checkup. Can I drive around till then?
Old 27th April 2018, 15:08   #369
BHPian

Hi,

I got the wheel balancing and alignment done for my S-cross today at an MRF authorized dealer. I found the closest dealer from the MRF website.

It was a mixed experience, he charged me Rs.450/- for balancing, Rs.450/- for alignment and Rs.264/- for the weights. My car has run only 10,000 kms and this was the first alignment. I didn't want to get it done from Maruti as am not sure whether they even do it or just bill it. I am uploading the alignment report here, request if you can comment on whether the values are satisfactory and whether I can trust the guys there as I am a complete novice at this.

Also, if someone know a better WA/WB shop in west Delhi, would be glad to pay them a visit for my Honda Brio, which is also due for WA/WB.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wheel Balancing.pdf (579.6 KB, 408 views)
Old 29th April 2018, 10:40   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Get it done at a competent place. Check T Bhp directory. I faced a similar issue and the MRF guys at Prem Tyres, Chembur were hopeless to say the least. All they can do is a toe in toe out adjustment. Nothing more. After making multiple visits to the MRF shop and 10s of kilometres of test drives with them trying to explain to them the problem which they do not acknowledge i gave up. Their simple solution was to change tyres and were trying to sell me new tyres from their shop.

Then i went to a competent place who have been in the business for many decades now. They quickly identified the problem, took their time to solve the issue - i was ready to pay them any amount because i was so frustrated with the problem. There was a issue with the caster and or camber. It was resolved and the car is back to being normal.

Last edited by bharatbits : 29th April 2018 at 10:43.
Old 15th December 2018, 09:45   #371
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

Recently got my fortuner aligned with new tyres. Though according to Service center the alignment is perfect, the gaadi has a slight pull towards left of the road. Attaching the result with this post.
Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here-fortalign.jpg
Could you advice what could be causing this ?

Thank you, RJ.
Old 15th December 2018, 12:31   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Then i went to a competent place who have been in the business for many decades now. They quickly identified the problem, took their time to solve the issue - i was ready to pay them any amount because i was so frustrated with the problem. There was a issue with the caster and or camber. It was resolved and the car is back to being normal.
Which place did you go to finally? Is this an ASS or an FNG or another tyre shop?
sidpunjabi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 11:29   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Which place did you go to finally? Is this an ASS or an FNG or another tyre shop?
I went to Saifee Tyres, Santa Cruz. Alfred is their alignment guy. Very chilled out Goan dude. Been there a couple of times and planning another visit soon. From taxis to GLS, S, E Class es i have seen them all there waiting to get their alignment fixed the manual way. Most luxury car customers seemed to be visiting them since ages and are happy with the way alignment is done by a long steel scale and human eye judgement.

One negative is the owners of the place are a bit pushy to make you buy new tyres although there is a good amount of tread and life left on my tyres. Just say Next time and they should oblige.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 12:49   #374
BHPian

Hello,

Recently got all 4 tyres changed on my Fluidic Verna. This was done at Sai Enterprises , Baner ,Pune.

After the alignment I asked for the report, and they said they are not finding a printer for their alignment machine and hence no print.

I was quite miffed but could not do much as the owner was not present at shop and it was just the mechs.

They only passed me a click of the machine screen. Looking at the red indications I asked if all is good, they said yes and it is just the toe they do in alignment and not camber or caster. Is that generally the case?

Though the running is fine and I don't find anything amiss, am a bit concerned. Any advise looking at the pic?
Attached Thumbnails
Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here-img20181124wa0060.jpg  

Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:31   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Though according to Service center the alignment is perfect, the gaadi has a slight pull towards left of the road.
Alignment report is okay. Is 'tyre wear' even on tyres? And hope no suspension related issues on fortuner for pull towards left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Looking at the red indications I asked if all is good, they said yes and it is just the toe they do in alignment and not camber or caster. Is that generally the case?
Yes, only front toe can be adjusted. You could have visited Darshan tyres branch located near Jupiter hospital off baner road.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks